MAC Satin Lipstick in Twig

4.1

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Glyceryl Triacetyl Hydroxystearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'Abeille, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil, Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Vanillin, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 6 Lake, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 21 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

I bought an extra twig because I decided this for my signature in which before I was wearing a lot of ruby woo but twig is so perfect as a nude or a lil bit of color it goes good with different eyeshadows and it stays on even after eating its worth the $ and one of Macs best lipsticks for everyday wear as well as all seasons.

on 3/31/2015 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Best lipstick! Reminds me of a Kylie Jenner lip colour.

on 3/19/2015 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i'm OBSESSED with this lipstick. I just bought it a week ago and im already definitely in love. Its creamy formula made it comfortable to wear (it didn't even dry out my lips) and it smells amazing. This lipstick is very very pigmented and comes out on me as a really flattering dusty brown-toned rose (if that makes any sense). I really like using this color for hanging out or if i'm trying to 'step up' my look, because I don't usually wear lipstick as i'm only a teenager. I have a warmer-yellow undertone, and I find twig to be almost a darker, more present (on my lips) version of velvet teddy. Overall, HIGHLY RECCOMEND! repurchasing as sooooooon as mine runs out

on 3/13/2015 7:26:00 PM

This lipstick is gorgeous! I'm an NC20 and this is a beautiful mauvey, dusty rose colour on me. It's the first Satin finish lipstick I've tried from Mac and I'm really impressed - it glides over any dry patches but stays on your lips for a good few hours, even when eating and drinking. It's creamy but super pigmented, and unlike the Cremesheens (which I find to be a nightmare to apply as they sit suspended on top of your lips) you really can just swipe it on without any prep. Feels really comfortable and luxurious on the lips too. No need for a lip liner but looks great with Soar - such a sophisticated and easy look to wear!

love love love!

my first MAC satin finish lipstick purchase (I'm a sucker for their matte finish lipsticks) and I have to say I'm pretty happy!

I do feel underwhelmed but only because MAC Mehr is my favourite ever ever ever lipstick, it is a matte finish lipstick, so when I ordered Twig online the colour picture on MACs website looked completely different to Mehr, hence why I ordered. Mehr and Twig are identical colours in my eyes - only difference being the finishes!

Having said that MACs matte finish lipsticks are known for being drying so I'm still glad I purchased Twig as I think it would be a better choice above Mehr if my lips are going through a dry stage! If you have Mehr or Twig and have looked into buying the other, please don't buy based on the MACs online colour picture, go and try these first because for me they're identical and although I'm glad I have both, I probably wouldn't purchase both again at the same time!

on 3/5/2015 12:48:00 PM

It was my first MAC lipstick that I bought, and I must say, that I have not regret a bit. I am a nc20 girl and the colour looks great on me. It lasts a long time on my lips

on 3/5/2015 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I have been collecting browny pink lipsticks for the last few months it seems. A lighbulb finally went off in my head when I got Bobbi Brown Brownie that they are incredibly flattering on my skintone. So for hanging out and for work I have been using MAC Twig (Satin), MAC Fast Play (Amplified) and MAC Creme in Your Coffee (Cremesheen). Twig is the most drying of the trifecta but also the most long lasting. I love that I need not have a lip liner and I can just slap these on and go. Been loving alternating between the three but they are not identical. Twig and Creme in Your Coffee are close but CIYC is just so... buttery feeling. I love it the most of the three. Fast play has just a hint of a bit more red. In any event I will continue to use all three. I will not repurchase Fast Play but the other two will be mine FOREVAH. Well, at least for as long as MAC makes them.

on 2/18/2015 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Unpopular opinion here, but I honestly hate this lipstick. It has an unnatural finish, the staying power is weak, and the color is just not flattering on me at all. Paired with "soar" lip liner, I look like a clown that's trying to look natural, and it isn't working out. For fair, cool tones gals like me, the "Kylie Jenner lip" needs to be tweaked a bit, and I've found that "ever" lip liner and "natural" by Nyx are a much more flattering, and longer lasting, alternative.

on 2/10/2015 2:53:00 PM

The first ever lipstick I bought from MAC. It is the PERFECT nude or neutral colour. On my my medium skin with yellow undertones I feel like it pulls more of a neutral pinky/reddy brown shade - if that makes sense. I use the bullet to line my lips and then dab rather than swipe over my lips. This is just my preferred way of using it and it gives me a beautiful just bitten kind of look. I feel like I can wear this colour everyday for a natural look or as an evening party look too. Even though I only dab this lipstick on - which means I hardly put any product on my lips, I find it to be very long lasting and not at all drying as some have said. I have even used this when my lips were slightly dry and it did not accentuate my dry patches. This is a must have and probably the only lipstick I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase.

on 2/10/2015 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I've been doing the Kylie Jenner lip way before this trend ever existed. Twig is an amazing nude or neutral lipstick for women of color. I will say that this lipstick has a tendency to emphasize dry lips more than my other lipsticks so make sure you exfoliate your lips well.

Popular Lipsticks