September 16, 2014 | 2009 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Avene - Cicalfate Creme Restauratrice

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2013 6:37:00 AM More reviews by hautevita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

on the face review: can only use for 2 days max on the face. i got a pimple right near my eyebrow/forehead after the first night, then 2nd night, got 2 more + clogged up looking pores. I do layer it generously, so perhaps this is why im clogging up and breaking out, however this is great for open wounds (post acne) and speeding up dry red raised bumps AND good on my eczema neck. def a life savor, will always have in my medicine cabinet and will buy a smaller tube for travels in case an eczema flare up begins.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 4:34:00 AM More reviews by Kakibot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I feel like I have grown out of my slightly oily skin into having a combination-dry skin and for some time this has been a bit stressful as all of my skincare stables weren't ready for this change. I knew that simply switching to heavier creams wouldn't help because in my mid-twenties I am STILL having stubborn mild acne with the occasional cystic one and I felt like these would just clog me up and break me out.

I randomly noticed a friend recommending it online and after reading what it's like - quite heavy hydration with anti-bacterial properties - I just had to order one for myself straight away. And I LOVE IT!

I have already used it both at night and during the day and I liked the feel of both ways. My makeup tends to give me dry patches over the day but using Cicalfate as a base for my liquid foundation works really well. I wouldn't do it with a 'dewier' finish foundation though (mine is MAC studio fix, so usually a matt finish for oilier skin types).

When used at night, I get up with a healthy (or at least healthier) looking skin and I believe it's helping me with my acne scars and morning redness, too.

In most cases it also saved my butt when I couldn't help myself and had to poke at one of my whiteheads or something nastier and deeper - usually this would mean I'd have to struggle with a huge red spot on my face for several days and it would grow into a whitehead again, but with Cicalfate there is a great chance this won't happen and the mean zit will just start healing straight away.

I recommend this to everyone who's past the miraculous fast healing of the early teenage years and still have to deal with acne while needing a good deal of moisture.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by FelisCatus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had a horrible rash on my leg a month ago,so I went to dermatologist and she recommended this.I was impressed with the results.I highly recommended it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by sevillachica89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have the most stubborn, sensitive, dry, acne-prone skin one can imagine. At 24 I had almost given up on ever having nice, smooth skin. One day at the farmacia in Spain, they recommended this to me after I had an awful reaction to an Olay cleanser that left my face looking like road rash. Within one day my skin felt less irritated, and within a week my spots were healed up and smoothed over. 2 weeks, and almost no redness or scarring left on my face. I use this now every night as a moisturizer and wake up every day to soft, supple, beautiful skin. I can't believe it! I honestly NEVER thought that was possible for me. It also helps clear up the random pimple or two around my periods because the zinc and copper in the ingredients have natural antibiotic properties that clear up infections faster and more naturally than the ones the derm. gives you - a huge plus for people with dry skin that have huge problems with the creams the dermatologist gives for acne. I thank my lucky stars every day for this cream!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by funnyblossom

This for me is the ideal heavy moisturizer - I have tried Bobbi Brown Balm (too expensive, difficult to spread and with a mediocre formula) and a few others. I love the way Cicalfate melts into my skin, making it look plump and feeling great under makeup if you give it 10 mins to sink in. It helps calm my skin too. I also like Avene Trixera cream for the body, but for my face Cicalfate is perfect. Excellent for cuticles, and other rough areas which may need a calming agent. In New Zeland it is expensive but I just got 04 tubes on Escentual.com - with shipping to NZ each tube came out at nearly 15.00NZdollars (july 2013).
Update Sep 2013: I tried a bit of By Terry Nectar Opulent under one eye and cicalfate under the other... Cicalfate plumped up the area so much better! I love this

