August 29, 2014 | 1254 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by quickclamour

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this stuff is so amazing. i have horrible dry and cracked skin. it makes it so smooth and even. definetly one of my favorites

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Daeeezhaa

This aztec healing clay is pefect for people who break out all the time like me. When i break out alot i immediately go to this mask to clear it up a little. The pulsing sensational feels great! Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by DietmountainDew

This clay mask + Turmeric juice = Works like magic in Acne prone skin!
A must try and must have!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by wishingoceans

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Alright so I gave two stars because I like to use this, makes everything feel pretty clean. But: it has not noticeably helped with me acne, AND:

I used this last night with ACV for about six hours as a spot treatment. I ended up using a good amount, more than I intended to because the zits were pretty small and I figured hey, it's all natural, only 6 hours, what's the harm?

Well. Not only did it not clear up the couple of zits, it made me skin WAY WORSE and gave me these bizarre RAISED RED SCARS that look as though my cat shredded her claws across my face. I thought that somehow I had cut myself or something, but I realized that the scars were located exclusively where the clay had been. They basically created an outline of irritated, messed up skin where the product was, it created contact dermatitis patches, and it's just awful, shows through makeup and looks super unpolished and gross.

I'm quite scared of using it again, but I might use it mildly, for 10 minutes or less. I do have very sensitive skin, so that could be why. Those with sensitive skin: BE CAREFUL, this can do some harm despite being natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by lyssaw519

At first I did not like this mask at all. I thought it was extremely clumpy and next to impossible to spread on my face. What I found out recently was that it was clumpy due to using water instead of apple cider vinegar. When used with Bragg's raw apple cider vinegar this mask turns into a very smooth paste that is so easy to spread onto skin (I did 2 tsp clay, 1 tbs ACV). The tingling that you feel is the mask drying and causing your skin to stretch; however, this mask is great at unclogging pores and getting out those nasty little blackheads I have on my nose. My husband even enjoys using this on his nose and seeing the blackheads it pulls out. Definitely recommend using this with apple cider vinegar! It made a HUGE difference in the quality of the mask IMHO.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Kashley

My dad actually pointed this out to me at a health food store one time. He told me his mom (my grandma) always had it in the bathroom and that him and my uncle would use it periodically through their teen years as well as my g-ma. Who would have though my dad of all people would be the person to point this out lol

I have this on me at all times now, if I start picking one night (shame shame shame) I can always trust that a mask with this and some ACV will take the inflamation way down and basically puts my skin back where it started before I started picking.

I use this once a month (can you guess at which time?!)

This is a staple.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by marquiseazzie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh my god. This. Stuff.

… I've struggled with congested skin for years - the only time I've been truly happy with my face was a two-year stint on a now discontinued birth control. It's not that bad - my pores are small, but each one is clogged with a small grain of sebum or sebaceous filament that I have to manually extract every night. My skin is oily deep underneath, and super-dry on top. Also, since I'm no longer on BC, I get several (read - 3 to 5) cysts that take forever to heal during my period (though Mario Badescu's drying cream has definitely helped.) I've had a little help from MUAC's retinol and Paula's BHA - they make me look fresh, but still - clogs, refilling every day. Benzoyl peroxide does nothing for me - nothing for the clogs, nothing for the cysts.

I'd read about this stuff in a magazine once, but somehow forgot about it. Now, with my skin worse than ever, overproducing oil after a long dry Chicago winter, and too much dairy that made me break out in five major cysts, I decided to go for a clay mask. I looked at GlamGlow, but decided I'd rather spend 70 bucks on a good serum versus a generic mud mask - and then I remembered this stuff.

I used it for the first time last night, and wasn't overwhelmed… It was easy to use (1 to 1 with apple cider vinegar), the pulsating was kind of hilarious (though I couldn't laugh; the mask had stretched my skin SO tight, as if it had been botoxed all over!)... I wiped it off with a warm washcloth, and was more pleased than shocked at the results. My skin looked fresher, it (surprisingly) didn't dry me out, and some small plugs came out easier than normal, but otherwise there were still filaments, a few PMS cysts trying to come out. So I slapped a mini-mask on the cystic spots as a spot-treatment in those areas and left it on for about three more hours.

When I washed that off - I was stunned. The cystic lumps had disappeared. Completely. My skin was a little red, but I went to bed super happy and optimistic, hoping the effect would stick. When I woke up this morning - Oh. My. God.

I was looking at the best skin of my life. No clogs had reappeared. The cystic red spots were gone without a trace. Everything glowed, and my face actually felt lighter, and more supple, where it usually feels weighed down and tired - probably from the excess oil. This is something I plan to use every other day as maintenance, versus a weekly special treatment, since it seems to have absorbed all excess oil from deep inside my skin and actually PREVENTED congestion.

It's so cheap, and there's so much of it, I can't imagine anyone not trying it out. It actually is the miracle for my congestion I've always wanted. HG.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 3:17:00 AM More reviews by teojia

I bought this when I was starting out on my natural beauty regime, although now I've abandoned almost all except for this. (That is another long story) I use this about twice a week on my problematic spots, and it works in drying out acne. I use it together with neem oil, which is also excellent for acne and oily skin, and I've noticed that my skin has become more manageable and scars heal a lot faster. I leave it on until it dries, usually from between 15-30mins, and then wash it off with a wet warm washcloth. The huge tub lasts a long time, so its definitely value for money as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Maelor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Amazing. I have extremely oily skin and have suffered from the throes of acne for nearly eleven years. This clay I try to use every night mixing it with water. I attempted the mixture with apple cider vinegar but for some reason it really irritates my skin. Water works just fine for my pale sensitive skin. I do not moisturize afterwards since I am an oil slick but honestly I believe moisturization is very important for those with less oily skin. Coconut oil is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by gsl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bought this back in January, used it with water and didn't like it so I kind of ignored it. Then about two weeks ago I went on a vacation and used spray on sunscreen on my face. Bad bad bad. I had never had a break out as bad as this. My forehead, my cheeks and my my upper lip were covered in cycts. Not pimples but cycts. Three days later I came home and researched this mask only to find out that you're supposed to use it with avc. So I did and after one use, the next morning the cysts had shrunk. Did the mask two more times and my face is clear.