November 28, 2014 | 1749 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Palmer's - Palmers Olive Butter Formula

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by CandySplitz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best body moisturiser for my skin, I have only been using it for about a month. Put it on after I shower and it absorbs easily and my skin feels silky. My boyfriend even commented on how soft my skin is.
What really sold me on this product was how it left my skin on the butt cheeks, don't laugh, hear me out. For years since late adolescence I have had tiny whiteheads and breakouts on my butt. No matter what I did, they just wouldn't go away. I tried exfoliation, toning and even went as far as to go to the beach and sun my butt cheeks to get a dose of ultra violet light. Alas, no gypsy. After using this product, they went away without a trace, zap, gone! Now I have an illusive smooth as a baby's bottom.
So stoked :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by sarah0717

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My mum bought this for me and since then this become my favourite product from Palmers and goes well with the Olive Oil conditioner which makes it a fine collection :)

The texture and smell smells so fresh and radiant. I love how their packed with antioxidants and anti-aging properties so, it's kind of a less way to invest more products when you can trust this as one and I do see how it benefits my skin.

I've only been using it for a couple of months but, I'll definitely keep using it as part of my everyday lotion.
The packaging and price is reasonable. The bottle is handy at home it won't be a obvious thing to carry around while your out but, the price is worth the buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 4:28:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I wanted to try this out after finishing my bottle of the original cocoa butter lotion also by Palmers. I love this product just as much as the cocoa butter one. It smells nice, goes on thick, but absorbs into the skin nicely. I use this straight after a shower and it leaves my skin feeling super soft afterwards. It isn't as greasy as other body butter lotions that I have tried, but if you do use too much, it can come off a bit on the greasy side. Overall, I do love this product, and I love the scent too. I can't decide which one I like better; cocoa butter or olive! I will definitely be buying more. A must-have for me!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2010 7:32:00 AM More reviews by zed

I tried this as a sample and FELL IN LOVE. I bought it in a double pack so I got 1 kg (like 2 pounds?) for $15 or something. It has a great smell, not overpowering like the cocoa butter one (I can find it too strong) and soaks well into skin. I use it at least once a week, mainly on my face (which works great!). I found that in hotter months, I could mix it with a bit of water in a bottle and used so it is not as thick. The Vitamin E in it has helped reduce some of my small scars, such as burns or scratches, and I think that this is the greatest moisturiser I have used for my whole body (including face). Definitely will buy again.

Please note: It worked on my face, please be super careful if you have sensitive skin as it does have added fragrance. I donít want you to have a sore face if you donít know to be careful!!! Test a small area on the body to check if you have a reaction first.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2010 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Strikingreality

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm okay with this, but I feel this is thicker than the Cocoa Butter and doesn't get absorbed as readily into the skin as compared to Cocoa Butter in the hot climate like Singapore's.

Prefer Cocoa Butter to this... The smell of Cocoa Butter is heavenly too. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this stuff. It smells like most other olive oil/olive butter items I've tried- which is slightly fruity but light and fresh.

This can be hard to find, I think - I can only find it at ULTA, and sometimes at Sally Beauty. Also at some certain spots in the city at Walgreens.

I can't stand the scent of cocoa butter - never have liked it - it almost turns my stomach - that and anything too vanilla-y. It just smells so rich - like walking past a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse does the same thing - the smell is too rich (even foods! - steaks, lobsters, just heavy butter smell).

The formula can seem kind of sticky at first, but it settles nicely and quickly sets into your skin, I find. But my skin is usually so dry that it probably just drinks it right up!

This is a lighter-weight lotion and people might like it best for spring/summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2010 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Natashia

I have this in a tube form. I usually steer clear of moisturisers but was forced to use one when my skin turned very dry during a trip to a cold country. Love it! It sinks right into the skin, and does not have a coying scent (like the cocoa butter range), and did not irritate my skin (which the shea butter one did). Compared to other body moisutrisers, this is so good, because it sinks right in, moisturises well (did not suffer from itchy red skin, which I do if I do not apply moisturisers when I am in cold countries), relatively cheap, contains an active natural ingredient and no bad/ coying smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2010 1:10:00 PM More reviews by lizxphile

My sister in law's brother in law is some kind of exec at Palmer's, and she had tons of bottles of this lotion last time we visited. She noticed I kept going back for more from the bottle she had at the sink, so she gave me a bottle, & said she didn't particularly love it. I really like it! I've liked all the Palmer's cocoa butter products I'd tried but I had never seen this olive butter lotion before. I like the smell and it moisturizes pretty well - for how thick it comes out of the bottle it absorbs really well. Does not contain lanolin (which I am purportedly allergic to although I've been having doubts - could be my mother's propaganda! lol) and it contains certified organic olive oil. Olive oil is good for your body inside and out and can be used in lots of skin and body care applications. My skin has really liked this lotion so far, and when I run out I will buy more if I can find it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2010 5:51:00 PM More reviews by windchijmes

Decided to get this body moisturiser on a whim. I like it a lot! It comes out as a thick green cream, but surprisingly sinks in really well into the skin. It leaves no greasy residue or after-feeling at all, which is a big plus for me because I absolutely detest the stickiness of lotions. The only reason why I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 is because I don't think it's as moisturising as it should be. My skin is not particularly dry, so it works well for me for me now, but I'm not sure how it'll hold up in winter. Besides, I'll love to try other body lotions!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2009 9:47:00 AM More reviews by leung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is super good value for money! The lotion has a light scent which will not overpower any fragrance if you decide to use one after applying the body lotion. Absorbs very quickly and non greasy. Like heaps!