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by bubbelytoes

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I originally purchased this cream to help with some perioral dermatitis I had developed. I had all but given up on it ever healing up. I researched and decided to give the Avene Cicalfate cream a try. I love Avene products. This one is no exception. Not only did it clear up my perioral dermatitis, it has also cleared a stubborn diaper rash, random eczema spots, and the occasional hive that may pop up. A little of this product goes a long way. I've only used tiny dabs on whatever I was putting it on. It is thick, so it has to be rubbed in some, but it's not heavy, thanks to the thermal spring water that's in it. The cream is very soothing. I had hoped to be able to use it as a moisturizer, but it just isn't made for that, in my opinion. But for the bumps, rashes, and cuts that happen in life, it can't be beat. I keep tubes on-hand at work and at home.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Annas2

This is an excellent healing cream! Two nights ago I ripped a small bit of my skin off on my face, while picking too much on a pimple. It was very sensitive and stung when I washed my face with cleanser. I thought it would take a while to heal, but after putting this cream on overnight, I could see a huge improvement and now day two, the skin is still repairing but it is no longer overly sensitive to cleansers and I can put make up on without dry flaky skin around the wound. I was really surprised how quickly this healed and I know this is due to the cream. So glad I bought this product and it is not as expensive as the other Avene products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by amtn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Had this review been written 5 months ago, I would have said it was a waste of money and pointless cream that failed to soothe my eczema. Plus it contained mineral oil which is an ingred, I detest! But, oh well we're here... and it's sunshine and rainbows with this product.

I use this on blisters on my feet! I pop the blisters (drain the water) and then apply a thick layer of Cicalfate then put a bandaid on top. The next morning, the itching will have stopped and the size of the blister will have decreased by half. I do this for another 3-4 nights and my blister is towards its final stages of healing (skin is dried up, not inflamed or itchy). This process would otherwise take a week and a half or more. I wouldn't be able to live without this! I am a ballet dancer and perform at shows also. I am constantly in heels. My feet is in a horrible state but due to this cream, it is healing my feet wonderfully AND moisturising it at the same time.

Another wonderful use for this product? I had a mole removed on my neck and face. I had stitches and terrible scarring. It took about 3 months to heal completely with the use of cold pressed coconut oil, avocado oil, massaged 3 times a day. AND EVEN then, it was getting an ugly hypertrophic scar! I used this for a week straight along with Cica-care silicone sheets and my scar is now completely FLAT. Does not hurt when pressed against. No longer pink. It is silvery in colour - done healing. This is amazing considering, Asians are prone to hypertrophic scarring.

Sometimes I use this as a moisturiser on my skin. I put an extremely thin layer if I feel my skin is extremely dehydrated. I wake up with soft skin. I only use this as a rare treatment though.

Overall, I would buy this product again. It is cheap in Australia for around $12 and a little goes a long way.

Cuts, grazes, paper cuts and itchy necks! I slather this baby on.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by laapointe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently noticed a dry patch on my cheek but nothing major I should worry about. A few days later, the patch got drier, itchy, red and it burns like crazy. Hello again, eczema.. If you already had this kind of issue on your face, you probably know it's impossible to cover.. Makeup over eczema patch looks terrible, even if I applied a very rich moisturizer on the affected area. So I was stuck with a uncoverable red area on my face for a few days. I don't like to wear concealer on my face during the summer except for the under-eye which so I wanted to get rid of this patch fast. I know cortisone can heal eczema but I also heard that it make the skin thinner and I experienced skin whitening after using cortisone cream on my face. I went to the drugstore and the lady gave me a sample of Cicalfate. It took 4 days and my patch was almost gone. It's still a little bit red but it's coverable with a dot of a light bb cream, the area is smooth again and I keep on wearing it to help my cheek to heal completely. YAY for avene!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Snosand

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have tried tons of options from Euricen to prescriptions. Nothing has worked and most make my rosacea worse. If finally dropped the money for Avene.. After reading tons of reviews and looking at the ingredients I went the Cicalfate creme.

This really helps keep everything with my rosacea under control. It is really thick but it does not increase my extremely oily skin. The only downfall is it does not fully control the dryness. However, I have tried other products in the Avene line and nothing else has worked to help keep my nose normal.

I use this daily with the extremely gentle cleanser then I spray my face with the Avene thermal spray and apply Cicalfate Restorative Skin Cream while my skin is still wet.

Full name of the product: Cicalfate Restorative Skin Cream