April 18, 2014 | 1082 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Lipglass in Oyster Girl

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by emsparago

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this lipglass by MAC. This is an excellent gloss if you like to play up your eyes, making them dark and dramatic, as the color is subtle yet shiny. This way, your lips aren't competing with your eyes. The color is slightly milky/light, with a hint of pink. This is my go-to gloss, as I feel like they make my small lips look a bit bigger! I definitely recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by kimwhittkeli

This is really light. Not that its a bad thing but sometimes its a little too light for me. Still i love the color and i could weear this with everything.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by bbluvsmac

I love love love this lipgloss a beautifull pinky pearl i wear it every day and somtime I put it over hue lipstick. This and feeling dreamy lipgloss are my HG lipglosses. oh and i also like that there a doe foot applicator

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

This is another lipglass I've been buying since middle school (I'm now 22) and love it just as much. I always get so many compliments on it since it really is such an unique shade. I pair it with almost anything and love the pinky iridescent glow it gives any color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by sarahharb

nice...not my favorite but pretty over cremecup. a bit more frosty than i would wear for everyday.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2011 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Horny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Very pretty pale pink colour. I have to be careful not to apply too much however as it can end up looking a little too pale/milky, but otherwise its a nice gloss for a nude pinkish lip hue on my NC30 skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Zabby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a light-coloured pigmented lipgloss, to neutralize my usually very red lips. When I sampled it at the Mac counter, it was pretty horrific. The girl gave me a brush to sample it with and not a wand (which it actually comes with). I think the brush deposited way too much product because it was a nasty white milky mess on my lips, but it was very pigmented so I took a chance with it.
I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and I love it. Its become my go-to gloss for everyday wear. I've noticed though that I HAVE to put balm on my lips first to prep them. If I dont, the gloss doesnt deposit evenly and gets a little clumpy and gross.
It IS a very sticky gloss (again, the balm does help this out). But I think that that is why it lasts for a long time. So I am ok with it.
Ultimately, I will keep searching for a highly pigmented soft pink gloss that isnt sticky and lasts. But that may never be found :) Im open to suggestions friends!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by louloubarbie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This looks gross on me. It's milky and looks strange. I read a comment that another reviewer made (she said it looked like semen on her lips) and I couldn't agree with her more! Not a cute look ladies.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by mhanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Here is how I came to purchase this gloss. A couple of weeks ago while out to dinner I saw this woman with an amazing lip color. I asked what she was wearing and she said she was wearing Mac Blankety l/s with Prr l/g. I was obsessed with recreating that lip look, but she was a very fair blond, and I have tan/olive complexion with dark hair/eyes. Well, after many tries I came up with the perfect dupe for my skin tone, it is with Oyster Girl l/g over Modesty l/s. On my pigmented lips I get a neutral, pink with silver sheen. So beautiful in the evening, especially in candle light. I really love this gloss. I have nothing else that looks like it on my lips and its perfect for the look I wanted.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by Fruitmash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oyster girl is this beautiful soft pink. It looks amazing over nude or pink lipsticks, but what really seals the deal for me is how it neutralises bright lip colours!! Take Rebel for example. Being NW20, it's too bold for me to really wear in the daytime. But a quick slick of this and POW!! It becomes a gorgeous soft, light purple, similar to "Up The Amp". Still bold, but much more wearable. I recommend this lipgloss to all, whether you like bold or nude lips, you can put this over ANYTHING and it'll look amazing, or you can wear it alone and it's perfect for work. A must have item :D