July 30, 2014 | 998 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2014 5:03:00 AM More reviews by chlodewick21

the mac studio fix fluid provides a brilliant coverage, a nice consistency, the packaging is flattering and it is excellent to wear for a special occassion as its very long lasting

However..

i got colour matched too dark meaning i can only wear it when i have tanned, otherwise you can see its too dark, i have oily skin on my tea zone and i find it seems to cake up alot around that area, i also find it dosent seem to even out very well and can be quite patchy,

overall its a nice foundation but it is a tad overrated and i dont think i would re-purchase this again

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by Louiserm97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have oily skin and so far this product works for me. I am also very pale with yellow undertones so this is probably the first foundation out of about 4 I have tried that this is really working wonders. Apparently it is known for break outs but I have not had any more than what I would normally have, may be the odd one or too? I think those people should just clean there face more and eat well! If you are also in the puberty age bracket, pimples could be from that.

Pros- It's worth a try, keeps me matte for a big portion of the day, pair it up with innoxa poor vanisher and looks amazing, colour is perfect, it's thick and full coverage, apply with a flat top kabuki brush and you will be in heaven.

Cons- you have to buy a pump for about $8, it's $50 (in Australia), it smells a little funky

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2014 1:58:00 AM More reviews by tquirk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had this foundation for about a year now. I have NW 15. At first i used it every day, and now i just use BB cream for every day wear. This foundation has amazing coverage. Although i found in summer i needed a darker shade because i was more tanned and my face would look white in photos. I did notice when i used it every day i got more pimples. Now i just use it for when i have events, parties or going out. I found the coverage was too intense for every day wear, and that's why i switched to a BB cream. The only downside about this foundation that if you have dry skin patches on your face it makes them stand out heaps, so i recommend a face scrub, wash, cleanser and a lot of moisturizer for quality and good results for application.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 4:26:00 AM More reviews by peachesandblossoms

I bought this foundation in the lightest shade, NW 10. This foundation isn't amazing, but it is good. In my opinion this foundation has pros and cons. Pros: - this is the only foundation that has my shade! (I have very fair skin), this has great coverage compared to every other foundation on the market, a little is needed to achieve a flawless complexion,the price is okay,when wearing this, my skin looks fabulous & flawless. Cons: I find that when I usually wearthis foundation it makes me gain a few pimples, (however, the the last 2 weeks I haven't, I've had this foundation for around 2-3 months), it can have a heavy, oily feeling if you put a lot on, I had to pay extra $ for a pump! Overall, I would buy this product again and it definitely is worth buying IMO because the coverage is fantastic and there are so many shades!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by harpreetsahi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very dry skin and so I am only able to use this foundation if I have prepared my face beforehand. I need to use a natural face scrub to get rid of as many dry patches as possible, use a ton of moisturizer and use a good quality primer. Sometimes I have to use a honey face mask too. If I was to apply this foundation without following the above routine I find it clings to every dry patch I have and makes my skin look disgusting. I therefore don't particularly recommend this foundation for those with very dry skin, but it is possible to make the foundation work. This product also feels very heavy on the skin and although it does not break me out my skin actually feels tired if I wear this foundation days in a row. Due to this fact I do not use this foundation on an everyday basis.

However, I adore the finish this foundation gives when applied properly. It makes my face look flawless and gives a better coverage than my other high-end foundations. When I have an important event I always find myself using this foundation and IMO the lasting power is superb.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by MLNx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

MAC Studio Fix Fluid & Studio Fix Compact NC20
MAC Prolong Wear Foundation NC25
Shiseido Perfect Refining Liquid Foundation O20 (O2O in all Shiseido face makeup)
GloMinerals Satin II Liquid Foundation
MAC Studio Careblend Powder Light Plus
L'Oreal True Match Liquid Foundation W2

I got macthed to an NC20 in this foundation and after seeing so many people say how great this foundation was on youtube, and the good coverage it has I decided to try it... to my surprise it didn't live up to the hype what so ever. I'm the second lightest shade in the 'warm' category and it is far too orange based. Not yellow. Orange. I've tried several different ways of applying this - from a flat top brush, RT stippling brush, RT Expert Face Brush, RT Buffing Brush to a beautyblender and still gives a disappointing result. The coverage is more of a medium that I personally don't think can be built because it appears to just get 'darker' after each layer you apply. I'm definitely warm toned, so when I applied this and even thought it was TOO orangey based I was surprised. I cannot get it to work for the life of me.. I've even tried mixing it with a lighter foundation to no avail as it just doesn't last on my skin what so ever, and I'm not even that oily having just got off my accutane course! A friend of mine who is of a darker complexion and has got very different skin to me (Normal) has even said she finds this foundation too orange for her complexion! The staying power is also quite poor with and without a primer. Everytime I try and give this foundation another go I always end up with a few new 'bumps' which then form into pimples which is odd especially since I rarely break out unless it's hormonal. To whoever this works for, I'm super glad it does and that you didn't waste your money! However, for me personally it just isn't worth the money or the time.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Telisha92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was told to buy this because it has great coverage, and I need something for my acne scars. I have very fair skin and I bought the lightest colour without trying to look like a china doll, and it still makes me look like a carrot. The coverage is ok, but really doesn't last very long. Even though I have dry skin, I can still feel it become oily after a few hours of wearing this. Also, it's expensive, and there's no pump for the bottle. What's that about?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 9:14:00 AM More reviews by harrietmm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have always had a few blemishes on my face throughout school and teenage years and lots of foundations have made my skin itch because of the perfume and I had lots of problems finding a decent light shade with other brands.
I love this foundation so much! Gives me good coverage without looking cakey (if you know how to apply it) and has never worsened my skin. It's long wearing so long as you set it with powder and I LOVE it. If you're one that likes foundations with hardly any coverage and you have perfect skin then this probably isn't the foundation for you, however it is perfect for me :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by cynthiamedeiros

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was really excited about this foundation when I bought it in Sephora... But the coverage is too intense, I didn't like it. I bought the color NC25 (which is not the right one for me, actually... It happens, I bought it at night, very tired, in a hurry...), and even though my skin is warm, the Fix Fluid has a very deep yellow shade. It's not natural, it clearly seems that you've put a lot of foundation in your skin... I dislike this effect, even though it's nice for parties at night and all that. But no, I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2014 1:15:00 AM More reviews by quynhnguyen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't like the scent of this foundation, though it really covers my skin well. That scent is quite annoying and I feel like it's still around me for nearly half an hour. The packaging is inconvenient also