November 29, 2014 | 791 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by lilyjoha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

works good, doesn't smudge easily, lashes don't get dried out from it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by chicredress

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

In short: genius mascara that defies all odds. Made me go back to HE mascara when I'd sworn it off forever. So good, it makes my cheap-a$$ angry.

I have a long, long history with Definicils. When I was in high school, in the early 90s, when I think Definicils was introduced, I was using Voluminous. And I was using volumes of Voluminous, and it started to damage my lashes, and they started to fall out in the outer corners. Distraught, I went to the department store and somehow ended up at the Lancome counter crying the blues about my damaged eyelashes, and she sold me on Definicils. My lashes returned to their normal state. The stuff is truly high quality ish.

Eventually I left Definicils, years later, I don't know why but probably due to poverty. I have since tried a billion mascaras. I was a devote of Dior Show for a while, but for the most part I embraced drug store mascara because I used so much of it, I needed it to be cheaper and I found plenty that I liked.

Lately, however, I have been frustrated. I'm 40 now and my skin is more delicate; I don't like to struggle to get mascara off, but at the same time, I hate the flaking that I've been seeing lately in the products I do like as far as application, or the smudging I also seem to always get-- and I can't do waterproof, my lashes fall out.

So my mom took me to Sephora in May, as a gift and I got all sorts of fun things and ended up with a sample of-- yup, you guessed it, DEFINICILS. So I tried it. And now I'm using it every day. It's just perfect. My lashes-- semi-long but absolutely straight and invisible w/o mascara-- look perfectly coiffed, good amount of drama, no smudging when I wear it on the bottom lashes, which I seriously find miraculous, and the piece de resistance is that it truly comes off with soap and water.

So, yeah. I'm gonna buy this again when the tiny sample tube runs out (but no sign of that yet and I've used it daily for a few weeks) and I'll be mad, but also happy.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Slone07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Holy cow, I'm kicking myself for never using any of these samples before! I've had possibly a hundred of them! Maybe more! This week, for whatever reason, I cracked one open and used it and it has become my absolute favorite mascara. Just like that. The brush is perfection with firm bristles that really get IN there and get the job done, but aren't sharp and catch on my upper waterline causing me to flinch and get mascara under my eye. The formula is glossy, exceedingly lengthening, and non-clumpy. I am not usually a multiple coats kind of gal, but this formula is so pleasant to work with, that it's hard not to want to apply more. lol All of my other mascaras PALE in comparison to this one...I'm just sad I didn't try out a sample earlier!

ETA: And I got my first EVER compliment on my lashes today. Was told "they're gorgeous" and that "they look like falsies." I've always had sparse, fairly short natural lashes thanks to my thyroid struggles. I'm sold! LOL

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

This is the best mascara for everyday use. It's light and conditioning. Not good for a night out but perfect for school/work/easy going date/trip to the store.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by dierregi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is definitely my favorite mascara. I have been using it for years and occasionally try something new, most times to regret it. It completely fulfills my expectations: it comes in a slender, square, thin container. It is quite dark enough for my lashes. The wand is small just as I like it. The product does not clump and has decent lasting power. Finally, the price is OK for me.

I do not like: thick tubes, thick wands, sticky mascara, anything that clumps or that is difficult to remove.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by liquidhappy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love, LOVE this mascara. What put me on the hunt for a new mascara was by the end of the day, for some reason, it would get into my eyes and BURN like no other!! Nothing could be done other than remove my mascara, so heaven forbid this happen on a night out! I even tried Origins thinking natural was the ticket and it still would burn, although less than others. So, not only does this not burn like the dickens...ever, but my lashes are b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l! I get so many compliments on my lashes, even from strangers (like my dentist and new beautician). My lashes are healthy and I even think growing longer because I don't have to scrub to get it off. I don't use a eye-make up remover, just my face wash lightly lathered over my lids. So it doesn't flake, clump,smear, the tube lasts forever, no need to re-apply before dinner, and doesn't burn. I just hate the price tag - $30! :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by alina08

This mascara is kind of grayish, which I do not really like for upper lashes. I like the brush style for lower lashes. It has good reach and definition for the lower lashes. This mascara extends the length of the lashes very well, but does not seem to curl. I would not repurchase this product because I only use it on lower lashes, but I do like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 1:40:00 AM More reviews by Mandylee05

Best mascara hands down! I switch between the original formula and precious cells and I'm always getting compliments on my lashes or people asking me of they are fake! This is another essential beauty product in my make up bag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very nice for definying lashes. I doesn't irritate my eyes and last all day without smudging. One day, I cried and I was surprised how the masacara hold up really well!
I'm on my second tube and will definitly repurchase. I do alternate with other mascaras because I like testing. I do find it takes a moment to apply. When in a hurry I love MAC extended play mascara.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is very nice. It has a creamy consistency, which isn't something I find in most mascaras. Most mascaras are either too wet, too dry, or you have to give them a couple of weeks to get the right consistency and then they dry out. It gives length, definition, and a touch of volume. I would love this if it weren't almost $30 USD. It doesn't smudge, clump, or flake, and comes off easily with eye makeup remover.

UPDATE: I have been using this for four months and this applies as well as it did the first day. No clumps, dryness, flaking, etc. So impressed with this. I would continue to use this mascara, but after four months, I probably need to replace it. I'm replacing it with another Definicils mascara. At first I thought it was pricey, but I would spend about $8-$10 a month on cheap mascaras, so in the long run, Definicils ends up saving me money.