MAC Satin Lipstick in Twig

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Glyceryl Triacetyl Hydroxystearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'Abeille, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil, Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Vanillin, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 6 Lake, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 21 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 3/5/2015 12:48:00 PM

It was my first MAC lipstick that I bought, and I must say, that I have not regret a bit. I am a nc20 girl and the colour looks great on me. It lasts a long time on my lips

on 3/5/2015 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I have been collecting browny pink lipsticks for the last few months it seems. A lighbulb finally went off in my head when I got Bobbi Brown Brownie that they are incredibly flattering on my skintone. So for hanging out and for work I have been using MAC Twig (Satin), MAC Fast Play (Amplified) and MAC Creme in Your Coffee (Cremesheen). Twig is the most drying of the trifecta but also the most long lasting. I love that I need not have a lip liner and I can just slap these on and go. Been loving alternating between the three but they are not identical. Twig and Creme in Your Coffee are close but CIYC is just so... buttery feeling. I love it the most of the three. Fast play has just a hint of a bit more red. In any event I will continue to use all three. I will not repurchase Fast Play but the other two will be mine FOREVAH. Well, at least for as long as MAC makes them.

on 2/18/2015 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Unpopular opinion here, but I honestly hate this lipstick. It has an unnatural finish, the staying power is weak, and the color is just not flattering on me at all. Paired with "soar" lip liner, I look like a clown that's trying to look natural, and it isn't working out. For fair, cool tones gals like me, the "Kylie Jenner lip" needs to be tweaked a bit, and I've found that "ever" lip liner and "natural" by Nyx are a much more flattering, and longer lasting, alternative.

on 2/10/2015 2:53:00 PM

The first ever lipstick I bought from MAC. It is the PERFECT nude or neutral colour. On my my medium skin with yellow undertones I feel like it pulls more of a neutral pinky/reddy brown shade - if that makes sense. I use the bullet to line my lips and then dab rather than swipe over my lips. This is just my preferred way of using it and it gives me a beautiful just bitten kind of look. I feel like I can wear this colour everyday for a natural look or as an evening party look too. Even though I only dab this lipstick on - which means I hardly put any product on my lips, I find it to be very long lasting and not at all drying as some have said. I have even used this when my lips were slightly dry and it did not accentuate my dry patches. This is a must have and probably the only lipstick I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase.

on 2/10/2015 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I've been doing the Kylie Jenner lip way before this trend ever existed. Twig is an amazing nude or neutral lipstick for women of color. I will say that this lipstick has a tendency to emphasize dry lips more than my other lipsticks so make sure you exfoliate your lips well.

on 1/29/2015 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have pale skin and very vibrant copper hair so I sometimes struggle to find lipsticks that suit my hair colour and don't clash. Twig is gorgeous!!! On me it's a deep dusty rose with a just a hint of brown in it. The satin finish is my favourite mac finish. I love that they are completely opaque and look matte without feeling matte. Twig lasts about 8 hours on me and I can eat and drink and it will still stay on. It wears off evenly and leaves a beautiful dusty rose stain behind. I love this lipstick so so sooo much and 100% will be buying this again when my current one runs out!!

on 1/28/2015 10:15:00 AM

I had this for a few weeks but eventually returned it. It only worked on me when I dabbed it on (didnt swipe for full color) so I returned it because I would barely use it. I was hoping it would be a browny pink, but instead it was a very red pink and looked like red lipstick in photos. Definitely wasnt as muted or neutral, and it's extremely drying and settles into fine lines as well. Just no. For a less red-based lipstick, try velvet teddy, faux, mocha, or brave.

Ever have that one lipstick you just can't keep track of because you take it everywhere?? That is my Twig. Grrr. I love this lipstick! It's a little dark brownish berryish color on my NW13 skin. First I bought Faux, then I decided I wanted something darker but still pretty neutral, and for me that was Twig! I think of it as my darker Faux. Now, it is by no means DARK, the pigment just shows up very well on me. I love this lipstick! The satin finishes are my favorite, and this is just the right amount of color for it to still be work appropriate, or dressed up but not trying too hard. Currently, I don't know where my twig is. I took it to Florida with me, and it might not have come back. I am so sad. I had just found it in a pair of unwashed jeans about a month ago. But on the bright side I found Faux in my car door! Sheesh. Tell me I'm not the only one losing these things... can't blame a girl for wanting to keep it touched up!

on 12/28/2014 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This color is seriously amazinggg!!!! I wear it with half red or soar liner. It looks like a beautiful pinky brown. I'm an NC 25 with yellow undertones and can wear it to the office everyday without looking like I'm trying too hard.
LOVE IT!!

on 12/7/2014 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Beautiful lip color. I like to use with SOAR or HALF RED lip liner by MAC. Use a lip primer (MAC Prep and Prime) is my favourite. One of my first lipsticks and one that I will repurchase when i'm done. :)

Recommended for Medium Skin