Giovanni Nutrafix Hair Reconstructor

4.3

Not tested on animals

Aqua (purified water) with *rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) oil, *nettle (Uritica dioica) oil, *thyme (Thymus vulagris) oil, birch leaf (Butela alba) oil, *chamomile (Anthemis nobilus flower) oil, *clary (Salvia sclarea), *lavender (Lavandula angustifolia), *coltsfoot leaf (Tussilago farfara), *yarrow (Achillea millefolium) oil, *mallow (Malva sylvestris), *horsetail (Equistetum arvense) oil, *soybean protein (Glycine soja), cetyl alcohol (plant derived), stearalkonium chloride, tocopherol (vitamin E), trace minerals, citric acid (corn), sodium hydroxymethyglycinate, grapefruit seed (citrus derived). Certified organic in accordance with California Organic Foods Act of 1990.

on 10/30/2010 4:47:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I love this product. My hair is thick, straight, and tends to get dried out easily. This product is great at moisturizing and softening it so that it doesn't tangle, but without weighing it down or making it look greasy. It works both as a leave-in (letting it soak in for 10 minutes before rinsing) and as a traditional rinse-and-go conditioner. The bottle is large enough that it lasted me (with medium-length hair) about 5 months, with near-daily use. Will definitely be repurchasing.

on 8/25/2010 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Good reconstuctor to use before a deep conditioning. I do prefer the Giovanni Smooth as Silk XTREME DEEP conditioning treatment better b/c it seems to do both in one step. It has a small amount of protein and moisturizes way better than this. This I could live without even though I think that it does a great job if your hair is in need of true reconstructing. I just prefer the easier way out by using the smooth as silk xtreme b/c it is ok for daily use also. This one i would say is not to be used too often b/c of protein overload. Anyone who is dissapointed with this, try the xtreme and see what you think!

on 8/8/2009 6:21:00 AM

I just used this product for the first time and I already love it! I didn't realize how concentrated it would be, so next time I'll remember to use less. I put a towel turbin on my head and left it in for about 1/2 hr. After I rinsed, my wet hair was glistening! I'm going on vacation next week, and will be taking this along to use after being in the pool/sun. It has a nice 'salon' smell, but nothing too strong. Can't beat the price either!

on 2/25/2009 5:33:00 PM

this is not a deep conditioner or "hair reconstrutor". i left the product on my hair for about 10 minutes after shampooing, per instructions. when i rinsed my hair did not have a conditioned feel to it, and i noticed dryness when i was blowdrying and ironing and for the few days following it looked dull. i usually use rich conditioners and masks for my bleached hair, and after using this my hair looked like i had downgraded to a light conditioner for normal hair. i will finish it as a basic conditioner BEFORE i apply a mask, but this in no way lives up to its claims. will not re-buy.

Looking at the ingredient list, I thought this would be a fantastic treatment for my hair. In theory, it should be, but it just didn't work for me. The consistency is nice and thick, and it smells fresh, but that's about all it does. I use it like all my other treatments, put it on, then put a shower cap over my hair and let it sit. It doesn't do anything bad to my hair... in fact it doesn't really do anything at all. It gives me the effect of any run-of-the-mill light conditioner. That'd be fine, if that's what I was looking for.

on 12/30/2008 4:56:00 AM

A really good moisturising hair mask. The tube lasted me about seven months, and I will definitely repurchase.

on 12/17/2008 11:01:00 AM

I was excited to try this after reading all of the great reviews from here and vitacost. My fine, shoulder length, layered hair has been feeling fried lately, probably from the heat iron & also from all of the commercial garbage I had been using. Since the ingredient list sounded impressive (natural, organic and lots of essential oils), I ordered some from vitacost. The conditoner comes in a tube and smells fresh. Not like citrus and it doesn't have the essential oil scents of lavender or peppermint like a lot of natural products have, yet I can't quite pin-point what it smells like. At any rate, my first clue that I wouldn't like it was when I saw how thick and waxy the texture was. The first few times I used it I used way too much and it didn't wash out, so now I use a tiny pea sized amount, rub it through my hands and then distribute it through my hair. It works better this way, but doesn't really seem to penetrate or condition very well. Overall, I don't like it that much and would probably not buy again.

on 11/28/2008 1:12:00 PM

Eh. I was excited about this product, but with my dark, coarse, dry curly hair that tends toward brittle, I've tried TONS of this type of treatment over the years, and this was really nothing special - it's thick and creamy and rich, but if I just use Bumble and Bumble's super rich conditioner, I don't even need this. I also prefer butter treat or other products over this one. Nothing great, really.

on 11/23/2008 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This isn't moisturizing enough for my thick, wavy hair. Every time that I've used this my hair's frizzier and drier. It's not AWFUL but I'll stick to L'oreal nature's therapy

EDIT: I'm upping this to 3, as I gave it another go yesterday and it did provide my hair with moisture. I guess I prefer nature's therapy because of the silicones (aka shinier hair).

on 11/18/2008 11:11:00 AM

I really wanted to like this but it was not for me for two reasons. One, I felt it weighed down my hair too much and second, I felt that it did not provide enough moisture even after leaving on for 10 minutes. I actually get better results from drug store deep conditioning treatments.

Top Rated Giovanni Products