April 18, 2014 | 1795 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Avene - Cicalfate Creme restauratrice

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by bubbelytoes

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I originally purchased this cream to help with some perioral dermatitis I had developed. I had all but given up on it ever healing up. I researched and decided to give the Avene Cicalfate cream a try. I love Avene products. This one is no exception. Not only did it clear up my perioral dermatitis, it has also cleared a stubborn diaper rash, random eczema spots, and the occasional hive that may pop up. A little of this product goes a long way. I've only used tiny dabs on whatever I was putting it on. It is thick, so it has to be rubbed in some, but it's not heavy, thanks to the thermal spring water that's in it. The cream is very soothing. I had hoped to be able to use it as a moisturizer, but it just isn't made for that, in my opinion. But for the bumps, rashes, and cuts that happen in life, it can't be beat. I keep tubes on-hand at work and at home.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Annas2

This is an excellent healing cream! Two nights ago I ripped a small bit of my skin off on my face, while picking too much on a pimple. It was very sensitive and stung when I washed my face with cleanser. I thought it would take a while to heal, but after putting this cream on overnight, I could see a huge improvement and now day two, the skin is still repairing but it is no longer overly sensitive to cleansers and I can put make up on without dry flaky skin around the wound. I was really surprised how quickly this healed and I know this is due to the cream. So glad I bought this product and it is not as expensive as the other Avene products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by amtn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Had this review been written 5 months ago, I would have said it was a waste of money and pointless cream that failed to soothe my eczema. Plus it contained mineral oil which is an ingred, I detest! But, oh well we're here... and it's sunshine and rainbows with this product.

I use this on blisters on my feet! I pop the blisters (drain the water) and then apply a thick layer of Cicalfate then put a bandaid on top. The next morning, the itching will have stopped and the size of the blister will have decreased by half. I do this for another 3-4 nights and my blister is towards its final stages of healing (skin is dried up, not inflamed or itchy). This process would otherwise take a week and a half or more. I wouldn't be able to live without this! I am a ballet dancer and perform at shows also. I am constantly in heels. My feet is in a horrible state but due to this cream, it is healing my feet wonderfully AND moisturising it at the same time.

Another wonderful use for this product? I had a mole removed on my neck and face. I had stitches and terrible scarring. It took about 3 months to heal completely with the use of cold pressed coconut oil, avocado oil, massaged 3 times a day. AND EVEN then, it was getting an ugly hypertrophic scar! I used this for a week straight along with Cica-care silicone sheets and my scar is now completely FLAT. Does not hurt when pressed against. No longer pink. It is silvery in colour - done healing. This is amazing considering, Asians are prone to hypertrophic scarring.

Sometimes I use this as a moisturiser on my skin. I put an extremely thin layer if I feel my skin is extremely dehydrated. I wake up with soft skin. I only use this as a rare treatment though.

Overall, I would buy this product again. It is cheap in Australia for around $12 and a little goes a long way.

Cuts, grazes, paper cuts and itchy necks! I slather this baby on.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by laapointe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently noticed a dry patch on my cheek but nothing major I should worry about. A few days later, the patch got drier, itchy, red and it burns like crazy. Hello again, eczema.. If you already had this kind of issue on your face, you probably know it's impossible to cover.. Makeup over eczema patch looks terrible, even if I applied a very rich moisturizer on the affected area. So I was stuck with a uncoverable red area on my face for a few days. I don't like to wear concealer on my face during the summer except for the under-eye which so I wanted to get rid of this patch fast. I know cortisone can heal eczema but I also heard that it make the skin thinner and I experienced skin whitening after using cortisone cream on my face. I went to the drugstore and the lady gave me a sample of Cicalfate. It took 4 days and my patch was almost gone. It's still a little bit red but it's coverable with a dot of a light bb cream, the area is smooth again and I keep on wearing it to help my cheek to heal completely. YAY for avene!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Snosand

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have tried tons of options from Euricen to prescriptions. Nothing has worked and most make my rosacea worse. If finally dropped the money for Avene.. After reading tons of reviews and looking at the ingredients I went the Cicalfate creme.

