August 21, 2014 | 1167 users online

Moisturizers - Aura Cacia - Jojoba skin care oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2011 1:51:00 AM More reviews by yelloats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

have only used this twice but i am pretty amazed. i put just the SMALLEST drop in my palms and spread together before massaging it into my hair and my hair is sooo soft and nice. i have also used it on my face but i add very little of it to my jason organic 98% aloe vera gel with some glycerin and boy, i wore it at night and the next morning my face was soft and less oily than when i use regular oil free moisturizer and i also used it during the day and also experienced less oil on my face than with my regular moisturizers! i think ppl are right when they say, if u strip your face of oil, it will only get oilier b/c i put oil on and it was less oily! gave my skin a healthy (not oily) glow :) worth it! OH! as for packaging, if you get it at a vitamin or organic food store, in the vitamin aisle there should be little brown or blue bottles with a closed top with a dropper attached to it. definitely buy one of those if u plan on using this for skin care b/c the bottle that it comes in is horrible! it squirts tooo far and too hard for you to even try to control the amount. the dropper is nice though if u get one.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2010 8:23:00 PM More reviews by lorenlo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Be careful before starting the Oil Cleansing Method. Probably because I don't know how to do it, or my skin isn't suitable, but it left me with worse skin.

My skin was actually fine before I tried this. I think using this oil clogged my pores real badly so that I began developing these weird bumps and broke out easily.

It took me almost a year to recover from it by searching high and low for the right products (my previous cleanser no longer worked for me).

It's been almost a year and I still have pimples and bumps, but it's really much better, finally. I think the trick is to cleanse my skin real properly, with gentle yet effective cleansers.

So please use this with caution. In my opinion, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. That is, if your normal skincare routine is working well, there's no need to try this new kind of routine.

I don't have much obvious physical scarring from this, thank goodness, but psychologically I'm definitely scarred.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by MoMo25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product for my oily-acne prone skin. My skin does look better when I use this and I have been using jojoba oil for over a yr and my skin has never looked better! I absolutely hate the bottle so I usually just put it in my own little bottle so I can control how much I need.

FYI: I buy the organic version and love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 8:50:00 PM More reviews by carlito8846

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would love this so much better if it came in a better bottle.
It's hard to control the amount, so I just end up taking the cap off and then covering it with my palm to get just a smidge.
I did use this for a my face for a while, but after discovering that it works wonders on my semi-curly, very frizzy, not-to-be-tamed hair, I no longer use it on my face.
After I get out of the shower, I comb my hair with a giant toothed comb then smooth some of this wonder oil on it. It leaves my strands smooth, silky, and glossy without being greasy and dull.

UPDATE:
I am now using this on my face, but slightly diluted with some water, like damp palms. Has really helped with my dryness and makes my skin feel like real skin! LOVE IT

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 12:21:00 AM More reviews by shannonannagins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I get the organic version of this and I really like it. I use jojoba oil for my nighttime moisturizer because it's so close to your skin's natural sebum. I think it's much healthier for your skin than putting on a night cream, which can be very rich and habit-forming for your skin. Definitely too shiny for daytime use (I like Dermalogica's Active Moist for day use) but great for sleeping.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2009 4:25:00 PM More reviews by aboutsaffron

I really love this product - it's my first experience using a carrier oil of any kind, & it fits into my routine beautifully. I did, however, take the advice of another's review & rip out the plastic bit in the cap - big mistake! Now FAR more than I need comes out.

But I mix this with a bit of tea tree oil, lavender essential oil, & caster oil, rub onto my face, & then jump in the shower. My face has never looked better! :)

I know a few people have mentioned that it seems expensive, but you truly only need a few drops of this stuff. Isn't a fabulous complexion worth $12?

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2009 4:29:00 PM More reviews by thePinkcess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have always been really skeptical about using an oil to put on my already extremely oily face (mostly my t-zone), but after doing a lot of research, I decided to give this a shot. I went to a Whole Foods in Toronto and was originally searching for Desert Essence's jojoba oil, but this was the only brand they had. There are actually two kinds that this brand makes, and I opted for the non-organic one (they cost the same). I actually e-mailed the company when I got home to ask if there was a difference between the two, and a few days later, I received a reply and was told that there was a very small difference; however, both would have virtually the same effect on the skin and that I needn't worry.

With that said, I absolutely love this! It honestly really "mimics" my skin's natural oils, which is why my skin is no longer super oily by the end of day! It's amazing! And what I actually love most about this is that I know exactly what I am putting on my face, since it is 100% natural, as opposed to all those other moisturizers out there that have who-knows-what in them and are double the price of this.

I mainly use this by itself at night, as in the daytime I like to have SPF, so I take just a bit of this and mix it with my moisturizer (Olay Complete with SPF 15) and I have both sun protection as well as preventing oily skin! Also, I find that when I give the bottle a really firm and quick squeeze, less product comes out, so I don't really have a problem with the dispenser.

I really hope this works for anyone who decides to try it out, it really works for me and I have the satisfaction of knowing that I am putting something natural on my skin! If not, there are so many other uses for this (hair, body, etc.), you really can't go wrong!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2009 1:59:00 AM More reviews by tammallama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I decided to hunt down Jojoba Oil for a deep conditioner on my dry, dry ends because I researched online about all natural oils for hydration! This oil is almost exactIy like your own natural oils from your scalp, which sounded great to me! I found this one for 15 bucks at my local health food store.

I use it two diffrent ways : I put it on my damp hair an hour before shampooing when my hair is overly dry which is about once a week, to help prevent the shampoo from drying out my hair. I also use a squirt in my favorite conditioner every time I wash my hair. I found this way has made vast diffrences in the overall health of my hair, very moisturising. It adds a bit of weight to my baby fine hair which really helps tame the fluff that happens.... fine haired girls, you know what I mean ;p

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2009 10:33:00 PM More reviews by sdonn80

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using jojoba oil for a little over two months now. My skin has improved greatly, and so has my acne. After a few days of using it, the acne bumps under my skin on my cheeks and chin had basically disappeared. I use it at night, not during the day as it makes my skin look too oily and greasy. I also use it as a make up remover and it does an amazing job of getting rid of eyeliner and mascara. I recommend this to anyone battling acne, dry skin, as well as anyone who needs a makeup remover. The only con is that it is super expensive... $50.00 CDN for 480 ml at the local health food store where I live. Despite the price, I will continue to purchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2009 12:14:00 PM More reviews by blackberries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using it for three weeks, and my skin has looked smoother. Although I still have a few pimples (due to hormonal issues, not the oil), my pores do look a lot smaller. Jojoba oil cleared up many lucky faces in a month, but I guess I'm not going to be one of them...

As for the bottle, all the reviewers have warned about the annoying squirt-thing. And as donnagonz has suggested, you can cut a bigger hole. I actually just ripped out that entire opening. It's really easy (just don't hesitate).

I've also tried it on my hair but I didn't notice a difference :( I give this a four because it's not the miracle oil that I thought it'd be. Hopefully that'd change in a couple more months :) as I'd want to apply for a "study-elsewhere" semester next year... but only if I have a better face!