La Roche Posay Lipikar Balm

4.7

Aqua/Water, Butyrospermum ParkII, Shea Butter Fruit, Glycerin, Paraffinum Liquidum, Mineral Oil, Cyclopentasiloxane, Canola/canola Oil, Sucrose Tristearate, Polysorbate 61, Glycine, VP/eicosene Copolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Pentylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Sodium Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Disodium Edta, Cetyl Alcohol, Tocopherol, Myristic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol.

on 8/24/2012 11:35:00 AM

I use this on my face, I also like Lipikar Syndet face wash. Both are super.
This stuff sinks in well -- I sometimes mix it with my A-Derma repair cream with HA (see my review) for an extra boost.
No breakouts, no stinging when my skin is sensitive. I don't think there's a noticeable fragrance. It certainly doesn't irritate my skin and I usually start to itch and go red if I use fragranced soaps or lotions.

It's not as dry a finish as the A-Derma repair cream, but it's not greasy - just a nice combination of moisturiser and barrier. It feels great as a hand cream - no heavy residue. I don't use this regularly as a body cream (Aveeno works in a very similar way and costs less) but people who spend a lot on skincare will find the price okay.
Like with Aveeno, if you have skin (body) that gets dry and itchy, this helps, I've tried it.
I occasionally use it as an overnight face treatment cream with good results.
Excellent stuff.

on 7/5/2012 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

After reading all the reviews I had to try a sample! And yes It's AMAZING! It's actually the only body cream that my "Sahara desert body" loves! It's cheap unlike other brands and works so well on dry skin! I am on my second tube and would buy again and again and again..,

on 6/23/2012 6:24:00 PM

I love this stuff so much. It feels like silk on your skin and once it's absorbed it's not sticky at all and your skin is left super soft. I use it on my face mostly and it's cleared up all my dry spots. So glad I found this! My skin looks and feels so much healthier, I wouldn't be without it.
I've been using it for 4 months now and I haven't made any sort of dent in it, it's really good value for money - a little goes a long way, 2/3 pea sized amounts will do my whole face easily.
Will be buying again.

I absolutely love this product. It has been a revelation to me. It is SO good at moisturising my really dry skin. I use it everywhere including my face and my skin feels and looks great. I love it.

on 5/19/2012 6:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have been using the skin products from this brand and recommended by the consultants in store to try out this body balm. It is my favourite body balm at the moment. I have really dry, sensitive and itchy skin. It leaves my skin very moisturized even in the winter. It could be a bit oily for summer though.

The thing I love the most about this product would be its "anti-scratching" function. It does help a lot to ease the itchyness unlike products like QV.

on 4/14/2012 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

favourite and only body "lotion" I use. it is so easy to spread even though it's a balm. very soothing and moisturizing. I don't really have many problems with the skin on my body but I did get a few dry spots and little red bumps from shaving or dryness (I hated those on my butt...:-/). I use this balm daily (and I'm really lazy having to rub lotion into my skin for hours but this balm is so easy to spread) after my shower when skin is still damp and it took care of these issues. also, no breakouts on my chest anymore! tmi, sorry, but I suffer from dry, cracked skin around my nipples, not anymore with this balm. I even think that my strechmarks on my thighs look less noticable. skin is super soft and touchable since I started using this balm. I highly recommend this product also for non-itchy, "normal" skin. and a little goes a long way!
I do use palmers smoothing lotion or walmarts aha lotion about 2 x a week to exfoliate.

on 3/5/2012 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This saves my daughter's atopic skin since she was a baby - the best emolient ever. It's been our staple moisturiser for 5 years. Sinks in nicely and there's hardly anything it can't handle. HG!

on 2/10/2012 4:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This stuff is amazing! This is the only cream that can save my very dry, itchy, cracking winter skin. It is available in two sizes, a 200 (or 250?) ml squeeze tube, which is 16 Euros I believe, and a 400ml pump bottle, which retails for 24.95 Euros. I buy the bigger size, because it is excellent value and I prefer the packaging. This is a very thick cream/balm that is very moisturizing and doesn't contain any fragrance. That's basically all I can say about this cream. It moisturizers better than any other moisturizer I have ever tried (including body butters by Clinique and The Body Shop) and I am no longer tempted to try other creams in search of something better, because I don't think that such a cream exists.

on 1/21/2012 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It is good! Actually I like that it is unfragranced. It is very concentrated, so dont put on much, just a thin layer. This bodybalm, as it says, makes my dry legs so soft! It's a quality product. I got a big bottle of 400 ml w/pump at my pharmacy at $37, and it is going to last aaaaages...! I have tried to mix a drop of lavender oil in some balm if I want a smell to it. I also use some of the balm as a handcream that I keep in a little plastic container in my bag.

on 11/26/2011 3:29:00 PM

My favourite! Got dry skin? Use this! Doesn't smell nice for my liking but the formula is excellent.

Popular Lotions / Creams