October 25, 2014 | 1595 users online

Treatments (Face) - Burt's Bees - Baby Bee Diaper Ointment

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2008 10:55:00 AM More reviews by syeung2

A little goes a long way. Works great for soothing baby's irritated bottom. I squeeze a dab onto a cotton swab and apply to the irritated area. I apply at the first signs of redness and the next day baby's skin is fine again. Very thick cream, but it smooths out relatively easily so I don't worry about further irritating baby's bottom. The cream stays put too, and doesn't wander onto other areas of skin. Texture isn't sticky either (imagine butt cheeks sticking together). The aroma is sweet and herbal - which is waaay better than the medicine-y odor of many others. The scent is medium strength - not subtle/gentle (I can tell it's there if I sniff her diapered bottom, LOL) but not overpowering either - probably enough to annoy scent-sensitive folks, though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by innamorata

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yes, I would buy this product again, and have, even though my children are teenagers.

Why? For one thing, if you've ever had a man around the house, and said man works a hard, physical job or plays sports on a regular basis, you know that men develop rashes in a, uh, rather sensitive area. Most of the time this is due to heavy perspiration mixed with clothing rubbing on the wet skin. It's called "galding" and it's a horrible thing, very painful. This is the only cream I've found that not only protects the skin against further irritation and dries up any weeping and moisture, but heals the inflamed area while it protects it.

And if you've ever experienced a little of this yourself, ladies, due to heavy sweating and your clothes rubbing (such as pantyhose or spandex or underwear), you know the pain the guys go through. I've used this myself on red, irritated skin in sensitive areas and it really helps. I usually apply heavily, then sprinkle on some Gold Bond powder. I advise the guys to do so as well, and they say it does help. Regular diaper rash cream just doesn't work the same...I can assume it's the essential oils in this that makes the difference. It also doesn't sweat off or wash off, which makes it nice for situations which call for protection. I can wear it all day outside in the hot sun and it doesn't rub off.

I've even used it on blisters on my feet, because it doesn't rub off or sweat off. It also helps heal the skin underneath. I think this would be good on any skin that is irritated or inflamed in some way (barring a serious burn, of course).

My husband has said that some of the guys at work look at him askance in the locker room when he applies diaper cream...but they don't laugh once they've been galded and ask what that stuff was he used that worked so well. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2008 2:56:00 AM More reviews by Lita06

After applying this as a thick mask on my face for a few nights in a for, I noticed pores on my cheeks that I hadn't noticed before. I'm wondering if this ointment is to blame for the enlarged pores. Has anyone else experienced this?

For now, I will continue using it on my nose to help combat, or tame, blackheads. It does a good job with bh's ^_^.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2008 6:31:00 PM More reviews by WhereAmI

I use this as a mask to soothe my skin when it's broken out and irritated. This product does not have the delicious Baby Bee apricot-honey fragrance and, instead, smells like lavender and herbs, which I find too masculine. And I am wondering if Burt's Bees will continue to produce high-quality, eco-friendly products that are not tested on animals, now that the company is owned by Proctor and Gamble. If nothing more, Burt is a huge sell-out and I won't repurchase until I am sure no animals are harmed in the manufacture of this product.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2008 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Natashaa111

I used this before on breakouts and it hardly helped. only once did i see it made a difference. but recently i started to use aloe vera on my face everynight and i put this on top. It helps all my pimples! and overnight it would make the pimple go away and in 3 days it would leave no trace of anything! im so suprised this work. also works as an awesome eyecream with aloe vera underneath. i think it works because aloe vera increases absorbtion.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2008 8:09:00 PM More reviews by caramelkiss19

I bought this to use on acne as others have suggested. But my face broke out more than usual and I'm pretty sure it was this doing it. I'm still planning on testing it out as an eye cream and another person said she uses it as deodorant. Which makes sense in helping reduce razor burn too. So I'm still trying to find a use for this. Will update if I get any results worth mentioning!
**UPDATE nothing good happened to my face couldn't find any other use for this it was too rich and left a terrible white cast from the zinc.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2008 3:56:00 AM More reviews by hellokitty80

I have three kids and this is the only diaper cream that will clear up any diaper rash or redness. I have tried about every brand of diaper cream and this by far is the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2007 11:49:00 AM More reviews by SayItLikeItIs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My second favorite diaper rash cream. (My favorite is Triple Paste.) The smell is strong but you get used to it. My son gets horrible diaper rash where he will actually have open sores that bleed; this gets rid of it after 1 1/2 days (Triple Paste does the job after one use!)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2007 8:26:00 PM More reviews by gigatea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

love love love love love this diaper ointment!

i had my baby girl in sept 06 and i was buying creams like desitin and i hate their consistency and how hard it was to get it off. i didnot like the smell either.

then i read somewhere about burt's bees' diaper ointment and had to try it. if anything, the ingredients in the other ointments was enough to make me stay away.

i got this in the sample package first and right away, i love the smell! it light, refreshing, and very pleasant!

that was just the icing. i love the way this ointment work. if my baby have a rash coming, i use it once and can see the improvement it made in the next diaper change. in this case, my baby never had rash for more than a day or so. again i love the smell too!

i went and bought 2 full size to have at home and i recommend this to everyone i know. it works wonder that the other drugstore creams never come close.

plus i feel much better knowing i'm not putting so much chemical ingredients on my baby's skin.

if you are having a baby, definitely try this product first. you'll love it!

EDIT: just read that some of the ladies use it as a face cream! i cannot wait to test it as a face cream! thanks! :D

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2007 6:28:00 PM More reviews by kocomo

i'll let you in on my little secret...this is the best deodorant...no joke! the zinc oxide in this product combats body odor...all natural ingredients, which i dig...3 years ago i had a severe case of allergic reaction to a "natural" deodorant, so since i figured out how well zinc oxide neutralizes odor, i've been on a hunt for the most desirable zinc oxide based product. If you use the conventional zinc oxide diaper cream, you'll smell like cod liver oil the whole day, which is unpleasant in itself...eww, stinky!...this actually smells pretty...i've been really into natural essential oil scents recently and it really does smell like lavender due to the lavender extract...my armpits smell nice :)

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No