August 28, 2014 | 1393 users online

Skincare - Face - Buf Puf Face Sponge-Gentle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 2:04:00 AM More reviews by thebobcat64

I decided to try one of these after I decided the Clarisonic was too expensive. I was very pleased with the results. I had never heard of this before someone compared the Clarisonic to this on their blog. I use this in both the morning and the night. I have used this with scrubs and have not had a problem. Right now I'm using it with LUSH's dark angels cleanser and it's working well, although my buf puf is now a weird grayish because of it. I have gotten a lot of compliments on my skin since I started using this and it's the only new thing I've added to my regimen. This gets all of my makeup off and minimizes my pores. My chin purged at first because I had a few blackheads there, but it has been smooth sailing since. I plan on repurchasing the six pack next time on amazon.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2009 2:04:00 PM More reviews by calanthe

I love the peach buf-pufs...I was considering trying the Clarisonic brush or some other kind of exfoliating brush but decided to give these a try again. Why spend $150 when I can spend $5? I usually apply my cleanser in the shower then use the puf very gently over the cleanser, almost so lightly that all it does is foam up the cleanser on the very outer layer of skin. That's all you need to do, they exfoliate beautifully and gently.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2009 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Ceci2468

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Buf-Puf singles. I love these because they are disposable and work really well. Leaves my face feeling soft and smooth. I don't use them too often (maybe once a month or when I feel like I need it). They do the job quick and easy, then just toss in the trash. I don't have to worry about mold growing or anything like that. Totally sanitary. I highly recommend and will buy again. Since I don't use them too often, they last me a very long time (years - - LOL)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OMG HG PRODUCT!!! I cannot believe I haven't written a review on this!! This has SAVED my skin.....I have been looking for some sort of gentle way to exfoliate...I tried all sorts of scrubs, natural and synthetic alike, and my super sensitive skin would either get ridiculously irriatated and break out or it wouldn't change at all.....I came across this on MUA and decided to try it..I got the "extra gentle" version at Ulta one day for like 4 bucks and used it for the first time with some purpose soap by taking off my makeup and sunscreen...For once, I finally felt like my skin was COMPLETELY clean and smooth!! I LOVE THIS THING! It has saved my skin and made it sooooo much smoother....I gently rub it over blemishes, and it makes them heal so much faster...It slowly exfoliates away my post-acne red marks...It has RIDDED of all the blackheads on my nose and cheeks...I now use it with an olay soap about 2-3 times a week and I wish I had this thing YEARS ago when my skin was at its worst..I credit this with keeping my skin healthy looking and baby soft....I follow this exfoliation with witch hazel toner and my skin's quality is amazing..My only regret is that I didn't know about this sooner, like when I was on birth control because back then my only blemishes came from my skin not getting cleaned or exfoliated well enough and nowadays while off of birth control my only blemishes are from hormones and not from dead skin cells...but its ok, I'm about to get back on and I can't wait to keep exfoliating with balanced hormones..I would recommend this to anyone, especially those suffering from acne caused by makeup or moisturizers (like comedones, clogged pores, and whiteheads)....also if you have a really rough skin, this is amazing..and btw, I only use the buf puf brand and I change it every 3 weeks and I recycle my old ones by using them on my body (especially right before I shave--on my knee and elbow areas)..makes shaving soo smooth...

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2009 3:47:00 PM More reviews by njr86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am in love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nothing this cheap has ever made my skin look soooo nice! These are so much better than those gross scrubs could EVER be. I use them with Cetaphil Cleanser (gentle) and my skin gets really clean but stays moist.
There is only one store around here that sells the name brand buf-pufs so whenever I go I get all of them!! The body bufs are amazing too. I have KP on my arms and legs and the blue&white buf-puf helps so much w/that.
Do not buy the CVS brand face pufs...they are awful. Buy buf-pufs from drugstore.com is ya have to!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Leal18

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE THESE THINGS!!! I use cleanser and rinse and then put some cleanser on the Buf Puf and massage over my face. This way, it removes all traces of dirt, oil and make-up, but I get most of my make up off on the initial cleanse and don't have it all piled up in the Buf Puf. These keep me soft, smooth and clear skinned. :) :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Figure88

I have super sensitive skin...just looking at it the wrong way can cause a reaction ha ha. After moving from CA. to WA. my skin changed BIG TIME! For 3 years I struggled with my skin, going through product after product. I finally had all my ducks in a row but was missing an essential skin tool - an exfolliant. I already use PC BHA gel but I needed something to sloth of dead skin cells and leave my skin glowing.

The idea of using a sponge over and over again was nerve wracking. I dry my face with cotton every night so I don't have to use a towel because I am so anal about it. I was worried bacteria would cause breakouts, etc.

I entered into my romance with senior Buf-Puf skeptical and broken hearted from all my flings in the past with other products...this time however I was not disappointed.

A pump of cleanser into my extra-gentle puf creates a rich lather, I then gently buff my face with the puf, going around in circles once around my face (avoiding the eyes.) The key is to be gentle...the puf is doing the scrubbing for you.

After 2 weeks my skin texture had dramatically improved, and these stubborn under-the-skin bumps I had were gone! My make up applies better and I feel better about myself.

I rinse the sponge with warm water, squeeze dry, and set in a small glass dish.

This product has not caused me any skin irritation...the results have been fab-u-lous, glowing, healthy, even, smooth skin.

I use it 2-3 times per week.

This a is must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2009 9:40:00 AM More reviews by prcdnvl28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Buf Puf is simple, but effective. I loved these when I was younger and re-discovered them about a year ago. The sponge does a great job at physical exfoliation. If you are using chemical exfoliants, you won't need to use this very often.

I also love use it in the shower on my legs, elbows, etc. You can find these at almost any drugstore as well as online. I also like the regular one for the body and the Buf-Puf Singles that come in a pack of 40 for traveling.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2009 3:31:00 PM More reviews by iloveMnMs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I ♥love♥ my Buf-Puf! I've been using these since I was a teen. (I'm "old" so that's 20 years!) I use the Gentle (peach color) or Extra gentle (pink) twice a day as part of my normal face-cleansing routine. I *never* feel really clean if I don't use my Buf-Puf. I use very light pressure and I am careful not to over-scrub. That's the key. They eventually get smooshed--I replace my Buf Pufs about every 2 months.

These have become harder and harder to find. I usually get them at Ulta (US $3.99 each). I buy 3 with a "$3.50 off $10" coupon which, with tax, makes them just under $3 each. What a deal!
Call me a Buf-Puf snob but I do not use (or recommend) the drugstore brands!! The quality varies greatly and some are super abrasive. They can really damage your skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2008 12:26:00 AM More reviews by punk_rock_grrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just started wearing foundation again recently. Upon application, I noticed that the skin on my nose was incredibly dry and my make-up would gunk up there and look awful. My moistuizer is great on the rest of my face, but for some reason doesn't moisturize my nose area well. In any case, I came across Buf-Pufs in Ulta tonight and I had a teenage flashback; I can't believe they still make these! I was about to purchase LORAC's skin resurfacer for $32, but decided on the Buf-Puf instead to save myself some money. Plus, LORAC's product had three different types of oils in the ingredients list; not good for my already oily, acne-prone skin. I ended up purchasing the gentle Buf-Puf and after I used it, I couldn't believe how baby soft my skin was. And the dry, scaly skin on my nose was noticably reduced. Hopefully, the dryness will disappear completely with regular use. Will repurchase if it does.