October 21, 2014 | 1912 users online

Lotions/ Creams - La Roche Posay - Lipikar Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by ani4ka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This saves my daughter's atopic skin since she was a baby - the best emolient ever. It's been our staple moisturiser for 5 years. Sinks in nicely and there's hardly anything it can't handle. HG!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by basmah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing! This is the only cream that can save my very dry, itchy, cracking winter skin. It is available in two sizes, a 200 (or 250?) ml squeeze tube, which is 16 Euros I believe, and a 400ml pump bottle, which retails for 24.95 Euros. I buy the bigger size, because it is excellent value and I prefer the packaging. This is a very thick cream/balm that is very moisturizing and doesn't contain any fragrance. That's basically all I can say about this cream. It moisturizers better than any other moisturizer I have ever tried (including body butters by Clinique and The Body Shop) and I am no longer tempted to try other creams in search of something better, because I don't think that such a cream exists.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by cathped

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It is good! Actually I like that it is unfragranced. It is very concentrated, so dont put on much, just a thin layer. This bodybalm, as it says, makes my dry legs so soft! It's a quality product. I got a big bottle of 400 ml w/pump at my pharmacy at $37, and it is going to last aaaaages...! I have tried to mix a drop of lavender oil in some balm if I want a smell to it. I also use some of the balm as a handcream that I keep in a little plastic container in my bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Mashmash

My favourite! Got dry skin? Use this! Doesn't smell nice for my liking but the formula is excellent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is great if you suffer from very dry skin. You'll see major improvements within the first couple uses. I've been using up some samples of it and I'm impressed. It's a bit too pricey for me right now, but I wouldn't rule out buying it at some point in the future when I have some extra money.

Be aware though that it does take some time to fully absorb, it is a heavy balm after all. The smell is kinda odd, but you get used to it. I dunno, it smells sort of like lard to me. That sounds awful, but that's probably just me. Besides once you see the results you won't care. And luckily the scent doesn't linger.

I'll use the rest of my samples to prevent chapped winter knees!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by oooHUNTRESSooo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

out of all body moisturizers i've ever tried, this one is by far the most nourishing and soothing one.
the texture is quite thick, but it spreads easily.
it doesn't really leave a film after applied, but it does take slightly longer to absorb into the skin. however, my skin is only slightly dry, nothing too serious. my elbows and knees are the biggest problem because they tend to be very dry and even start to flake as the weather gets colder. this balm easily takes care of that problem.
one more important thing: the feeling of comfort this balm leaves does not only last a few hours, but at least a whole day. the issue i used to have with other body moisturizers is that they would nourish my skin after applied, but it just wasn't lasting enough. after i woke up in the morning, it was as if i hadn't applied anything the evening before.
with this, my skin stays soft longer and elbow and knee dryness is kept at bay.
the only downside of this product is that it does stink slightly. it's not too overwhelming, but can bother me sometimes. at first, i thought that i might have bought a faulty product, but when i read the reviews here, i realized that other people feel it too. i deal with this by putting a drop or two of some scented oil into my palms and then spreading it all over my body. this tends to disguise the smell of the lipikar balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by mllemustard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best body moisturizer I have ever used. It completely saved my skin. I had very irritated and dry skin, and the Lipikar Balm is the only moisturizer that soothed my dry legs all day. It absorbs quickly (I usually only need to wait a few minutes between applying this and putting on tights or pants) and has only a minimal fragrance. It didn't interfere with any of the topical creams prescribed by my dermatologist either.

I first used it morning and night, and after a few weeks I usually only needed to use it in the morning after showering. I noticed a huge difference in my skin when I went away for a week and didn't use this (wasn't checking luggage and didn't have a travel size). As soon as I got home, I slathered this on and my skin instantly felt better.

This stuff rocks!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by MavenMel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really great moisturizer for me. I have very dry and eczema prone skin and this really helps. I had two little eczema patches starting on my shin and after 3 days they were both gone. I've been using this along with an LRP soap free body cleanser. For me it works better than Aveeno body moisturizer which just stopped being effective. I'm on my second tube and it is kind of pricey, but as long as it works I'll keep buying it. The scent is pretty much non existent and I find it absorbs well and doesn't leave me feeling sticky. Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 7:50:00 PM More reviews by moppie2005

Purchased as part of LRP's Winter Skin Solution Kit that comes with a full size lipikar body balm, the lipikar lip balm, and the lipikar hand repair cream for only $26.50, making the lip balm and the hand cream free.

This is the star performer of the kid. Very calm, moisturizing, unscented, and soothing. It has high shea butter content in it and claims to be good for even babies and children's faces. It makes my body feel very smooth. I tried some on my face too and it spread easily and didn't feel too thick at all but yet was able to keep my face from feeling dry. It didn't irritate my skin either, so it's a keeper.

As for repurchase, I would probably repurchase it if I could find a good deal on a kit like this one. Otherwise, at it's full price of $26.50, it's not too expensive but it's also not very cheap, and it's rather basic to warrant the price tag; I would probably prefer to try other "gentle" creams I haven't tried before since I like to try new things unless it's my HG.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 9:31:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I first bought this to help my son's winter-dry skin which, if it gets bad enough, turns into eczema. Lipikar Balm is one of the very best things we've used to "head off" the dryness or to treat it if it does appear (now 17, he's in charge of dealing with this so Mom can't always make sure he starts using this early enough). I started using it on my winter-dry body skin, especially my legs, and I love it too. It is pricey, though, considering we go through quite a lot of this every winter.