Cover Girl Advanced Radiance Age Defying - Liquid

3.7

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (5%) , Octinoxate (2%) Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane , Water (eau), Glycerin , Cyclomethicone , Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Diethylhexyl Carbonate , Niacinamide , Sodium Chloride , Acetyl Glucosamine , Talc , Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4 , PEG-100 Stearate , PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone , Dimethicone , Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract , Disodiium EDTA , Panthenol , Tocopheryl Acetate , Benzyl Alcohol , Methicone , Aluminum Hydroxide , PEG-10 Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Methylparaben , Allantoin , Propylparaben , Ethylparaben , Fragrance Parfum , Iron Oxides

on 5/20/2014 10:35:00 AM

I am so confused when I read the reviews for this product. I would be put off immediately if I hadn't tried it for myself before reading. I seen some say the coverage is too heavy while others say it is very light. Also seen some complain that it made them oily and others dry. So, I want to write about my experience with this foundation.

This is currently the only foundation that I have purchased more than once. I have tried just about everything you can think of. Mac, Estee Lauder, Revlon, Almay, Loreal, and the list goes on. Why do I keep coming back to this?

I have oily/combo skin with medium acne. Most foundations get super cakey looking around my nose area throughout the day because of oil. This one does not! It doesn't make me look oily or radiant even. It mattifies my skin. I believe this to be a light to medium coverage depending on how it is applied. Applied with beauty blender-light, applied with hands-medium. I wouldn't call this my HG because I'm still looking for that. This foundation is definitely my go to until I find it.

on 3/12/2014 5:07:00 PM

This is a decent medium coverage drugstore product. I tried the #115 natural Ivory color as I am a fair/cool toned gal. The shade is very very pink. I am closer to a Nars Mont Blanc shade, and this foundation was too pink. Luckily, I can mix this foundation with some other brands I've bought that were too yellow or pale. Long story short, I'd buy it again, just not this shade.

on 3/6/2014 6:33:00 PM

The coverage is heavy, so use a light hand. Great texture but bottle cannot be finished with a pump.

on 2/13/2014 5:18:00 AM

I reallllyy wanted this foundation to work for me. The texture was perfect when first applied and left my not-so-perfect skin looking flawless. But I noticed that after using it about 3 times that my skin broke out like never before. This is the only product that I can recall that has given me noticable, irritated acne. Once I stopped using it my skin cleared up in about a week or so. That said, if your skin doesn't have a bad reaction to it and isn't super oily I would give this foundation a try. If you're acne prone and in no need of 'anti-aging' foundations I would just skip it.

on 2/10/2014 9:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this product when I made an unexpected trip from Florida to Maryland in the dead of winter. My skin was flaky and dry and I needed something to moisturize and not settle into fine lines around eyes and mouth. I picked up 125 Buff Beige which is typically the range I fall into. It was a bit lighter than my normal foundation, but I finished with a light dusting of bronzing powder and it looked very good. It is best to start with a small amount and add to areas that need a bit more coverage. As for settling into fine lines, it did a better job than the other drugstore types I tried, but still seemed to settle a bit into lines. However, after about an hour, it seemed to go into skin more, and was less noticeable in the lines. Moisturizing was good. I would probably purchase again as this was a good drugstore find, but not as good as Estee or Lancome.

on 1/22/2014 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

In a nutshell: This is a lovely, creamy foundation and works well on an everyday basis. Good consitency, creamy but not too thickening. It feels great on the skin, does not look too thick or cakey. It provides SPF and gives a radiant finish. Very blend-able and does not settle into the fine lines and creases of the skin. It leaves my skin looking smooth and natural and covers up my blemishes yet still looks like I'm wearing zero makeup.

Pros:
1. Applies beautifully and is does not feel sticky nor tacky on the skin
2. Blends well and does not settle into any fine lines or creases
3. Fresh smell but does not linger on the skin for long
4. Good coverage, covers blemishes, hyperpigmentation and what not
5. Gives a lovely dewy and glowing radiant finish
6. Pump squirts out a good amount and keeps bacteria away from the product

Cons:
1. Fairly pricy for a drugstore foundation ($27 AUD)
2. Since it gives a dewy finish this may not be suitable for people with oily skin
3. Majority of the colours in this range have a bit of a pinkish undertone

on 8/6/2013 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The best foundation I have ever used. Great coverage. Super blend able. Love the Dewey finish. Smells fresh. It's just awesome.

on 7/21/2013 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Easy to blend and a little goes a long way. Provides light to medium coverage that never settles in lines. Really does takes years off. Great shade selection. Fine without a primer and even better with. Doesn't last much past the work day but it's ease of application and flawless finish has made this my go to foundation on busy mornings for years.

I've since moved on to an organic natural foundation, but before that I used this. The consistency and texture is BEAUTIFUL, very light and creamy, just delicious. The pump packaging is very effective and not wasteful. A great choice for a creamy liquid foundation and it has a pleasant scent.

on 6/14/2013 2:23:00 PM

I don't know what I was thinking buying this. My skin is not quite ready for "advanced radiance" maybe in another 20 years. This smells and is on the expensive side for drugstore. Color selection is bad all colors are pink undertones. The only things I liked about this was the pump and the foundation was smooth going on the skin, but it highlighted every flaw on my skin! It was greasy and I got like a heat rash on the side of my face and cheek. Not a good product for me.