La Roche Posay Lipikar Balm

4.7

Aqua/Water, Butyrospermum ParkII, Shea Butter Fruit, Glycerin, Paraffinum Liquidum, Mineral Oil, Cyclopentasiloxane, Canola/canola Oil, Sucrose Tristearate, Polysorbate 61, Glycine, VP/eicosene Copolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Pentylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Sodium Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Disodium Edta, Cetyl Alcohol, Tocopherol, Myristic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol.

on 6/23/2012 6:24:00 PM

I love this stuff so much. It feels like silk on your skin and once it's absorbed it's not sticky at all and your skin is left super soft. I use it on my face mostly and it's cleared up all my dry spots. So glad I found this! My skin looks and feels so much healthier, I wouldn't be without it.
I've been using it for 4 months now and I haven't made any sort of dent in it, it's really good value for money - a little goes a long way, 2/3 pea sized amounts will do my whole face easily.
Will be buying again.

I absolutely love this product. It has been a revelation to me. It is SO good at moisturising my really dry skin. I use it everywhere including my face and my skin feels and looks great. I love it.

on 5/19/2012 6:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have been using the skin products from this brand and recommended by the consultants in store to try out this body balm. It is my favourite body balm at the moment. I have really dry, sensitive and itchy skin. It leaves my skin very moisturized even in the winter. It could be a bit oily for summer though.

The thing I love the most about this product would be its "anti-scratching" function. It does help a lot to ease the itchyness unlike products like QV.

on 4/14/2012 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

favourite and only body "lotion" I use. it is so easy to spread even though it's a balm. very soothing and moisturizing. I don't really have many problems with the skin on my body but I did get a few dry spots and little red bumps from shaving or dryness (I hated those on my butt...:-/). I use this balm daily (and I'm really lazy having to rub lotion into my skin for hours but this balm is so easy to spread) after my shower when skin is still damp and it took care of these issues. also, no breakouts on my chest anymore! tmi, sorry, but I suffer from dry, cracked skin around my nipples, not anymore with this balm. I even think that my strechmarks on my thighs look less noticable. skin is super soft and touchable since I started using this balm. I highly recommend this product also for non-itchy, "normal" skin. and a little goes a long way!
I do use palmers smoothing lotion or walmarts aha lotion about 2 x a week to exfoliate.

on 3/5/2012 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This saves my daughter's atopic skin since she was a baby - the best emolient ever. It's been our staple moisturiser for 5 years. Sinks in nicely and there's hardly anything it can't handle. HG!

on 2/10/2012 4:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This stuff is amazing! This is the only cream that can save my very dry, itchy, cracking winter skin. It is available in two sizes, a 200 (or 250?) ml squeeze tube, which is 16 Euros I believe, and a 400ml pump bottle, which retails for 24.95 Euros. I buy the bigger size, because it is excellent value and I prefer the packaging. This is a very thick cream/balm that is very moisturizing and doesn't contain any fragrance. That's basically all I can say about this cream. It moisturizers better than any other moisturizer I have ever tried (including body butters by Clinique and The Body Shop) and I am no longer tempted to try other creams in search of something better, because I don't think that such a cream exists.

on 1/21/2012 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It is good! Actually I like that it is unfragranced. It is very concentrated, so dont put on much, just a thin layer. This bodybalm, as it says, makes my dry legs so soft! It's a quality product. I got a big bottle of 400 ml w/pump at my pharmacy at $37, and it is going to last aaaaages...! I have tried to mix a drop of lavender oil in some balm if I want a smell to it. I also use some of the balm as a handcream that I keep in a little plastic container in my bag.

on 11/26/2011 3:29:00 PM

My favourite! Got dry skin? Use this! Doesn't smell nice for my liking but the formula is excellent.

on 10/31/2011 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is great if you suffer from very dry skin. You'll see major improvements within the first couple uses. I've been using up some samples of it and I'm impressed. It's a bit too pricey for me right now, but I wouldn't rule out buying it at some point in the future when I have some extra money.

Be aware though that it does take some time to fully absorb, it is a heavy balm after all. The smell is kinda odd, but you get used to it. I dunno, it smells sort of like lard to me. That sounds awful, but that's probably just me. Besides once you see the results you won't care. And luckily the scent doesn't linger.

I'll use the rest of my samples to prevent chapped winter knees!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

out of all body moisturizers i've ever tried, this one is by far the most nourishing and soothing one.
the texture is quite thick, but it spreads easily.
it doesn't really leave a film after applied, but it does take slightly longer to absorb into the skin. however, my skin is only slightly dry, nothing too serious. my elbows and knees are the biggest problem because they tend to be very dry and even start to flake as the weather gets colder. this balm easily takes care of that problem.
one more important thing: the feeling of comfort this balm leaves does not only last a few hours, but at least a whole day. the issue i used to have with other body moisturizers is that they would nourish my skin after applied, but it just wasn't lasting enough. after i woke up in the morning, it was as if i hadn't applied anything the evening before.
with this, my skin stays soft longer and elbow and knee dryness is kept at bay.
the only downside of this product is that it does stink slightly. it's not too overwhelming, but can bother me sometimes. at first, i thought that i might have bought a faulty product, but when i read the reviews here, i realized that other people feel it too. i deal with this by putting a drop or two of some scented oil into my palms and then spreading it all over my body. this tends to disguise the smell of the lipikar balm

Top Rated La Roche Posay Products