Aveeno Intense Relief Medicated Therapy Lip Protectant

4.6

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This really IS an intense relief! I live in Newfoundland, Canada where the windchill regularly dips to the low -30s in the winter. I have sensitive skin and my lips get very very severly chapped and wind burned. This stuff is my saviour! It's super nourishing to my lips and repairs damage, while being thick enough to prevent it when wearing it outside - although sometimes it thickens on my lips and feels kinda gross haha. The only draw back is that there these little exfoliating thingys in them which are kinda big and not so numerous which would be fine if they weren't so darn hard to get out of the pot. I paid roughly $7 for 7.1g at my local drug store, and will do so many times more in the future!

on 1/18/2009 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best lip balm I have used to date. I have tried many brands (Labello, Lypsyl, chapstick, Burt's bee's, biotherm...) and this one by far is the most moisturizing, especially during the worst cold Canadian winter days. I also like that it is unscented, as I found that some that I have tried left an bad taste if I lick my lips after applying.

on 12/10/2008 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I live in Canada, and my lips are constantly dry. I've tried both counter brand lip condition and drug store brand lipbalm. (Eg. Lancome, Shiseido, Khiel's, Biotherm, Blistex, Vaseline etc *The biotherm one give me major trouble and I need to spend 300$CAN for 3 times laser treatment... its been a year and I regret I did not sue the company!!)

Good Side:
1. Better long-term result. It does smooth away my dry lip without leaving white-residues!

2. Unlike other products which only provide temporary moisture. Aveeno's Medicated lip therapy actually "improved" my lip's condition.

3. The price is dirt cheap! I don't understand why some people consider this pricy? Shoppers mark up this product to around 6$CAN, Walmart is around 4$CAN! Which.... I find both prices are dirt cheap comparing all the counter brand.

4. It is a Dermatologist Recommended product! I'm a serious allergy person and this doesn't irritate me.

Bad Side:
1. There is no serious problem, only if they could make a bigger lip-tube size, so I don't have to get the Jar-version.

on 11/5/2008 9:38:00 PM

This is my favorite drug store lip balm. It's a good price, provides instant relief to dry, even cracked winter lips. When applied, your lips feel soft, moisturized (lasts for quite some time, there's no need to constantly reapply), and there's a little cooling sensation from the menthol ingredient. I had no allergic reaction to this product, and I highly recommend using it all year round. Compared to Neutrogena's lip moisturizer, which is also a very good one, I prefer Aveeno because it provides more relief from dryness.

I lovvvvvve this stuff. My lips are awful in the winter and this heals it amazingly well. When my lips are awful and chapped I just put this on and it takes the pain away. The only downside is that my boyfriend hates kissing me when i'm wearing it because he can't stand the smell. Too bad for him though because I'm going to keep using it!

on 9/2/2008 10:25:00 PM

I love everything about this. It is a little oily feeling, which I don't like (I like waxy better, feels like it's holding on for me). The scent is great. The cooling feeling/medication was a little intense for me but I have been on accutane and my lips are in rough shape. I really like how this heals though. It really makes them feel a lot better. Definitely blows away most other things I've tried.

on 6/11/2008 1:03:00 AM

I used this while I was on Accutane (havoc for my lips). This protected my bloody dried lips *sigh* with a soft texture and sweet scent.

on 4/28/2008 3:11:00 PM

This is a wonderful and soothing lip balm. It's great to thrown in your day bag and it moisturizes very well. It's wonderful relief for cold sores and it helps them heal faster. The taste is a vanilla/menthol one and the lip balm is not waxy, but has more of an oily texture.

on 4/14/2008 5:06:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

the balm i have comes in a little containter which you need to apply with your finger. it works wonders and i have severely dry lips. they're not irritated but just DRY and so much so that one can SEE it and not much helps concealing them... this stuff works it's magic, however. no need to re-apply every few minutes and it feels nice. i'm picky with lip balm because that's all my bloody red lips ever get from me (no lip stick, gloss or whatnot), this is #1 for me and my smack-a-roos. the scent is lovely, too. and the price is quite fair.

on 2/23/2008 6:31:00 PM

I saw the Aveeno Intensive Relief Therapy lip balm on sale a few weeks ago so I decided to try it out... Lately I have been very into all-natural lip balms, which this is not, but I wanted to try it out anyway. I like it decently enough; it seems to moisturize and goes on quite smooth. However, I really don't care much for the smell/taste of it. It smells like I put Vicks VapoRub on my lips (yuck) and I can taste it when I drink things. The menthol also gives a tingling effect, which I don't particularly care for in a lip balm either. I don't hate it enough to stop using it because it's not a bad lip balm, but I won't repurchase it.

Popular Lip Treatments