November 23, 2014 | 1987 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Vaseline - Vaseline - Pure Petroleum Jelly

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by lilblacksky

-This is a review for Vaseline as an eye makeup remover.-
Vaseline for eye makeup remover?! I couldn't believe it. I spend a lot of money on eye makeup remover each month since I put on a lot of eye makeup (dark smokey eyes daily, thick gel liners, waterproof mascaras...) Believe me, the $$ adds up REALLY quickly... Muaers have often led me to cheap at home alts that work better than stuff you buy at the store, so I had high hopes for Vaseline as makeup remover. I got out my little huge tub of vaseline and started dabbing some on my eyes... I was horrified. Yes, it "removes" makeup in the sense that it will absorb the pigments and detach them from your eyelids... BUT... the now horrendously muddy black mix of vaseline and your eye makeup will NOT get off your eyes! I tried using dry cotton pads, wet cotton pads, cotton balls, water, etc. and in the end I had to use my regular eye makeup remover to remove the vaseline from my eyes. I ended up using twice the amount of eye makeup remover I usually use, just to remove the horrible black oily sticky mess around my eyes. I tried using vaseline as an eye makeup remover a few more times after that just hoping that it was somehow user error and that soon I'd find a magically cheap alternative to store makeup removers... NO. Every time no matter what I try differently, Vaseline on my eyes just makes a huge, gunky, sticky, oily muddy black mess that gets everywhere (including IN MY EYES! think a grey film over your whites .. very reminiscent of horror movies)
It might work for you if you use very little eye makeup. But I will stick to my regular eye makeup remover.
I put 'would buy again' because I still love Vaseline, esp for chapped lips :)

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by BigBlueEyes32

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use Vaseline for EVERYTHING! I use at night to take off makeup, use it around my eyes to prevent wrinkles, on my lips, on my dry skin, to condition my eyelashes and to help my eyebrows grow out thicker when I get too tweezer happy. I even use Vaseline to wash my face. It sounds gross, but I smear a thin coat on my face in the morning and at night and just rub it in. Then wash it off with a warm, wet washcloth. My skin is clean, clear and glows because of it. I never break out when I use this and I look like I'm about 20 (I'm 32). Will always buy this!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by windowbird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using Vaseline as an eye makeup remover for many years. It is simply the best and cheapest eye makeup remover out there. I buy the Equate version in the tube at Walmart (in the baby section) for less than two dollars. I also use it for a variety of other things: hand/body/lip treatment, facial moisturizer when I am very dry, night time moisturizing eye treatment, cold cream when I am wearing heavy makeup, cuticle cream, the list goes on.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by evbutler

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using Vaseline as an eye makeup remover for nearly 30 years. It's cheap, takes all the makeup off, and is comfortable and not drying to my eye area. Anything else I've tried has been drying and irritating.

Low and behold, I visited the eye doctor yesterday and one of my complaints is dry, itchy eyes. She looks into my eyes and said she saw a lot of debris "floating" around in there (ewww) and asked me specificially what I used to take my eye makeup off with. She said emphatically NOT to use vaseline to remove makeup and pretty much echoed what is said on this website (see link) and that it can cause dry itchy eyes and is not good for the tear glands. She recommended Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo (weird, huh?)

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 8:12:00 PM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm the girl you judge for wearing a shit ton of eye makeup. Yeah, I go overboard with my makeup, I really do. I love to go crazy. And you would think that taking so much makeup off seems like it would be a huge hassle, but not with Vaseline.

Just put a little bit on your lids, take your time to grab some tissues or cotton pads, and swipe off. It'll take some work to get into the nooks and crannies of course, and if you're wearing quite a bit, you might have to apply it more than once, but it really does get the job done better than everything else.

I've tried tons of products to get my makeup off and my mom expressed surprise at my modest collection of makeup remover. She was alarmed because she wasn't even aware that such a thing existed - she just casually mentioned that "women her age" use Vaseline to get makeup off. I kinda wrote her off at first since she's a frugal lady, but wow! It's so funny how the cheapest, most basic things work the best sometimes. And it leaves your lids and lashes so soft and moisturized afterwards!

Why are you reading this review?! If you don't have Vaseline in your house already, what is wrong with you? It's a great eye makeup remover. You can use it to moisturize your lips, your hands, your cuticles, your elbows, your knees, or your feet. It does wonders for severe dryness. It's a miracle product! Use it! It's amazing and cheap!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2011 7:16:00 AM More reviews by ErzeLisse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using vaseline for a long time and seriously, it's the shiz! It's so cheap and there are so many purposes for it, I can use it for my eyelashes to condition them, my lips when they're dry, dry patches on my bodies and so much more!
The only problem I have with this product is the packaging, you have to dip your dirty fingers in the jar to use which is incredibly unhygienic, I wish that there was a pump but considering the consistency of the product, I guess that wouldn't be a logical idea. I like to use a Q-Tip/cotton swab to scoop out a bit then, I'll spread it on my clean finger and apply it to wherever I need it.
Just don't use it on your face - it has mineral oil which can cause acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2011 12:34:00 AM More reviews by princessleahkim

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

HOW TO USE VASELINE TO REMOVE WATERPROOF MASCARA

So being a teenager, I don't have a lot to spend on makeup, especially if its something to remove it.

I didn't have makeup remover, and my mom bought me waterproof mascara.

I tried olive oil. IT TOOK ME FOREVER (well, you know what I mean) to get all the mascara off. And if blurred my vision. Not cool.

THE BEST WAY TO USE THIS IS TO COAT YOUR LASHES WITH THIS PRODUCT

Seriously. I tried it alone before, and swiped it with a cotton pad and it didn't work.

Then a few days later, I tried it again, but this time I coated the hell out of my lashes (with waterproof mascara underneath of course) and left it there for about 10 minutes or so.

Afterwards, I wet a cotton pad, then slowly wiggled it through my lashes.

IT WORKED!

Of course it doesn't work as quickly compared to using an eye makeup remover, but it does the trick if you don't want to spend on a bottle every month.

While its soaking, walk around, do stuff. The key is letting it soak onto your lashes and loosen the waterproof mascara.

Its so effective too!

This does wonders for removing eyeshadows as well. Just be mindful that it does leave a thin layer of residue, but it shouldn't be a big deal if you wash your face afterwards anyways.

Super cheap! And a jar will last you for a looooooong time.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 12:57:00 AM More reviews by dezyttt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh my freaking god! I never in a million years would have thought to try using vaseline to remove eye makeup, if it wasn't for MUA. After reading the raves, I still wasn't totally convinced this would work, because I assumed that the users raving about this product used cheap and easy to remove eye makeup. I mean, if they are too cheap to buy high end makeup remover, then they probably don't buy high end long lasting eye makeup. Given that I use Bobbie Brown's long-wear gel eyeliner, which is easily among the top five eyeliners out there, I didn't think vaseline would stand a chance. However, since I knew that I already owned some vaseline, I decided to give it a try. Boy, was I ever wrong! This is actually the best eye makeup remover I have ever used.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by LilyKatherine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is so great because it can be used for so many different things and it's really cheap! But do not use this as a makeup remover, it does work but the vaseline always gets in your eyes and then your vision gets blurry.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 10:39:00 AM More reviews by nolamama10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is the best and cheapest eye makeup remover!! i have dry skin and my eye lids do get dry when i take my makeup off with other removers, but this gets it off the best, quickest, and leaves my lids moisturized. wonderful!