April 18, 2014 | 902 users online

Cleansers - MD Forte - Facial Cleanser III

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by MSAries

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this cleanser. And here I was, thinking I was so brilliant, using it as more of a mask, then I read all the reviews saying that's how others use it! If you haven't tried this yet, start using level I or II, and work your way up to III. I love how this makes my skin smooth and glowy. I like to use it in the mornings, rub it on and wait for the shower to warm up, then rinse it off once I get in.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by nguyen8733

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For the first two weeks, my skin was so smooth and clear then I started to experience some purging and irritation. I cut back to using it once a day for a week or two. Now, I'm on my sixth week without any irritation and most of my acne from the purging is almost cleared up. Overall, I really like this cleanser. My skin is now a lot brighter, smoother and more even toned. I've noticed that new and existing pimples tend to clear up faster too while using this cleanser. I hope that with continued use I will not have any more breakouts.
Update 11/11/11
I stopped using this product 6 months ago and switched to their facial cleanser I. After prolong use the facial cleanser III made my skin itchy and red because it was too strong for me. I'm using facial cleanser I now and I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2011 5:35:00 PM More reviews by ohemeffgee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My current cleanser. I'm on my fourth bottle of this stuff, and when I use it 2/day with my Pretika, I have amazingggg skin. It's the only cleanser I've found that does this for me. I docked a point for the awful packaging and the fact that, in order for it to work (for me), I have to leave it on for quite a while before I wash it off (~20 minutes), and that can be a serious PITA. Will not remove your MU. I use an oil cleanser before this one. This is the best I've found in my endless search, however, so I definitely rec if you have acne/lines. Also gives you that great healthy glow.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2010 12:25:00 PM More reviews by poreblaster2000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall I like this cleanser. It's soap free and oil free and for the most part pretty gentle. I prefer a chemical exfoliator like glycol over physical beads or crushed nuts that scratch your skin. It doesn't rinse as clean as I'd like, but it hasn't caused any issues either, like residue clogging pores. And the decorative domed cap is completely annoying and stupid, I ended up just throwing it away. The unnatractive actual cap underneath it is fine. The way I use this cleanser is to apply to dry skin, let it sit on my skin for 3-5 minutes (letting the glycolic acid eat away the dead skin) and then rinse with a soft washcloth.
Been using for a month and have had no breakouts. But I haven't noticed any improvements to clarity or evenness. or

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 12:23:00 PM More reviews by estheticianjill

Pleased to say, I have worked up to level 3. My skin doesn't tolerate trentinone and this is a nice alternative. As an esthetician the skin can be over worked with various anti-aging products. My basics are a good glycolic cleanser, moisturizer and follow up sunscreen. I do have the yearly laser treatment for those nasty spots, so my skin stays healthy and in check. This is an excellent product, but start off with the #1 and work up.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2010 10:41:00 AM More reviews by mstroche

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

From my experience with this product I can't believe it has so many rave reviews. I'm 35, have oily skin, clogged pores and frequent breakouts. As soon as I started using this product I broke out with cystic acne all across my jawline. I have used many products, from prescription medication such as Retin-A to expensive brands as Obagi, so I know that there may be some purging from using a new product, but this reaction was definitely not it. I tried it for over a month and gave up when my sister, who is used to seeing my face look like a war zone, told me my face had never looked worse. Thanks to 10 days in antibiotics my face is now better, but it took over three months since I stopped using it for the cysts to go away. Also, it does not clean well at all-even when using my Clarisonic along with it I would have a lot of makeup left behind that I had to remove with toner. I see this product more suited for dry and breakout-free skin and would not recommend to anyone with oily skin prone to breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 5:14:00 AM More reviews by IsraelSP21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

THIS IS RIDICULOUS!! THIS PRODUCT IS LIKE MAGIC!! I've tried all U can imagine to treat my acne and NOTHING worked. I have very bad memories with my skin BUT NOW WOOW My skin has never look better (Not even when I was younger) MD Forte changed my life (Yes it did) Now I am a confident person with a beautiful skin and acne is not a part of my life anymore. ITS HARD TO BELIEVE THIS IS "THE" SOLUTION.

UPDATE: UNBELIEVABLE. MY SKIN IS 100% CLEAR NOW, PRETTY MUCH PERFECT, JUST RIDICULOUS ='D

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 1:31:00 AM More reviews by fernnie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I like this very much. It's gentle but really penetrates at the same time. I alternate between this and DHC cleansing oil. My cystic acne has been kept at bay ever since using it. I leave it on, brush my teeth, and then rinse. Will use it forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by tyquann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best cleanser that I've ever used! I've been using this for 4 mths. now in the a.m. & p.m. & have noticed a drastic improvement in my skin (others have noticed & commented also). Before using this I would get hormonal acne that never seemed to go away along w/dark spots, but since using this I haven't had any breakouts and my dark spots have lightened and my skin is smooth, bright, and glows. I use this along w/the III lotion and my skin has done a complete 360 degree transformation. I highly recommend...I started w/III because I was already doing Glycolic Acid peels, however I do recommend starting w/the Cleanser I if your skin is sensitive.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2010 2:00:00 AM More reviews by sandy82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

This product saved my life. I suffered from crazy acne as a teenager and then had a decade of clear skin before I started having adult acne. The acne this time around was more cystic and I swear no prescription product made a difference. I started this product in February '10 and noticed a difference in 6 weeks. NO CYSTIC ACNE. No acne whatsoever, actually. If I start to feel something coming up it almost disappears overnight because of this stuff. I've been using this product for 4 months now and I cannot begin tell you what a blessing this product has been.
Like others have suggested here here, I use a small amount, rub it on dry skin until it disappears and then I wash it off in 15 minutes. Morning and night.
If you're not seeing results in a few weeks time, so long as your skin isn't irritated, give it a few more weeks. Also consider using Cleanser II if your skin is sensitive.