Rimmel Lycra Wear (All Shades)

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/25/2010 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is probably the best nail polish I have ever tried, as surprising as it may sound.
I have the shade 317 Coral Romance which is a lovely true coral. Not pink, not orange, not red. One coat gives enough coverage and a nice finish, it goes on smooth and completly without streaks. I usually add another coat just for some extra intensity and longevity.
The brush is very wide, but that's not a problem. Makes it easier to cover the whole nail in one or two go's. Much better than the thinner brushes.
All in all, this is a pretty damn perfect nail polish for a price that is an absolute bargain. No more OPI for me!

on 5/21/2010 1:48:00 PM

I have several shades of this and must say I am very pleased, colors are nice, quality is very much decent for the price, brushes are great and staying power is as good as most polishes, less than OPI perhaps, but still good for me since I usually change the polish before it starts chipping.
These can stay put for 2-3 days, with good base and top coat

on 5/8/2010 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Had to write a review for this - I have 403 Hypnotise, I put this on 6 days ago on my toenails, one coat no base or top coat. Went on a cruise, wore to the beach and wore flip flops and/or sandels the whole time and it is just now starting to chip a tiny bit. I luv it.

on 3/1/2010 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have hot gossip. Its a nice colour i wear during the winter. I have had this one bottle since dec 2007. it has not gone thick or bad in any other way.happy with it, hope it will last until the next winter as well :)

on 2/14/2010 12:35:00 PM

I have quite a few of these. They come in a lot of great shades, and last a good while. However, I find it really thick and takes a long time to dry. It applies a bit thick too, so I don't really recommend using more than one coat. Make sure you keep the lid screwed on tight so it doesn't dry out and become ever thicker.

on 2/1/2010 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've got "Hot gossip".It's a red color with a hint of orange maybe but more on the red side in my opinion,with some sparkle.I need to apply just one coat with a base.Never used a top coat for it.It last a lot without chipping,but it fades at the ends.A top coat would help probably.
It's pretty cheap,it dries quickly.

on 2/1/2010 8:14:00 AM

good nail polish. Not hg status, but great for the price. I've only got posh trash atm, but im going to buy a few more.

on 1/30/2010 9:29:00 AM

Love this! I have a job where I'm constantly using my hands & nail polishes never last long, but this product is much more durable. My go-to nail polish for everyday wear.

on 1/28/2010 9:21:00 AM

I have several colours in this, generally I find Rimmels nail polishes to be of a fairly high standard - the brushes are good, including the new flat ones, and the polish is consistent, creamy and easy to apply. They all dry fairly quickly and do not smudge or budge.
I apply 2 or 3 coats depending on the colour, I rarely use base or top coats so this review is based on use without either of those products. I tend to find that I get 2 days wear out of these polishes, by day three there will usually be some signs of wear, cracking, chipping or flaking as I have now. It is not too noticeable and I can go shopping or whatever without looking terrible, but as I am going out tonight I will do them again.
I work outdoors in all weathers every day - I often do not wear gloves either for this or for household washing and cleaning tasks and the wear reflects this. Good value, an above average product that I will continue to purchase if I see a colour I like.

on 10/18/2009 11:07:00 PM

This is for the Wear Maxx nailpolish with 'Lycra + minerals'.

They have some pretty nice colours and I was deciding between "Posh Trash" and "Beige". Both were very similar shimmery light browns, "Posh Trash" being pink based and "Beige" yellow based. I ended up buying the former. Wear Maxx is originally $10 AUD but I got it for $4!

The polish is a bit thick which worries me since they tend to get even thicker over time. One coat already dries on the outside within a matter of seconds. I do not like that the finish isn't that smooth, I feel it could be smoother and glossier. You can see all the brush marks which is acceptable I guess, but would look ridiculous if you didn't paint vertically. You definitely need a base/top coat if you want this to last more than 3 days.

I actually don't like the Rimmel packaging, I find they have too many words cluttered on the bottle and it's hard to tell what's what.

[1 coat, no base or top coat]
Day 2 - Slight chipping at the tips.
Day 3 - More chipping at the tips on 7/10 fingers but still looks okay.
Day 4 - 2mm of chipping at the tips (can see my entire white bit) and starting to recede from the bottom too. Time to redo my manicure, I guess.
Day 5 - Looked pretty tacky so I removed the polish. Did NOT leave my nails yellow at all and the polish came off easily, which is good.

[1 coat, plus base coat]
Day 2 - Minor chips on 3/5 fingers. Dammit, I'm putting a top coat on. I hate redoing manicures.

[1 coat, plus base and top coat]
Day 2 - Still looks good. Tiny chip on 1 finger.
Day 3 - Wow. Major chips on 3/10 nails - entire chunks just came off, all 3 coats. I know it's not the clear coat's fault because I had some Revlon Silver Screen strips on the sides of the chipped nails, and they are still intact. Taking off a lippie for complete lack of staying power! Fixed up the chips with some more polish.
Day 5 - So far so good, my manicure looks around 80%. Removed it because I got bored of the colour.

RIMMEL PRICES (AUD) - Wear Maxx $10 / French Manicure $10 / 60 Seconds $8 / Lasting Finish $6

- - -