March 2, 2015 | 1722 users online

Gels/Soaps - Ivory Moisturizing Body Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by mladyd

I started using this many years ago but these days it can be harder to find so I just bought a case of the Aloe version online so I'm set for awhile. I like the original scent as well and it makes the bathroom smell wonderful, abut the Aloe is my personal favorite. I DISLIKE the new packaging however, it looks cheap and very 1970's IMO. The old hour glass, opaque bottles were perfect, simple, very IVORY if you know what I mean.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i have the original scent and it smells wonderful!! dirt cheap for a large bottle! lathers well and i feel super clean...i rotate this stuff with my bath and body works body washes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by LittleViolet

This is the body wash I use the most (summers). Best scent like laundry, cleans really well, and usually I can find it for $1.99 or $3.99 for a big bottle! I love this stuff, wish Ivory made a lotion. They only have 3 flavors of this, and it can be hard to find...Regular, Aloe and maybe a lavender. I haven't tried the last two; the original takes care of everything. I love this wash; I hope they never stop making it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by VAmom

This is a light, inexpensive product. Not very moisturizing, but not very drying. The hour-glass shaped bottle is easy to grip in the shower. What I like best is the clean, light scent. Reminds me of clean sheets hung in the sun to dry. If you're in a minimalist mood, you might like it.
update-the data base id'ed this product wrong-it should be Ivory Simple Aloe, whitish bottle and wash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2012 2:04:00 AM More reviews by maggiegault

I don't know why I ever stray from this wonderful body wash. It gives me exactly what I want, cleans my skin without stripping it, and leaves me with a lovely light clean scent that I adore. And you can't beat the availability or the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by CET13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Best body wash out there....so cheap, smells wonderful ( I wish I could find a lotion that matched!), readily available, appropriate year round, and won't muck up your shower. I use it with my Buf Puf body sponge and my Salux cloth--excellent exfoliation--and to shave in a pinch. I use the Simply Ivory--I don't care for the other scents--and it is the only body wash I have purchased more than once...numerous times, actually, and used up entirely. I usually buy it on sale and with a coupon, and have never paid more that $3-4 dollars for a huge jug. My only gripe is that they keep changing the bottle, and now it looks weird to me. I liked the old minimalist looking one, but as long as they don't mess with the product inside, I'll put up with it. Edit: I feel like the fragrance has changed....it isn't as clean smelling now that it is in yet another new bottle. The product is called "Original" now, and it has a muskiness to it that lingers and the result is less than shower fresh. I'm returning the two I've purchased, and looking for something new. Dropping it down to three stars....

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 9:11:00 PM More reviews by newyorkshopper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this is my new favorite body wash. Typically I use Kiehls but they discontinued my favorite scent and I ran out of my stockpile so a friend suggested this. It's super cheap (was less than $2 on sale) and a great basic body wash. I got a huge bottle of Kiehls body wash as a gift with purchase so I'm using that now but will buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by troglodyte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A very nice, effective body wash. Doesn't dry out skin, smells very neutral/unisex, suds greatly, bottle looks elegant instread of flashy/flowery. My favorite.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2011 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Marzia620

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

FYI, I have horrid eczematic sensitive skin. No bodywash to date has ever worked for me. The only thing that has worked as a cleanser has been pure olive oil soap bars....But I hate the extra time needed to work up a lather with the washcloth in the shower, so I really want to go bk to liquid bodywashes...if I can...

PROS: Did not make my skin itch in the shower like St Ives Oatmeal one did, left my skin soft for like an hour after showering and no feeling of dryness whatsoever, rinsed clean without a slippery residue feel, unlike St Ives.

CONS: Bodywashes leave my skin dry, and the skin on my legs has a tight feeling and itches like hell after the shower. Unfortunately, after that one hour or so after I showered, that dryness and intense discomfort came back, and the skin on my hands was super dry. So yes this dries out my skin, and the smell is definitely detergent like for the simply ivory scent. *sigh* My search for a non drying bodywash continues. Think I'll try the Summer's Eve as a body wash next.....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by kellirae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this body wash.. It has the perfect smell to me too. I like creamy and clean scents in a body wash. Not too heavily perfumed or fake smelling ones at all. This one gets the job done and its decently priced.