Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 6/24/2015 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I ordered one and was sent another in the mail for free, so I have a ton of this stuff for probably years to come. This is as intense as people say. I mainly wanted to see what it would do for my skin since it's similar to many spa masks. If you don't have acne prone, sensitive, or heavily congested skin then you can use a drop or two of lavender oil in it. I have to disagree with another reviewer. You can use essential oils on your skin. Take a good look at most French pharmacy brands and even USA skin care products. Many in your cabinet at home have essential oils in very low amounts. It depends on your skin. For me this just pulls all of the city gunk from my pores and gives a deeper clean, but I don't use it too often. Once a month or less is enough.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

makes you break out the first few times but afterwards, it works sooooo well. Especially for my super sensitive acne prone crazy skin.

on 6/19/2015 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a good mask, especially for the price. But I didn't see the awesome mind-boggling results that other reviewers claim. I used it correctly - one teaspoon of clay, one teaspoon of organic Bragg's acv, no metal bowls or mixing tools, thick 1/2 inch coating (lying on my back), 30 minutes on the face. It cleared out little clogs on my nose and cheeks, somewhat shrunk a cyst I had on my cheek, pulsed and hurt like a mother, and left my face furiously beet-red and flaky for another hour. I freaked out, and moisturized. Clean-up is messy, as others have said, I washed it off with a bowl of water in my yard. Not taking any chances with my shower drain.

I can get the same results without any irritation from my clinique acne solutions mask, or any other high-quality clay mask, for that matter. These masks are more expensive, yeah, but they usually require a smaller amount of product per use ( a thinner coating than the ridiculous 1/2 inch).

Irritation is your skin telling you to back off. I tried this on a whim, underestimating the redness that everyone was talking about, but seriously....abusing the skin in order to clean it doesn't seem worth the trouble. For everyone adding essential oils such as lavender oil because they'll be "moisturizing".... lavender oil is an irritant. Most essential oils with a definitive scent are irritants. You're just making the redness (and probably your acne) worse. Look it up.

on 6/18/2015 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Overall, this stuff is great! Best mask I've ever used. I mix 1 tablespoon of the mask with organic apple cider vinegar until it becomes the proper consistency (not too runny, not too thick). It's very creamy and goes on smooth. I leave the mask on for 45 min -1 hour. When it hardens, it HARDENS. You can't talk, eat, or move your face in any way. It does leave my face red after I wash it off, but it goes away after about an hour. This mask has made my face smooth and it helping to even out my skin town and fade my acne marks. Love it!

on 6/16/2015 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

OMG !! This is the best mask I have EVER used! I've tried everything, from all of the Origins mask to Glamglow to mint julep from dollar general, also other very prestigious EXPENSIVE brands. This Aztec clay mask is by far the BEST. Well I purchase online from a vitamin store 2lbs for $13 with shipping. (I seen that you can also buy off of eBay) It took maybe about a week and a half to arrive, I was so excited to try. I learned about this mask off of YouTube, not sure who was using it. I mixed it with Braggs acv, & after ONE use I noticed the dark marks on my cheeks were lighter and all my blackheads surfaced. My skin was SUPER dry afterwards of course so I just followed up with some Clinique moisturizer. I'm sooo in love with this stuff. I've never noticed such quick results. I'm going to try to do this mask at least once a week. This mask is definitely worth a try! ----my longest review :)

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

BEST FACE MASK HANDS DOWN!!! This mask does wonders! You can literally feel the mask pulsating and tightening your skin! I use product once during week and every sunday after a long weekend. This mask keeps my face hydrated and fresh. Skin feels incredibly soft after use and looks detoxified. Great investment!

