MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 7/13/2015 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought this with high expectations but was left disappointed. When I wear this foundation, it clings to certain patches making my skin look dry despite me having oily skin. It does this despite me moisturising and/or using a primer.It tends to go over spots rather than cover them and also doesn't stay on throughout the day. Even after building the foundation up I found after a couple of hours, all of my spots/blemishes were on show. Definitely would not recommend.

on 7/9/2015 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I am super pale with pinkish-neutral undertones on my face with my neck and body edging towards neutral so I went with NC15. This foundation has really full coverage and is great for a night out or a special occasion.

I have dry skin and I found the using the RT sponge damp to be the best way to apply for me. It provided a flawless finish as well as being slightly more radiant compared to matt if you use a brush to apply. Because of my dry skin I find I have to make sure I have no dry patches or if I do use a silicone primer otherwise this foundation clings to the dry patches and highlights them.

It felt surprisingly light on the skin considering the coverage and it had a mild yet pleasant smell.

It lasts all day on my skin even without using a powder to set it.

I wouldn't use this everyday simply because my skin is young and it good condition so I don't need the heavy coverage on a daily basis. Definitely recommend!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

LOVE this.
I have been wearing this foundation for almost 2 years and have loved it since the first day I wore it. It is a very full coverage foundation, which I love, it eliminated pimples and redness that I have on my cheeks.
Packaging is great, the only downfall is that it does not come with a pump, it needs to be purchased seperatly and costs about $8 however once you have one you can just re-use it.
I loved the instant finish this product gave me and is perfect for a night out.
My only critism is that after a long day (I work 8.30am - 5pm) my T section becomes very oily and it begins to seperate so I am constantly getting my powder brush out and dabbing my oily parts to give them that matte look again.
It personally did not break me out as I don't suffer from acne however a number of my friends have reacted quite badly to it.
I wish the product was a bit runnier, it is a bit clay like and I find blending it in sometimes hard and time consuming.
I just switched brands to NARS Sheer Glow Foundation to give myself a break from MAC, I also had my makeup done at Mecca and this is what they used and I fell in love.
However I will also keep a bottle of MAC Studio Fix around as it is my true love and my back up if all else fails.
Overall a great product that I continually buy over and over again.

on 7/8/2015 1:26:00 AM

This is my standard basic liquid foundation. I benchmark with it and like that it is widely available. I find that the formula is light and long wearing. My T-zone gets shiny but it's nothing major that a good primer and/or setting powder cannot handle.

on 7/4/2015 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings about this product. I like to have full coverage foundation as I have a lot of blemishes I am insecure about and this product claimed to be just that. However when I tried this, the foundation had a sheer coverage and needed a good few layers to get even close to covering my blemishes! I would never wear this without a concealer. I do however like the finish as it is semi-matte but I do apply a powder over the top to pro long the wear and just get rid of any unwanted shine. I have oily skin so I was scared of how long the foundation would last during the day but I found it would last a good 6-8 hours before it started to look bad which didn't bother me as I always apply a fresh face of makeup after a working day before I go out anyway. One problem with this foundation is the fact it does oxidise to an orange tone which did not look flattering on my pale skin, neither did the yellow tones which Mac seem to offer. The foundation doesn't have a particular smell, just a typical foundation smell which didn't bother me and has a lovely smooth feel to it. Overall I would repurchase this foundation if necessary because it's long lasting and has a lovely finish to it without looking cakey however the cons are that it gives flashback in photos (due to the SPF) and oxidises.

on 7/2/2015 6:59:00 AM

Clients love this - I do not. I think this foundation is more suited to those with combination/oily skin, unlike myself - completely normal skin.

Generally, I find MAC's shade selection to be very poor, if like myself, you are very pale. I have the shade NW13 in this, but for me, I found that this oxidized very badly. Don't get me wrong, I get so many compliments when I wear this foundation, however, this is with blending it down my neck to actually get it to match my skin colour.

In terms of the consistency, I found it to be very thick and high coverage. I know that many people prefer lighter coverage foundations, but although my skin isn't very problematic, I prefer the coverage of this foundation to lighter foundations.

Personally, I reach for my NARS Sheer Glow a lot more than this one.

on 6/21/2015 10:16:00 AM

This is in my top 5 favourite foundations.

Gives very good coverage, I use with a damp beauty blender and it blends really well into the skin. I then use cream blush and bronzer and lightly powder over the top. This is one of the foundations that last the nicest on my skin, I powder maybe once of twice throughout the day and it always still looks great after a long day at work.

I don't mind the smell, its very faint and it's quite a thick but runny formula.

Love this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I loveeeee this foundation! I have a weird skin combination. My forehead is oily and the rest of my face is extremely dry. I have a lot of acne scars and redness. I have acne prone sensitive skin. I use the color nc15 and it is the first foundation light enough to match my fair skin. The coverage is amazing. It does not cling to my dry patches but it also doesn't make me oily. It leaves my skin flawless. It is a bit heavy on the skin but for the full coverage it has it's not as heavy as other full coverage foundation I have tried. It last at least 9 hours on my skin with setting spray. The only thing wrong with it is that it breaks me out. When I wear it the next day I wake up with acne. So I only use it for special occasions because I love the coverage. I love it so much that I still wear it even though it brakes me out.

Alright, so to start off I'd like to say that before you go rushing out to buy this you need to get a sample of it. I'm no expert so I have no idea what the issue is, but for some people this is an excellent foundation, for others it's the worst. My friend and I bought this at the same time but while I love it, it broke her out really badly and she returned it almost immediately after purchasing.

However, if you're like me then this stuff is awesome. I use NW15, my skin is not smooth at all and is both super oily and super dry, so finding a good foundation that actually stays on and looks good for more than 3/4 hours has been an awful struggle. It took me a while to learn that no matter how highly rated a product is, it doesn't necessarily mean it will work for you (here's looking at you NARS).

I apply this (after moisturising and priming of course) very lightly, and get light to medium coverage. It lasts all day for me without getting flaky or gross, and my skin has yet to break out because of it. I think the price is pretty good for a foundation that actually works and stays on, but the lack of a pump does frustrate me. I will be re-purchasing unless I somehow fall face first into a better foundation and at the moment this is actually my HG (I know it's a big call but it just loves my skin!!).

on 6/8/2015 3:04:00 AM

I love this foundation I love wearing it when I wanna look a little more tan because it does oxidize on ur face and at the same time give u an amazing demi - matte finish. it'll last around 6-8 hours on u if u use a good setting powder, I find that if u dust the studio fix powder foundation over this lightly, it makes it last a little longer.