August 22, 2014 | 1757 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - FRUCTIS Sleek and Shine - Leave-in Conditioning Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Yogigirl6187

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I started using this many years ago due to the recommendation of my hair stylist, and this is coming from a high end salon where she could have recommended any pricey product sold there. I love this stuff and have continually repurchased, although a bottle lasts forever and it's so cheap. I thought I needed something more so I've tried high end products, but always wound up going back to this because I find this to be best for my long, medium thickness, dry hair. Plus, it smells amazing. I've even used this to scrunch my hair to make my curls more defined and less frizzy for when I'm too lazy to blow out my hair. Works better than any other curl product I've tried.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2014 2:11:00 AM More reviews by chachamusicgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

To be honest, I don't really like this. It builds up on the hair quite quickly and causes the hair to feel dry and gross. I'm African American with 3C (curly kinky) hair that I only shampoo and condition (Bumble & Bumble Seaweed Shampoo and Herbal Essences The Sleeker The Butter Conditioner) every three days. I use this leave in along with the Aussie Hair Insurance Leave in Conditioner daily. By the second or third day, my hair feels pretty heavy and gross from this. The smell is okay. It's not bad but it's not to die for. I would only use this in a pinch if I couldn't find something else to use. This product is cheap so it is tempting for me to keep on using it even though it only gives mediocre results. A little bit goes a long way. If you use too much, it will either make your hair greasy and cause build up eventually making your hair dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by SM824star

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am very impressed with this product so far! I founf it while skimming through the hair care aisle in the drugstore, and at $4.19, i decided i would try it out for my extremely dull and dry and staticy winter hair. First off, i would give this 5 stars if it were not for the packaging. It has an awkward bottle cap that pulls up and a little hole where the product comes out. I think a tub would make more sense for the product, but thats just me. Also i had to squeeze the bottle really hard to get it out, so I am not a bug fan of the packagin, but then again I pretty much hate all the packaging on Garnier products... I apply this after i get out of the shower before i have combed it out, and then i apply after and BAM! I wake up with soft silky hair that feels lightweight, but not thin and limp, it adds an incredible amount of shine to your hair and it makes your hair color look SO RICH, no matter what your hair color is. I onyl appy to the bottom 2/3 of my hair and it is a miracle worker. If you have dry,staticy, dull, tangled, or frizzy hair, you should definitly pick this up.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 3:40:00 AM More reviews by bubbybae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I probably won't ever run out of this. i only need a little. smells so good. was about $5 at cvs. makes blowdrying a breeze and my hair so smooth. i put it on wet hair. Work it in comb it in then blowdry.... haven't used it since oct tho since i cut my hair. ill start using it again because it recently grew back.
wee.... id buy it (:

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by maybom

I bought this for the first time because my stylist had recommended a leave in treatment for my long, medium/fine, color-treated hair but I didn't want to spend a lot. It was a good price - I think under $5 Cdn at the Superstore - and there's a lot of product for the price; I'm still using the same bottle purchased over 6 months ago and now about halfway thru. It's surprisingly lightweight and doesn't drag my hair down. I only apply it down the length of my hair, not the roots.

I wash, blow dry and use a curling iron every day and use this stuff every day. I've recently starting mix it with 2 pumps of the L'Oreal Precious Oils Color Radiance - again, under $5 Cdn at the Superstore - and my hair is soft, shiny, bouncin' and behavin'! (I watch too much tv) Even before I started this hair cocktail, the Fructis stuff was great on its own.

Would def repurchase and fingers crossed the price will be as good next time :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by DeusExMchna

I'm on my second bottle of this so I feel I can safely give a review of this product.

It smooths my hair. I have a lot of little frizzy hairs that are all over the place and are very unappealing to me. I use just a little (that's the key!) and rub it between my palms. Then I LIGHTLY ghost it over my roots but the bulk of it hits the middle/end of my hair. I smooth it over the strands and then comb through a few times and my hair looks great.
I personally have to be careful with it around my roots because then it looks oily, but everywhere else on my hair it's fine.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Waaterlilly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have wavy/curly hair. Also i swim almost all year round so my hair gets VERY dry and brittle. I started using this and i think it is wonderful without a doubt! I can scrunch it in my hair and it makes my hair feel soft and healthier. The only thing is you can't use too much. Only a dime size amount is needed for medium thick hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by auricblaze4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very long, straight, thin hair (my hair strands are thick but I just have few of them). I bought this because I have been having issues with frizz from what I presume is dry hair. I applied it to damp hair (on the ends and just a bit on the top of my head) and let it air dry at night, and it did smooth my hair and soften it. However, as the next day went on my hair became very heavy and TOO soft. I couldn't even braid my hair (my style of choice!) without it slipping out. It also became very flat and greasy looking.

I think this would be better for those with thicker hair. It did the job of smoothing out frizz but in the end it just made my hair very flat and too slick to style.

I bought it for $3 at Wal-Mart so at least I don't feel like I wasted too much money. I think I'll pass it on to my mom or boyfriend, who both have very thick curly hair.

Edit--I bumped this up 2 stars after I realized using significantly less was SO much better! I use this even if I've used regular conditioner! Just a pea sized amount since I have a pretty small amount of hair. Love it now! My hair is not frizzy and is nice and tame without being flat. Portion control! ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by shellstah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm currently at the end of my second bottle and moving on to my third bottle. This works well with my hair. I squeeze out about 1-2 pea size amount and start applying it a little bit above my ears. I find that its best to use less if you use a straightener or curler because it gives off a weird smell if you have applied too much and using a heat tool. You just have to play around with the amount I suppose. I usually get this for about $3.99 at SDM which I think is a great price to pay.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by MeghanJoAnna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have a love/hate relationship with this leave-in conditioner. One day I love it and the next day I can't believe I would put it on my hair again! I have long, straight, fine hair so I need a great leave-in, especially near my roots. If applied while wet and then blow dried, it actually takes longer to dry and makes my hair feel thicker. Absolutely love that! On other days, it seems to make my hair sticky and very tangled. I'm not sure if it is the weather or too much product build up. I use a clarifying shampoo at least once a week to get all products out of my hair so that could be it. Having fine hair does make product build up a lot easier. When I apply this leave-in to dry hair, I only apply it to my ends.
When it comes to packing, I love it! Very simple to use, doesn't become clogged, and easy to control how much product comes out. The amount of leave-in you get for the price (around $4) isn't bad at all.
Overall, I would recommend this product because it does help tremendously some days. Definitely wouldn't call it my HG. Still looking for a better leave-in.