on 5/27/2015 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Yes! Yes yes yes yes! Mix this with equal parts apple cider vinegar and add 1 drop of lavender oil. It's the perfect, affordable mask for oily acne prone skin. Apply it in a thick layer (1/8"-1/4" thick) on your skin. I only let it dry for 9-10 minutes. Wipe off with a wet washcloth. It's easier to wipe off if it's not completely dry. If you have dry skin, add 1-2 teaspoons of honey. This is very affordable on Amazon, and I will continue to repurchase for a looooong time! Definitely recommend!

on 5/23/2015 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Okay, can we talk about it? This stuff is a life saver AND a game changer- I don't wanna bore you with going on and on and on. I'm sure in another review you can see how it's used. But for starters, it's very difficult for me to find a "holy grail" product. Starting my senior year I suffered with skin colored bumps all over my face; clogged pores. Extremely clogged. And I had no idea how to get rid of them. Now, this will help but it's also very important to haw a good skin care regimen and be very hygienic with your makeup tools. That's a whole other story though. This stuff DOES pulsate, it is very extreme and it put GlamGlow to shame, and that's really good stuff as well. It's also soooo much cheaper! I try my hardest to use this stuff at least 3x a week. Sometimes my skin will look so good that I'll only use it once a week. It's awesome at unclogging pores, keeping your skin clean and clear, and it's also helped to lighten up some redness caused by old acne scarring. I highly highly highly recommend this!!!! 1000000+% and yes your skin will probably be red after because this mask is very intense but it's temporary, probably best you do it before bed. Also very hard to take off without a gentle wash cloth but oh so worth it!!! :-)

on 4/29/2015 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My relationship with this mask is complicated. I have oily, acne-prone skin, and I'm always looking for new products to mellow out that whole mess, so reading the reviews for this stuff made me really excited to try it. I've been using it 2x a week for a month now, and overall I am pleased with the results. I can tell that it has helped clear out my pores, ESPECIALLY my blackheads. I've seen a significant decrease in them throughout my t-zone since I started using this. I also find that my skin isn't as oily throughout the day, especially the day after using this stuff. So as far as results go, this mask rocks. But to be honest, and the reason it loses one lippie, I absolutely loathe the 20 minutes when it's sitting on my face. A lot of people talking about the "pulsating" effect it has. I happen to find it very unpleasant. My skin feels dry, tight, and itchy when I have it on (all those things go away when I take it off). Maybe I'm just hyper-sensitive to it, but this is not a relaxing, soothing spa mask-- you can tell it's sucking all the gunk out of your skin, and it's not a fun feeling, at least not to me. However, I'm so pleased with the results that I'm willing to put up with it. The packaging is economic, which makes sense since the price is so dang low! I can't imagine having to purchase this product more than once a year, and it's like 10 bucks on Amazon. Overall, I'm really glad I tried this product.

on 4/29/2015 4:16:00 PM

This stuff is my new #1 weapon on my acne aside from my vegan & GF diet.

I've suffered from cystic acne caused by leaky gut and imbalance of gut bacteria and diet change along with adding supplements has been my cure but this mask is definitely responsible for quickening up the healing process! Before using this mask, it would take over a week for my face to show any noticable difference of healing. After just using this mask ONCE, my face looked like it fast-forwarded 2 weeks and was in healing mode. It literally pulses your face and feels cool. My skin isn't sensitive and leave on for 20 min or so while doing my epsom salt bath and then just rinse in the shower. Face will be red for a few hours so best to do when you're chilling at home. It made my face look noticably better with one use but keep in mind, my acne was already on the road to healing because of diet and lifestyle changes, this was just the icing on the cake. I used it with ACV as recommended on the container. Highly reccommend this to anyone looking for an added oomph to cure their acne! My scars and hyper pigmentation and redness was much more even once the initial redness of the mask wore off. I only use all natural products such as castor & hemp oil for OCM and argan and tea tree mixed for spot treatment. I would say this mask though is the most important thing! Plus is was like $5 where I got it :)

Long answer short: a MUST HAVE if you have acne! Sped up my healing time by weeks!

Popular Masks