April 16, 2014 | 940 users online

Hair - TiGi - S-Factor Smoothing Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2008 9:49:00 AM More reviews by nakedmannequin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My boyfriend and I recently moved into his sister's old house (she's pregnant... moved in with her boyfriend.)

She's a self proclaimed product queen, so she left a few goodies, including a huge bottle of S Factor Smoothing Shampoo.

This is my HG shampoo.

It lathers luxuriously, smells delicious and my hair is just really CLEAN afterwards. And it imparts a very healthy shine and feel.

I've also noticed that it is very kind to color treated hair. I've been using it for about two weeks and I've seriously had no color wash out.

Also, it's like it KEEPS my hair clean. 24 hours post-shampooing (with other shampoos)... my roots were getting oily and heavy and my ends were drying out.

Nope, not with this. I can wash & style my hair, sleep on it... go to work all day the next day and when I come home my hair STILL looks freshly done and fantastic.

I haven't changed any product in my routine except for this one.

I'm looking to repurchase, but the price tags are scaring me a bit.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2008 2:33:00 AM More reviews by acarthur

I had high hopes for this too, but unfortunately all this product did was give my thick curly hair a shine to it and didn't nothing for the frizz. I am also not overly keen on the sickly smell of it either so won't be repurchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2008 9:11:00 PM More reviews by thechaoticapathy

HG STATUS. I love this stuff. Favorite shampoo/conditioner combo ever. Gives my long, thick, wavy hair moisture, smoothness, protection, and softness with daily use. The waves form perfectly and my hair looks great hair dried, which is really important to me. It's hard to find a shampoo and conditioner that makes my hair look nice by itself. And the shampoo is really thick. The regular size lasted me about three months of daily use, sometimes shampooing twice when I use lots of products. I never had to clarify with this or any of the S-factor products.

This has been a wonder for my hair from the most damaged (bleached 5xs to nearly virgin)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2008 5:51:00 PM More reviews by hooplehead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this shampoo. Smells good, smooths my hair down and it's pink. Very concentrated formula, lasts forever. The only downside is that it is prohibitively expensive and they are not yet offering liter bottles of shampoo (they just started offering liters of the conditioner.) Definite HG product, just not sure I can afford to make it a regular indulgence. UPDATE: They are now carrying larger sizes of this, which are available online for much less. At that price point I am more comfortable making this my go-to product line.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2008 6:28:00 PM More reviews by kylesmom27

This shampoo is definately meant for thick hair. My hair is fine but dry so I decided to try it. Wow, it weighed my hair down really bad. I had to use Aveda Detoxifier shampoo to get rid of the build-up. I was surprised b/c I love the matching conditioner so much. I returned this after one use. Too bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2007 10:29:00 PM More reviews by sunshiine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the smell a lot.. like strawberry gum, but I haven't noticed anything different with my hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2007 8:33:00 AM More reviews by rayoflight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had very high expextations when I bought this shampoo and it failed to live up to those expectations. My hair isn't any shinier or smoother. In fact, it's more frizzy and flyawayish than before. And the bottle is weird, as if someone had roled over with a car over it or something... The scent is nice, fruity and sweet, non-lingering and non-offensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2006 6:12:00 AM More reviews by jephphriey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading a few of these reviews, I must say . . . hrm. The people who are selling you these things aren't telling you nearly enough. S-Factor is designed for those with coarse, dry hair that needs nourishing and smoothing. If you have fine hair, do not use this product. Simply do not. It will build up far too quickly and it will not give you the results you desire. This shampoo is fantastic. It cleanses well, has fantastic fragrance, and conditions quite well for a shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2006 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Hollow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this. Smells great, lathers nicely and doesn't leave my hair feeling stripped or weighed down. My hair doesn't mind cones, and this doesn't build up on me. I will definitely buy this again. It's expensive but lasts a long time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2006 12:51:00 PM More reviews by blondeambitioned

What I love about this product is the bubblegum-pink color and the luscious fragrance... I'm not a big fan of fruity scents, but this is warm and comforting and not at all overwhelming. The fragrance is described as 'asian pear and mango', but it smells like strawberries to me.

This may leave your hair smelling wonderful, but it doesn't perform quite as well (and certainly not as well as you would expect something of this price to perform). Luckily for me, I bought the trial-size pack before I splurged on any full-size products. I had left this shampoo sitting around for a while, and was horrified when it seperated in the bottle..... because I could see that exactly half of this product is just pure silicones. That could explain why when I used these products in my hair, that they made my hair feeling coated, tangly, and made it look dull. Silicones build up really badly in my baby-fine, slightly wavy hair, and make it look horrible, I have better results with sulfate and silicone-free products that don't weigh down my hair.

Some silicone-loaded products (Feria conditioner, Beyond the Zone Get 'n' Creamed) work well in my hair, while products like these just, well .... don't.

Thinking that I may have overwhelmed my hair by trying all the products at once, I tried using these products seperately with the same poor results. For me, the deciding factor was not the S-Factor, it's the Silicone Factor... this just has way too much silicone for my hair to handle.