November 27, 2014 | 985 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer Oil -Free

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by LilyLil

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I continue to buy this product over and over again. YES, foundation primer makes a difference! This one over your regular daily moisturizer creates your canvas. You will not need as much foundation (saves $$) and it looks smoother and more even and matte yet not dry. I have to go to another brand for foundation (Laura M is too dark for me) but I am loyal to her primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2014 5:08:00 AM More reviews by ladyc74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Why oh why did I get sucked into buying this again?! I knew from previous experience, years ago, that it doesn't work for me. But I thought that now I'm in my late 30s, and my skin is *slightly* less oily, it might be better. Not so. Within an hour my skin felt so greasy and I spent the whole day feeling as though I really needed to wash my face. Ugh. I know it's oil-free, but in my experience that does not necesarily mean a product will work for oily skin. I can't see that it makes any difference to how my foundation looks, either. Dreadful stuff. i don't get the hype. All I can think is that it must work well on normal skins. To be honest, despite all the pushing of primers, I think if you have oily skin it's best to put on as few products as possible.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 9:00:00 AM More reviews by ashleymayf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Such an amazing primer! I never really had much luck with primers preventing oils and shine peeking through but this one did. It doesn't have that silicone feel that a lot of mattifying primers have, though this means it also won't do anything special to hide pores. I found that it soaked into my skin really fast and dried to a nice natural matte finish. I used this under my Laura Mercier silk creme foundation and the two together are silky heaven - without the risk of shine. Highly recommend for those with oily to moderately oily skin (not sure how it would hold up on super oily skin).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by baowins

I grabbed the small size of this product while standing in line at Sephora. It was about $12, I believe, and I immediately switched out the Benefit Porefessional that I was going to purchase for this Laura Mercier one because of the price difference. I only needed a temporary one because I was leaving for Paris in a couple of days snd plus I've heard good things about the brand.

It's different from other primers I've used because of its consistency. It's more liquidy than what I'm used to for a primer. It made my skin soft and ready for foundation. I actually didn't realize it until about a week into my trip, but it also made my makeup last for an ENTIRE day, which is pretty impressive. I applied my full face makeup around 10am and it STILL looked good by the end of the day. The only downside is that it doesn't make my pores less visible (but it doesn't enlarge it either); I use Too Faced Primed & Poreless so I always expect that in a primer).

All in all, I think it's a great product. I would definitely recommend it for people who are out and about for long hours and have no time to reapply throughout the day!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG primer and I'll tell you why. I have really dry, sensitive skin, so it's really hard to find a primer that is oil free, but doesn't dry out my skin. I love this because its oil free, and water not silicone based. I purchased Benefit's POREfessional first, it is oil free, and silicone based. It dried out my skin, felt like a mask, and broke me out. I returned it for this and I'm really glad I did. This is a gel that comes out white, but disappears on the skin and doesn't leave a white cast. It feels almost like a light-weight lotion that melts into your skin, and dries fast. It doesn't dry out my skin, feel like a mask, doesn't break me out, fills in lines and pores, helps my makeup apply smoothly, and keeps my makeup on all day. Most of the 1 oz primers I looked at, at Sephora were around $30, this one was $19.50. There is also a 1.75 oz for $32. Great price for the amount, and I absolutely recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by subzlovesmaycup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this primer. It's the first high-end/expensive one I've bought, and can I just say, it was a brilliant investment!! It keeps my makeup on ALL DAY, and this usually does not happen, because my skin gets soooo oily. I leave it in to soak into the skin, so it dries nicely, then my makeup sticks to it so well! I don't mind the smell, it's kind of like an off plain, but it goes once the primer dries.

Unfortunately, there is a downfall. You have to use alot of product to get that matte face. And because it's so expensive, I tried being strict with how much I use, but on days when I know my makeup has to stay on all day, I use alot!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had been hearing for a while that this is a Holy Grail primer so I decided to buy it. The tube is a great size for the price which I find unusual being LM is usually expensive. The primer has a silky, creamy texture and smooths in easily. I do not really care for the smell. It has a plain scent that is non irritating and luckily not really noticeable unless you stick your nose into the tube. The tube is easy to cut open and scoop more out of. The primer itself was ok meaning it did help make my makeup last. So I would go back to it in the future if I cannot find a primer I like better.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2013 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Tushky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have acne-prone and oily skin and I am still searching for a good primer to keep my make-up in place and matte for a longer time. I must say that for me this one didn't work. I've been testing it these days for more times(one day i used primer, one day not) and i don't see any difference in the shine of my skin. My makeup even looks better and more natural without the primer. I this it also broke me out, because it was the only new product i used these days...so no, will not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by 8ar8ie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted this to work but it did not. I used it under my LM Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer (which I disliked also) and my face was an oil slick after 2 hours.

Not only that but the ingredients has Ethylhexyl Palmitate as the second ingredient! That's a big no-no! Ethylhexyl Palmitate is a very high pore clogging ingredient. Most of LM makeup contains this ingredient. Too bad. Can't call it non-comedogenic when it contains pore clogging ingredients. Shame on Laura Mercier!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by brianne123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Tried this after realizing my normal L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base was making me a greaseball later in the day. While LM's primer DOES seem to keep oil at bay, that's about all I have good to say about it. In fact, I'm going to exchange it today and try out Tarte's Poreless.

This goes on my skin fine and feels great, but then I used my LM Mineral Foundation over top and my pores looked MASSIVE. I've never even stopped to look at my pores because my mineral foundation usually covers everything so well, but this primer made them look magnified. Like I said, it did seem to keep the oil at bay but that didn't stop it from making my face LOOK shiny. It just doesn't feel good on my skin, and it made my (expensive) makeup look bad.