Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara

2.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/23/2014 5:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This stuff really does make my eyes pop. It makes my lashes thicker and lengthier without being too gluggy, plus it works really well on its own or as a second mascara. I don't know why this product got such an average rating, it's definitely better than most mascaras out there!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not the most volumizing I've tried, but it's alright. Makes my lashes look nice, but the staying power is awful. The applicator is HUGE, a little too big for me, though I like how soft it is, it lets me apply just the right amount. A big disappointment considering how much I adore the Supercurl mascara.

on 1/28/2014 5:22:00 AM

OH MY GAWD!!!! I used this for the first time today and guess what? I went to the doctor, the store, the little hamburger joint and then home and as I was driving in the driveway of my home I happened to look in the mirror....YIKES!!! There were HUGE black lines across my face! WTF OVER?!?!?!? Seriously? I walked around for hours with this crap all over my face. Now I know why people were having a hard time looking my way. Geez, you would think someone would be kind enough to say "hey hun, you look like you just got your ass beat in the ring" But noooooo, I just managed to look stupid all freakin' day. Thanks a bunch Urban Decay! I love your eye shadows but will NEVER wear your mascaras again. And in the trash that went! If I could give it a big fatty ZERO lippies, I would! Ugh

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Looked great until 3 hrs. later when I had mascara flakes all over my under eye area. Would definitely not recommend.

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

This is my all-time favorite mascara. I like this even better than DiorShow - which is saying ALOT!!! It's the blackest black and doesn't smudge or run until I'm ready to remove it. But it comes off easily with just a little dab of remover. (I use Argan or Apricot oil) It makes my lashes so dark and lush it almost looks like I'm wearing falsies! And it makes a smoky eye really *pop*. Granted, it's not the cheapest mascara on the market. But sometimes you really do get what you pay for and this is one of those times. Big Fatty Mascara is absolutely everything you could want in a waterproof black mascara. I also love the brush which is the perfect length - not too short and not so long that it's a hassle to apply. And the brush is super fat, giving you amazing coverage with just a few swipes.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This product does not add volume and barely lengthens. Too clumpy for me. Not worth the buy... Tons of cheaper ones that work wayyyyy better than this.

on 12/18/2013 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Me/ What I'm looking for/ How I use the product:
I have light coloured lashes that are both sparse and not particularly long. I am more interested in volume than length (however both is a huge bonus), and when it comes to application I INVEST in that sh*t. I do not expect wonders from one or two coats, rather I like to build and sculpt my lashes, so I need a product that can do this without weighing down my lashes or crumbling to f*ck - crumbling is a big deal when you like to BUILD.

This product is good for the following reasons:
1. Super black pigment; 2. Leaves lashes soft;. 3. Can build good volume and pretty good length; 4. surprisingly manageable brush; 5. Does not crumble; 6. Holds a curl; 7. Can be re-worked; 8. The tube lasts ages.

This product loses ratings for these reasons:
1. Owned by L'Oreal who test on animals* and sell/manufacture in China - eff that! That's a big deal to me and I take off 1 ratings for that sh*t right there, BOOM; 2. Transfers quite a bit onto my brow bone, but here's my story: I have deep-set eyes and pretty oily/hot skin, so that might not be an issue for some; 3. Looks a bit less 'wow' by the end of the day, but if you are heading out, you can build that sh*t back up!

*My beef with this is that Urban Decay were once upon a time a big vegan love brand, so basically they sold out... but their mythology lives on and um... I bought into it without doing my research. If these guys were still independent and animal friendly, this would be my go to mascara and 4.5 lipstick rated.

on 10/30/2013 8:16:00 PM

I have a love/hate relationship with this mascara. If I'm very careful when applying I can get wonderful thick, long lashes. However it is easy to clump your lashes while using and once that happens you have to wash it off and restart. This is a fairly runny mascara that takes a while to dry but once it does it lasts all day.

on 10/29/2013 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

WORST MASCARA EVER!

It would be better to use drugstore! This mascara is awful for these reasons:
1. The formula is super runny, from the tube to application. It comes off the wand with way too much, making it impossible for an even application.
2. Because the formula is runny, it takes forever to dry on lashes and when it does, it is both really thick and chunky, while still running. It simply doesn't last.
3. There is nothing "Fat" about this. I have thin lashes (hence looking for a thickening mascara), and it makes my lashes look even thinner because of the uneven application. My lashes clump up in wet, gooey paint.

What an absolute waste of money. I'll stick with my Dior or even better, Hourglass.

on 10/22/2013 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

meh.. nothing special.. i prefer the guerlain mascara

Top Rated Urban Decay Products