February 28, 2015 | 1938 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Avene - Cicalfate Creme Restauratrice

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by kaicg

I suddenly began developing eczema on my face for the first time in my life. It was especially terrible on my eyelids. I tried many different creams but they all burned something terrible and moisturized for all of 5 minutes. I haven't been able to wear makeup for over a week. I didn't want to use cortisone or steroid creams that are generally used for eczema since long term thins the skin, and the eyelids are already so delicate.

I decided to give the Avene cicalfate a try since I had gotten a sample a little while ago. It worked so amazingly! First of all, no pain! While applying it, parts of the dry scaly skin (that has been plaguing me) came off. And through the course of the day the area remained hydrated, and the skin was smoothed. I'm so relieved and thankful to have tried this product.

A warning that it is a very thick product, so use sparingly. If you have very oily acne prone skin I would recommend having a look at La Roche Posay's Cicaplast Baume as well, same idea but a little lighter. Hope this helps! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I think this cream is useful only in a limited range of circumstances. One use that I found particularly helpful was to use this product after laser treatments. This did a good job of moisturizing and soothing. I would not otherwise use this product because I do not think that it would properly care for my skin.

Here are the qualms I have with this product:
First of all, the mineral oil in this product would cause many people to break out. I also think the product is overpriced for the mineral oil content that it displays. Oily-skinned and acne-prone people beware, mineral oil is not your friend. Secondly, if you order this product in the winter, it separates and wastes product when you try to squeeze it out of the tube. All of the water goes around the outside and the "cream" portion floats in the middle. Really annoying and a waste of money, considering the expense of this product.

I would ONLY repurchase this product if I were getting laser treatments done again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 2:05:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Slightly thick but nowhere near as thick as nappy/diaper cream, it mixes fairly well with my other creams which enables me to apply it all over the face. Great for healing sore, grazed or spotty skin, especially overnight, but be careful when using it on consecutive days in the same areas as it can clog pores and can also be quite drying. It's not expensive in the UK - around 7 quid for 40ml. The main active ingredients are zinc and copper. For one-off spots I prefer to use essential oils and salicylic acid-based products (and always SA in my morning routine) and EA 8-hour cream is still my favourite for sore or chapped skin, but as an overnight treatment for generally spotty or damaged skin this is ideal.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by chriquen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've known for a while now that my skin really likes zinc oxide products (as well as zinc taken as a supplement). It's effective in calming active acne and redness. But I was hesitant to try this product since its a bit on the pricey side for me. I'm so glad I finally did. My skin feels so calm and happy when I put this on, and it's a lot more cosmetically elegant than the zinc based diaper rash creams I've used (duh).
My skin is combo/oily, so using this as a moisturizer is sufficient for me even in winter. For drier skins, i think a separate moisturizing product would be necessary.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by jcohenra

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After trying almost everything out there for my highly allergic, super sensitive post menopausal skin, this is totally the bomb. This is the closest thing to a miracle as far as I'm concerned. It does everything it promises to do and more. At this point, this product and one other one that Avene produces are the only creams I can put on my face and have it not react with rashes, splotches, etc. Go for it. Unless you are some kind of a freak, you will not be disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by ero2t

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to like this. A thick, very emollient reparative cream that was not fragranced or made of nasties? Sounds good right? But in reality, no, it just does not work. It neither added moisture or did much of anything to my dry sore skin. It just did nothing. Nada. You'd be better off with: Nivea creme, Aquaphor, Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream. Any of those will glue back together your skin better than this did. Don't waste your money.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2013 6:37:00 AM More reviews by hautevita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

on the face review: can only use for 2 days max on the face. i got a pimple right near my eyebrow/forehead after the first night, then 2nd night, got 2 more + clogged up looking pores. I do layer it generously, so perhaps this is why im clogging up and breaking out, however this is great for open wounds (post acne) and speeding up dry red raised bumps AND good on my eczema neck. def a life savor, will always have in my medicine cabinet and will buy a smaller tube for travels in case an eczema flare up begins.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 4:34:00 AM More reviews by Kakibot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I feel like I have grown out of my slightly oily skin into having a combination-dry skin and for some time this has been a bit stressful as all of my skincare stables weren't ready for this change. I knew that simply switching to heavier creams wouldn't help because in my mid-twenties I am STILL having stubborn mild acne with the occasional cystic one and I felt like these would just clog me up and break me out.

I randomly noticed a friend recommending it online and after reading what it's like - quite heavy hydration with anti-bacterial properties - I just had to order one for myself straight away. And I LOVE IT!

I have already used it both at night and during the day and I liked the feel of both ways. My makeup tends to give me dry patches over the day but using Cicalfate as a base for my liquid foundation works really well. I wouldn't do it with a 'dewier' finish foundation though (mine is MAC studio fix, so usually a matt finish for oilier skin types).

When used at night, I get up with a healthy (or at least healthier) looking skin and I believe it's helping me with my acne scars and morning redness, too.

In most cases it also saved my butt when I couldn't help myself and had to poke at one of my whiteheads or something nastier and deeper - usually this would mean I'd have to struggle with a huge red spot on my face for several days and it would grow into a whitehead again, but with Cicalfate there is a great chance this won't happen and the mean zit will just start healing straight away.

I recommend this to everyone who's past the miraculous fast healing of the early teenage years and still have to deal with acne while needing a good deal of moisture.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by FelisCatus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had a horrible rash on my leg a month ago,so I went to dermatologist and she recommended this.I was impressed with the results.I highly recommended it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by sevillachica89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have the most stubborn, sensitive, dry, acne-prone skin one can imagine. At 24 I had almost given up on ever having nice, smooth skin. One day at the farmacia in Spain, they recommended this to me after I had an awful reaction to an Olay cleanser that left my face looking like road rash. Within one day my skin felt less irritated, and within a week my spots were healed up and smoothed over. 2 weeks, and almost no redness or scarring left on my face. I use this now every night as a moisturizer and wake up every day to soft, supple, beautiful skin. I can't believe it! I honestly NEVER thought that was possible for me. It also helps clear up the random pimple or two around my periods because the zinc and copper in the ingredients have natural antibiotic properties that clear up infections faster and more naturally than the ones the derm. gives you - a huge plus for people with dry skin that have huge problems with the creams the dermatologist gives for acne. I thank my lucky stars every day for this cream!!