This really helps keep everything with my rosacea under control. It is really thick but it does not increase my extremely oily skin. The only downfall is it does not fully control the dryness. However, I have tried other products in the Avene line and nothing else has worked to help keep my nose normal.

I use this daily with the extremely gentle cleanser then I spray my face with the Avene thermal spray and apply Cicalfate Restorative Skin Cream while my skin is still wet.

Full name of the product: Cicalfate Restorative Skin Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by thevnilly

I originally purchased Cicalfate after a glycolic peel mishap last year. I had stupidly attacked a spot with Duac the night before a peel, forgot to tell my nurse, & ended up with a burn. This didn't help with that situation, but it was pretty bad and required Rx hydrocortisone to heal. But I kept the Cicalfate around, as I'd heard great things about it.

Lately I've developed 2 odd, red bumps in-line with each other right on my cheekbone, under my eye. To sum it up, it hasn't been pretty, nothing has gotten rid of them, & they've been there for about 2 weeks. They've slowly started to shrink down with time, but last night I decided to rub Cicalfate on them. The area around the bumps has been irritated, due to my many tries to eradicate these little devils. This morning I woke up to more even-toned skin and the bumps seem slightly smaller and definitely less angry. I'm gonna keep up with the Cicalfate and hope they continue to heal without further breaking me out.

If you have sensitive, easily irritated skin give this stuff a shot. I especially like it after plucking my brows to relieve the red skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

This cream works great on wounds and cuts but when i try to use it on my face it's extremely drying.........even when i put very little on spots , the next day those areas will be very dry which makes it very hard to cover.....

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by cuschlamochree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

About a year ago I developed a dry, red, flaky patch around the left corner of my mouth that didn't clear up for months. To this date I'm not sure what caused it, but I'm suspecting it was either an allergic reaction to Dermalogica's Multivitamin Recovery Masque, or a beard rash. I felt like I'd tried everything when I came across this product. I can't remember what made me buy it but I did and was amazed by the result - my dry patch cleared up within days!

Since then it's been standing in my bathroom shelf until recently when the unusually cold winter led me to look for something to replace my usual almond oil as night moisturizer. So far I'm happy with the results. This cream is very heavy and while my face is quite greasy when going to bed I always wake up with supple skin that's even in tone. It seems that the dehydration lines I have around my eyes have decreased a little as well. I highly recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Schmoopsy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been smoking too much hash and it makes my eyes really puffy all the time, especially when I wake up. I drink a lot of water, eat healthy food and run 45 minutes a day, tried tea bags, ice packs, cucumber slices, but it didn't get rid of the puffiness. I had a tube of cicalfate that I had never used before and I decided to try it under my eyes. The puffiness is definitely reduced after about a half hour and a spot that I scratched is less red. I think it does what it's supposed to do. I'm careful not to get it too close to my eyes. I think if I get any of it in my eyes, I'll be right back where I started.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by katsubrtova

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This actually SAVED my skin...I've been using since I was 15 to heal pimples, cuts, scratches and more less every terrible mess on my face I made (all apologies to my skin for suffering that much, now I'm more careful :) and to fade my acne scars. And I tell that it's awesome. It doesn't make wonders, so do not expect a scar to heal within a week, but it's miracle when being compared to other healing treatments.
It has a healing power of a well made pharmacy ointment, but it's not greasy, which means that it kill the bacteria without breaking you out and calm the inflammation (stops that stupid transparent/yellowish liquid pouring out of your inflammated pimple.
Well In highly recommend it to acne-rpone girsl as a healing product!
And one a little bit silly thing to add: I like the fact that it's white - when you're not wearing make-up for example while being at home and you put this on spot, it covers it quite...for me it means that I feel less ugly passing the mirror :D