November 24, 2014 | 2001 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by NawmiAhmed

I am rating this a 3 star because I have been using it for 2 weeks now, for about 3-4 days a week regularly. I haven't seen any significantly visible difference. I don't have an acne-prone skin but I do have some allergic rashes and some dark spots left behind by a pimple or two. I heard quite a lot about this clay so I started using it. I a not sure how fast I am supposed to get results that's why the 3 stars.
It did not have any negative reaction on my face so thats a good thing. I use 1 teaspoon clay with a 1/2 teaspoon of ACV and some water.
I do get some redness and irritation on my skin after washing it off which later goes away. However it clears out my face very well. So I am satisfied there.

Would be helpful to know how long till I get some visible result on those rashes and dark spots!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by attarius

This product must be too harsh for me. Whenever I apply it to a red pimple, it makes it much worse. I suspect it breaks my follicular wall because of it's powerful pulling mechanism, further exacerbating my break outs. On small, skin colored bumps, it does nothing. I intended to use it as a body detox, but the chance of it solidifying in my intestines due to lack of excess water was not something I wanted to take. In the midst of this review, I decided to apply it to my skin like a powder just to see. It soaked up the excess oil, didn't leave any greenness, now I will wait and see if it solidifies at all and dries up. If it doesn't perhaps it will make a great "translucent" powder for... the rest of my life considering I have a pound of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by JenTru4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have loved this! Ever since I read the review on http://manscapeking.com/aztec-secret-indian-healing-clay/

I knew I had to get this clay!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2014 4:33:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have acne-prone skin and heard about this online so I picked it up at Whole Foods for around $5 for a pretty decent sized tub about seven months ago. I only use a spoon full of the clay and a few splashes of organic apple cider vinegar and it's a super cheap (and effective) mask! A little goes a pretty long way.
The tightening/pulsing effect on your face is crazy! It feels super weird and some people might not like it or it might hurt too badly for them. Beware people with sensitive skin- I would definitely patch test this just in case because it's pretty strong.
After I wash it off my face is red for about thirty minutes after which is weird but I haven't noticed any damage to my skin, just really nice results the next day. I find that the next morning my skin looks really lovely and glowy and my blemishes have shrunk down decently. I wouldn't use this many times in a week though.
Another thing is comparing it to the GlamGlow SuperMud Clearing Treatment. To me, $65 or whatever is just ridiculous for that amount of product. I bought it thinking it would be a miracle worker, but I definitely prefer the Aztec Clay not only for the price but for the efficacy as well. I find myself using this over the GlamGlow and I'm happier with the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2014 3:33:00 AM More reviews by jillfoshizzle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this stuff for years and I love it! I use it about once a week and my skin feels totally detoxed and tight and new. It is a little drying though so you can't use it all the time, once a week is perfect for me but I have oilier skin, for other people once every two weeks might be better.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2014 2:19:00 AM More reviews by alielxoxo

Omg, I absolutely love this stuff. It makes your skin glow. After you remove your mask, your skin should be red. It goes away in 30 minutes though. But mixing this with herbs, and oils is endless. Maintains my breakout problem but I'm not completely clear from acne. Probably because I'm still going through puberty. But without this I would be screwed.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by aleung88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this about 5 times since receiving it, and my skin has visibly improved within 2 weeks. I follow the instructions on the back with mixing Apple Cider Vinegar with the clay until foamy/moussey texture, spread on my face with old makeup brush, and once it has dried and tightened, rinse with warm water. Skin gets red at first but next morning was buttery smooth, no visible poors, faint glow. LOVE! This tub will last forever, but definitely worth a repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by artsaves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I do like this. I love the fact that it's natural. It makes my skin softer and smoother after using it. However, I usually end up getting a pimple or two after using it. I rarely break out. It's not a huge issue, it's just what I've noticed every time after using it. I'm sure it's because the mask is drawing out all the impurities which makes sense because that's what this mask is supposed to do.

That being said, I don't use this very often. I'll use it once every few months. I use acv to mix it as opposed to water because the consistency is better, IMO.

It's super cheap and the amount that you pay for will last months, so you can't go wrong there. It's nice to do every once in a while!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by PoppyDaze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I live in Australia so I bought this for about $20+ online - not very cheap for me unfortunately. I love that it's 100% bentonite clay with no other unnecessary ingredients. I used it with raw organic apple cider vinegar and it mixes well and makes a smooth consistency, whereas it got clumpy when I used water.

It feels like a strong, tight mask so it's quite satisfying. You can definitely feel your face pulsate from the tightness as it says! It helped to calm down my skin but it didn't solve my acne-prone skin. I would recommend this over any store-bought mask though since it's pure and feels very natural and revitalising. I think it's a good staple for a skincare regime and I want to repurchase it. However, I will probably buy from a local supplier of bentonite clay instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 3:34:00 AM More reviews by karenapril

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

I love this a lot. It's dirt cheap, you only need a little to spread all over your face. Just add a bit of Apple cider vinegar, a bit honey mix well then spread it on your face. Washing up is a bit difficult if left too long but I always use a wet wash cloth to moisten up first then only gently wash away the clay. Gave me clear firm skin. Must try! But don't use it if you gonna go out for the night. You will have a rather red skin for at least 30 minutes afterwards