Dior Diorskin Sculpt

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glycerin, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Talc, Cyclohexasiloxane, Beeswax, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethiconol, Hdi/Trimethylol, Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Alumina, Propylene, Carbonate, Fragrance, Stearic Acid, Methylparaben, Hydrolyzed Lupine Protein, Malva Sylvestris Extract, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide 3, Aluminium Hydroxide, Butylparaben, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Bht, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Coumarin, Carbomer, Polysorbate-20, Limonene, Ci 77019/Mica, Ci 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77492/Ci 77491/Ci 77499/Iron Oxides

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This foundation is very almost perfect!

First of all this foundation (I have the lightest shade 010 Ivory) is superb for those fair skinned women who just a bit too fair for NC-15 and most of the lightest shades in popular brands but still slightly warm toned. It's such a relief when you pump this stuff out and it comes out in a true ivory beige colour rather than orange/yellowy like most of them! 10/10 for colour match for my fair skin.

The foundation itself is beautiful. I used to swear by a matte finish but , the dewy luminous finish to Dior Sculpt is so much more flattering! Makes me look healthy. The coverage is medium but can be built up. My skin type is Normal/Dry and since I have been using this foundation I don't get dry patches anymore, it really moisturizes my face and my skin looks better when I take it off. Don't put finishing powder on top of this because it will get rid of the glow! I tried it. The only problem with this is that it is not rub resistant.

The reason why I give this foundation 4/5 not 5/5 is because I have a little problem with it. I am 22 years old and so wasn't looking for a foundation that particularly hid lines, I just want a flawless finish, but it just so happens that the selling point for this foundation is that it's meant to hide lines, 'sculpt' your face and is aimed at more mature skin. Unfortunately I find it actually sits in the lines on my forehead. It also sits in the pores of my face in the cheek area either side of my nose. I have never had an issue with pores, ever. In a dark room like when I go out for the night, it's not an issue and my skin looks gorgeous but in bright light / daytime light the pore issue is not good, makes me look older (ironically). I have tried Benefit Pore Professional underneath (which gets great reviews) and it doesn't stop this problem.

I know the above sounds a bit scathing for a 4/5 review but trust me this foundation is beautiful, and once I have found the perfect product to go underneath and act as barrier so it does not sink into my pores/lines I believe this will be my HG foundation. No foundation I have tried (I have tried many) compares to this one in terms of making the skin look amazing (apart from the little pore/line issue!)

Oh and a little goes a long way. Great stuff.

Most amazing foundation ever. I am done looking for drugstore products and buying 3 drugstore products is the same as this. Done wasting my time and money, because this covers AMAZINGLY and it makes your skin look so natural.
For a long time i believed foundation was only for special occasions because everything made my face look cakey but good in pictures
I can wear this concentrated on places that i need. Covers redness well, and any imperfections you may have. You can even use this under the eyes and it helps under eye circles
I recommend to EVERYONE. Just get a sample and you'll see
Can't believe how much better my skin looks (:

on 8/2/2012 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love this foundation. I have been using Dior nude and forever before trying this one out and i was positevly surprised. It had a very good coverage and made my skin look defy and healthy. After switching into this foundation i even got comments from my boyfriend saying how good my skin looks like.

on 4/30/2012 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a nice foundation with a medium to full coverage. It has a slight dewy finish to it, which is nice but with my more combination/oily skin, it made it look oilier, so a powder is a must for me over top of this foundation. Otherwise it looks patchy and not so great, but with a setting powder this is a great foundation! It is thick but nice. I think using a primer underneath makes it better too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my HG foundation and let me tell you I have tried them all!
Firstly, I have acne prone skin that has areas of dry patches (where I often get acne breakouts and where I have to attack with 5 % benzoyl peroxide) and areas tending to be oily (not too much thank goodness!). I also have dark acne scars which show up prominently on my NC 20-25 skin and redness from pimples/acne that have gone away but have left their “mark” behind!! Anyway, one pump of this foundation is enough to cover my whole face and provide full coverage which covers my acne scars and redness perfectly. I have just run out of this after 7 months, so depending on how much your willing to spend, the cost is justifiable and reasonable.
I have also used Diorskin nude and forever liquid foundations, and although both are very good (what do you expect, we are talking about Dior here!), I found that Diorskin sculpt has by far the best coverage (definitely full coverage), followed by nude (but with nude you have to layer to get full coverage…it’s a little cheaper, but in the long run, more expensive as you have to use more to get the result of full coverage!), forever is also amazing, but again, not high coverage enough for people with scars/blemishes wanting to camouflage them. I set this with Diorskin nude sculpting powder foundation in beige praline and I am good to go. It lasts all day, with one touch up with powder at lunch time. I don’t even need a concealer with this, either for under eyes or for blemishes….This is an all-in-one product! Using my skin as a reference, with areas of dry and oiliness, I believe that this can work for both groups as long as you use a finishing powder.
For reference I am NC20-25 and use 020. Great colour match!

on 2/19/2012 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

NC25, dry and sensitive Asian skin. Using this in 021 Linen.
Pros: Great coverage, moisturizing, nice glow, stays well
Cons: thick, however not a problem if applied with a beautyblender
Note: using a damp beautyblender makes all the difference! I've uploaded 2 pics of forever, nude, this and the capture totale, all in 021 linen. This has the best coverage and yet isn't drying for me. I also like the color of this one best, it's illuminating.

on 12/20/2011 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I received a sample of this product to try before I purchased and I'm so happy I didn't buy it without trying. This foundation is so thick. It is definitely full coverage which I usually like but this was like a mask! It accentuated all the dryness on my face (winter time + this= bad) and clogged my pores. There are definitely better foundations out there.

on 9/6/2011 3:28:00 PM

I use this in the colder months because it's too thick for summer (summer time I use Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer). I use a foundation brush and it applies easily especially if I have moisturizer and primer on.

When I wear this my skin looks flawless. It is better than concealer for under my eyes. No one can tell I'm wearing foundation. I went to get a facial and the lady who was doing it was surprised that I had makeup on because she couldn't see it at all and wanted to know what i was wearing so she could buy some.

on 7/12/2011 7:44:00 PM

ATTENTION!!!

u usually you put moisturiser or whatever on and wait 5/10 mins before foundation.
DONT with this. put it on straight away or its clay ish and too matte. you will see it adapt to your skin colour.
its amazing x

on 6/30/2011 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I went to Sephora willing to spend $$ for an HG foundation, the SA led me to Dior and Hourglass. With Hourglass she said I would need to purchase the brush as well. (so I was looking at about $100 and I was thinking no way) She applied the Dior on one side and the Hourglass on the other and had me go to different lighting etc etc... I actually liked the way the Dior looked at least for that moment. Oh well what can I say. This foundation is thick like clay consistency and hard to apply even with the best brush. It streaks and made my skin look horrible and the color was almost gray. Every pore and line became visible, I do not recommend this foundation.