November 28, 2014 | 1029 users online

Lipstick - New York Color - 309B Sheer Red

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by jpando

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My favorite everyday red! Very wearable color that does not turn fuchsia on me like most reds. This one reminds me of MAC Tahiti. It is smooth and creamy and very flattering on my pale skin. I stock up on this one in case they discontinue it!! The only drawback is the packaging with this line - the tube does not let you twist the color down far enough so you risk nicking the color when you remove the cap. Just have to be careful! Will always buy this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Sparkylarky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this lipstick! It is the perfect wearable everyday red. Its not too bright or too dark, just right. It makes my face look a little more made up and perfected. I have dark hair and fair skin so when I wear this I look a little like snow white :). So glad I found this. And I got it for under a buck at cvs. Great buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by ILUVLC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is actually my first red lipstick purchase, and I absolutely adore the color! It is really pigmented so you only need about one swipe to get a good color payoff. The color is not too bright, it is like the perfect red, especially for those like me who are new to the red lipstick wearing field and it only cost $0.93 at my local walmart. I am definitely stocking up on this color!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Momeramas

This was one of the best bangs for my buck. I can't remember what I spent but it was under $2. The color is just perfect for daytime - not screaming, "I'm wearing red." It feels moisturizing on the lips - it's really pretty and will work for almost anyone at any age because it is not too dark and heavy. I am a medium toned Asian and as someone who is getting older, I appreciate the sheerness/stainability of this lipstick, because the darker colors can be aging. Oh, the packaging is not good, but what do you expect at this price point. Go try it - at this price, you will not be sorry.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by velvetgirl

I bought this lipstick because I saw a review for it on youtube. I usually don't grab red lipsticks...it's just too hard to find that right shade that has enough blue in it so it won't look orangey and yet sheer enough so that it is practical enough to wear out. This is not that shade for me. It has just too much orange in it. So glad this only cost 94 cents! I have spent much more on lipsticks that were the wrong shade. Lipstick is just that ONE beauty product that can be hard to pin down and feel confident buying. Just when I do find that right shade, that perfect SPANISH ROSE shade (looking at you L'Oreal) they discontinue it.

The lipstick itself is very comfortable and I didn't notice any scent. So I will buy this particular lipstick again, but not this shade. Oh and I don't think it's that sheer either. It's pretty bright. But that's on my lips.

UPDATE: For some reason I think I'm changing my mind on this color. It actually wears really nice and my lips feel moisturized with it too. The color is adjustable depending on how you apply it and its easily buildable. I like to dab it on my lips and then sheer it out with my fingers, it looks more like a stain and more natural that way. It also does something for my overall face coloring. I was too harsh on this little lipstick, it can certainly hold it's own! I think it's a lot more versatile than I first realized and very wearable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by countrygyrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

.I will admit I tried this a few years ago during my bright red lipstick stage and hated it. I dont think I liked it because it is not a bright in your face red. However over the past year I went on a no lipstick kick and only used Dr pepper lipsmackers as my "lipstick" . I do love red lips so I gave this another go and it is turning into a favorite. I apply it with a lipbrush and blot to a stain, if I want a more natural look. I apply a few layers to build it up (like 4) blotting in between each, if I want a more full on red lip. Sheer red is a pretty red, not in your face, no pink, no fushia. Its not cherry or brown either but maybe a combo of both. Its really a natural darker red. This goes with everything. Full on straight from the tube its a bit dark and creamy so it can bleed so I always use a brush and blot.. Blotting and multiple applications I can get this to last half of the day but it can be drying. ( all lipstick was drying me out thats why I went to lip balm) To touch up during the day I dab (never swipe) the tip the lipstick itself on the center of my lower lip and smush my lips together. This seems to work. Great starter red as many have suggested. Its only 99 cents sometimes as low as 60 cents at rite aid.
Also using this as blush, on skin it goes on a bit brick clolored but blends out to a beautiful natural flush on me.

UPDATE 1/09/2013 This has turned into my go to blush but not really using it as lipstick anymore, getting back into my redder reds plus its way to much hassle with the applying and blotting to get the look I want

UPDATE 3/23/2113 This IS my blush. I have like 5 tubes and when it goes bogo 50% off at Rite aid I always get 2 more. Truly this is the PERFECT natural rosy cream blush for like .50 cents

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by MadchenRogue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of the most Universal Red Shades available for just 1 dollar. WOW, just WOW. Can be sheered out or applied to full opacity. YOU CANNOT GO WRONG WITH THIS SHADE.
100% Recommend and will repurchase!!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by jenn8779

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great "steal" find as a dupe for a "splurge" lipstick from Clinique. Clinique makes a shade called "Angel Red" and its been popular for years. This shade from NYC is about as identical as it gets and is $0.99 compared to $15.00. I also think its a great introduction to red lipstick for anyone who has been a little leery of trying a red lipstick. The color is going to be good for basically anyone and its sheer enough not to scream "I'm wearing red lipstick!". Its also excellent on the cheeks as a cream blush, just make sure your skin isn't too dry/too matte before using it or, mix a teeny drop of your mositurizer with it when you apply. This is an excellent lipstick, great shade and at a reasonable price. I highly recommend and definitely will repurchase!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by lcarrie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am absolutely thrilled with this product! Thank you MUA for letting me know about it. This lipstick is a cool-toned red that's a little on the berry side, a little on the brick red side. I like to build it up to make it opaque. The formula is creamy and, like the name implies, moisturizing, which is fantastic for someone like me who has dry skin. With my fair skin and dark hair, I think it looks very flattering, and I think that it would look great on a variety of different skin tones. Some people have complained about the staying power, but if you blot with a tissue and then reapply, it lasts several hours. And of course, things like lip liner and lip brushes can help too. What I love about this product is that it's highly versatile and wearable. It's bold but still completely appropriate for daytime. For 93 cents it's an absolute steal!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by PaintedBlue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Really wanted to break out of my day in and day out nude lippies, with RED...but every red is just SO RED and looked out of place on me.

I did not want to spend a bunch just trying to find something that worked, so went to Wally World and starting browsing the cheapies...picked this up, brought it home and even my hubby (who claims to HATE red lipstick) said it looked really good on me! ♥