August 21, 2014 | 966 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer Oil -Free

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by 8ar8ie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted this to work but it did not. I used it under my LM Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer (which I disliked also) and my face was an oil slick after 2 hours.

Not only that but the ingredients has Ethylhexyl Palmitate as the second ingredient! That's a big no-no! Ethylhexyl Palmitate is a very high pore clogging ingredient. Most of LM makeup contains this ingredient. Too bad. Can't call it non-comedogenic when it contains pore clogging ingredients. Shame on Laura Mercier!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by brianne123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Tried this after realizing my normal L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base was making me a greaseball later in the day. While LM's primer DOES seem to keep oil at bay, that's about all I have good to say about it. In fact, I'm going to exchange it today and try out Tarte's Poreless.

This goes on my skin fine and feels great, but then I used my LM Mineral Foundation over top and my pores looked MASSIVE. I've never even stopped to look at my pores because my mineral foundation usually covers everything so well, but this primer made them look magnified. Like I said, it did seem to keep the oil at bay but that didn't stop it from making my face LOOK shiny. It just doesn't feel good on my skin, and it made my (expensive) makeup look bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by alisonmarie1

I do like this primer, it makes my makeup last longer, but that's about it. Might repurchase in the future but want to try other primers! Good size product, got my moneys worth. Nice, lightweight, not sticky and no offensive smell. Worth a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My fav primer after trying SO many others - I have now been using this one for a few years and everytime I try something else, I regret it and come back to this! I recommend anyone with oily skin give this a try. It is $40, however one bottle lasts a very long time... I think my current one is from late 2012 and has still not completely run out!

PROS:
- no heavy feeling
- dries quickly
- won't make your makeup feel like it's turning to mud when you are applying, or later in the day (unless you use too much)
- makeup goes on smooth

I have tried the following foundation primers and more and have been unimpressed and come back to my LM oil free primer everytime!
- MAC Matte
- Smashbox (Photofinish Light, Photofinish Correcting - purple and green)
- Make Up For Ever Microperfecting Primer
- NARS Oil Free Pore Refining Primer
- Lancôme La Base Pro

Really worth a try if you haven't found a primer that is working for you yet.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by underage

I got a sample of this primer and have tried it both in summer and winter. I have normal/combo skin and it did nothing in my opinion. Its a thin formula that's not silicone feeling at all. It doesn't help my foundation go on smoother or last longer. I prefer my Revlon Color Stay primer over this one! Might be good for oily skin but not my cup of tea.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2013 6:56:00 AM More reviews by scorpiongal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I recently purchased this product along with Laura Mercier's oil free supreme foundation and invisible loose setting powder. I feel that it really helps in making the makeup last for 7-8 hours. It's very hot and humid where I live and I also have combination skin, therefore, I need an excellent primer to keep my makeup from melting! Laura Mercier's oil free primer does the trick for me. It works as an overall primer for the skin. However, I do use Clinique's instant perfector (pore refining solutions) for the pores on my cheeks and Make Up For Ever's All Mat face matifying primer for my nose. Hence, you can use Laura Mercier's oil free foundation primer as a base but if you're looking for a specific function in your primer, you'd be better off with another one.

It is oil free, so I have not had any breakouts thus far and I hope it stays that way! Overall, a good product and I am going to purchase it again unless I find one that's better this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by staceymonteith

This definitely helps my make-up to last longer, but not hugely - I still have to blot by the early afternoon. I also don't notice any difference to pores and I don't feel any difference in skin texture/condition after applying. So while this is an ok product, I'll keep looking for something that really does the job.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Victoriajane89

Was skeptical to purchase this primer after reading reviews but spent ages in John Lewis trying to find a foundation primer for oily skin and I generally love LM products... although I wouldn't recommend this foundation primer for oily skin.

It is good for normal/dry skin types and helps even out your foundation as a base. But there wasn't any shine control at all and I need something that will control this throughout the day.

I wouldn't say it was any better than other drugstore primer but you pay for the name for this one! I would say it was overpriced but the bottle is quite big so will last a while and a little goes a long way, packaging is in a squeezy tube which is fine.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by btjm

I use this before LM oil-free supreme foundation. Two together gave me a horrible look, but it is probably due the foundation. About this primer, nothing really special. It doesn't give a flawless look but it does make skin feel smoother. But it has a plasticy smell though.... Since it is my first primer, idk, idk if it's good or not. Feels ok for me. lol. But won't repurchase cuz wanna try some other primers.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by ClaireV

I only used this product 3 or 4 times, horrible tacky substance that made my skin break out. Supposedly oil free but I'm not so sure....