December 21, 2014 | 1239 users online

Foundations - Urban Decay - Surreal Skin Mineral Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2011 5:32:00 AM More reviews by Kidlike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I was a little disappointed with this product. the seller gave me a very dark one for my skin tone which made me look like Mr Miranda from the commercial!!! (I'm NF 15 and got Hallucination)

other then that the coverage is horrid! you need so much product to get a good cover and that makes you look cakey!

another thing I didn't like was the packaging and applicator, everytime I use this thing I end up with half the stuff spilled everywhere. I ended up removing the sponge and going in with my kabuki brush. no matter what you do it'll spread unevenly and if you use a colour correcter like me you'll be blending for ever to get it mixed with the powder =/

I'm really disappointed with UD, the reps are bad, the product is over priced and lousy with only 3 or 4 colours to choose from and to top it of the packaging!!!!

will not re-purchase again and can't wait for this one to finish so I can go back to my Bare minerals =(

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Julesxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely hated this product! After going into the beauty store to get my usual bare minerals a sales associate bugged me telling me that i should try this because it was better, had amazing coverage, and it came with a money back guarentee, the price was higher than bare minerals, but after being badgered by the associate for 10 minutes i decided to buy it, I literally had to cake this makeup on layer after layer to receive minimal coverage, i even took off the puff and used my kabuki brush, and it was awful coverage, and it broke my skin out terribly. I called the company to see if i could have my "money back guarentee" and they told me no, because the package had been opened! I will never purchase this product or any other urban decay product again! bad product and bad service.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by rastaxcore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am really disappointed in this, I should have checked MUA reviews before buying. I had really high hopes because I like UD products but sometimes I fail to keep in mind that most companies don't make a foundation quite light or cool enough for my skin, and that's basically the problem I ran into with this one. For starters, the packaging is ridiculous, I had to abuse it to get any product to start coming out. Once it was on my face it was invisible for about half an hour, then before I even got greasy it started turning yellow/orange. It seemed to accentuate dry patches and I believe other reviewers saying that it enhanced the appearance of pores. I'm definitely sending this back and looking more scrupulously at my shade choices in any brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by PterodactylStyle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Ok, I gave my skin a long time to see if I reacted to this product as I've had some really bad luck with Mineral Makeup in the past and this seems to be very decent with my skin, I haven't broken out, gotten dry or anything negative after I take the makeup off which is great! (I've even slept in it)

The coverage is really good, It blends in flawlessly on my skin, It doesn't oxidize which is quite rare for me in terms of Mineral Makeup and it lasts a very long time.
I'm an NC25 and using the color Supernova. I'm not a HUGE fan of the lack of colours here, but Supernova seems to blend very well and this might be one of my favorite Mineral Foundations and I LOVE that it's Cruelty-Free and Vegan. I think I've found my HG Foundation. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by peacocklady0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

sad to say its the only UD product i dont like. the puff is horrible, as most other reviews say. I might buy it again if they change the puff, though. other than that, it feels great and looks pretty good. just not worth the money with such a crappy applicator.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by equinery

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love the foundation, if you can get past the packaging. Goes on nicely without looking powdery. Doesn't break me out so far. I like it for light coverage, it blends in wonderfully. Overall a good buy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I really wanted an easy to use powder foundation. I tried Bare Minerals, and it didn't work out. I had a terrible reaction to Bare Minerals. I was nervous about trying this because there is speculation that the Bismuth in BM is what makes it itchy. Well, this also contains Bismuth. However, it doesn't make me itch. So, either this has a lot less Bismuth or something else in BM makes me itch. Anyway, so far I really like this. I like the way my skin looks smooth and luminous. When I first put a swatch on my hand, it looked shimmery. On my face, it doesn't look shimmery. I really hate the container. I don't want to use that silly sponge applicator. So I pulled it off and sifted the product into the cap. Since the cap is kind of small, it makes it a bit difficult to get to the product. I really hope UD changes the packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by Cecee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this makeup, and despite what I often hear, it is not too yellow at all for many people. Acutally, I would avoid putting this on anyone with sallow tones to their skin. I have problems for redness and anyone who has that problem would love this makeup! I put it over UD's cream to powder foundation and I get compliments that my skin looks absolutely flawless multiple times a day. I love this powder, although it isn't parabin free like a lot of UD's stuff. As far as the packaging, the sponge that comes with it is honestly pretty stupid but the cover to it is a nice shape so you can tap off excess powder on your brush into the cap and work from there. I love this powder, although the foundations from UD aren't for everyone. Oh, one more thing...its best not to pile this stuff on because it can look cakey if you add too much. A small amount goes a long way and looks beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Csarina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love the feel of this mineral foundation on my skin. It just seems to glide on. I use it with my Bare Minerals foundation brush, and it is way better than with the buffer sponge. What is that for!! I use the colour Vision and it is lovely especially now that I have a bit of a tan. I use a lighter colour in the winter, I can't think of the name but it is a bit lighter than Vision. This lasts most of the day, as long as I don't sweat too much, and is lovely and dewy, I suppose the word is. It is not cheap, but neither is Bare Minerals, which I have switched from, for the moment. I never break out, and everybody thinks I have a nice tan, and no make up on. It is important, for me anyway, not to pile it on, just glide on with a nice brush and build up if necessary. I love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by cassiopeya

I ordered this powder because i heard a lot of people raving about it and wanted to try out the nice puff-technique.
I am a NC 15-20, and ordered the lightest shade (Illusion), but it was still way to dark and very orange-y for my complexion. Also it can be very cakey if you take a little bit too much.
It is true that it looks very natural applied with the puff, i was actually wondering if the powder gets out because i did not see any difference after putting this on my skin.
I will not repurchase it because for me it is not worh the money.