October 25, 2014 | 1900 users online

Powders - Burt's Bees - Baby Bee Dusting Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2009 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Autumn13

I loved the scent for about 3 weeks and just recently the scent is wearing on me. I'm really all not that crazy about the scent of roses..I'm more a lavender gal. But, I do love that it keeps me nice and dry and yes, my feet, too. I wear tennis shoes on the way to work and change into heel but sometimes, I get so busy that I forget to change shoes. And, this keeps my feet nice and dry. My son doesn't like it. I initially purchased it for him but he said that it's not a good smell. So, he is back on Johnson's baby powder and I'm using this one. I gave it minus one lippie because of the rscent. And, would buy it again because it keeps me dry and if I use it for my feet, I really don't have to smell it. But, if you like roses, this would be a nice addition to your daily routine on those hot days.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2009 7:02:00 AM More reviews by peony_k

Always feeling a little cheated because Burt's Bees is really pricey and rare in Singapore. I got this bottle from an online store selling natural products for Moms and kids for S$18. That's really steep for a bottle of powder but considering it's 99.63% natural, all misgivings fly out of the window. I was so eager to use it when the parcel came! I use it as a body and face powder. It is off pink in colour and smells really soothing. Not cloying like the usual baby powders. Its texture is a tad rough but I guess it is due to the cornstarch. No marks off for this because non-talc powders usually are like this, I suppose. The powder rates excellence for keeping dampness away. On the face, it keeps the oil at bay too. Usually in SIngapore's humid climate, the oil production on my face functions at top speed but with the powder, I don't get any shine, even way into the evening! Very very good! I wish the new Sephora store at ION orchard is really going to bring in Burt's Bees. The icing on the cake is... 80% of the plastic container is recycled material. That's really responsible manufacturing. Well done!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2009 7:55:00 PM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

UPDATE (2010-01): Using this fairly frequently on the armpits: on top of zinc oxide cream and a potassium alum-based "mineral salts" deodorant (Lafe's spray). Works splendidly for odour control and sweat absorption, without irritation or aluminium chloride etc. (2011-07) I've usually been OK with the scent (have lavender issues), sometimes sets off sneezes though. Currently using Avalon Organics cornstarch powder instead (just chamomile and calendula on the scent front).

Well, even in Ireland it's been warm enough to be wearing frocks (without woolly tights underneath and layers on top) and for thighs to be chafing with the heat. I know, cycling shorts and Victorian bloomers underneath are an alternative solution, but they do look a bit obvious under slinkier dresses. So it's back to my favourite body powder, that had previously taken me through several sweltering New Jersey summers.

No talc. Principally cornstarch, baking soda, and clay. All good stuff against sweat and chafing. It also smells delicious: the same scent as the Buttermilk baby lotion, milky with some caramel, apricot, and vanilla; not unlike fresh-baked French apricot tart crossed with warmed milk; a comforting smell, and definitely neither cloyingly over-sweet nor one of those artificial horrors. Easy to apply, nice fine grain, and does what it's supposed to. Cheaper than any other non-talc powder with similar composition that's to be found in Europe. Not the very cheapest in the US, but one of the more reasonable health-food-store ones, and readily available. The only powders with finer textures I'd found were rice-starch and silk-powder based, a lot more expensive (ex. the very nice Dr.Hauschka one), and not as functionally effective.

I haven't used this in hair or on face or anything else, so can't comment there. But it does do what it says on the tin. Using it on thighs, lower back, and soles of feet; plus armpits (on top of deodorant) on warmer days. Recommended.

Costs around USD/EUR 8.50 ish, GBP 7.50 for 127.6 g/4 oz. The container looks like the picture here - also comes/came in a powder-puff extravaganza (not seen for a while) that's pricier and not as good, and (North America only, I think) a 212 g/7.5 oz version. No animal testing, lots of vaunting of percentage of organic-ness, and some very silly advertising that triggered hackle-raising and growling - but it would be unfair to knock lippies off for that, as an irrelevance to how well this stuff does its job. Owned by Clorox*.

INGREDIENTS: zea mays (corn) starch, sodium bicarbonate (baking soda), kaolin (French white clay), bentonite (natural clay), powdered rosa damascena (rose) buds, powdered commiphora myrrha (myrrh), powdered ulmus fulva (slippery elm) bark, fragrance

*(ahem), though according to the company website: "You can keep counting on Burt's Bees in the ways you always have. We will always stay steadfast behind our values and commitment to making the best natural personal care products with the most environmentally sensitive packaging and nature-safe manufacturing processes. And, above all, we'll continue on with our social mission to make people's lives better every day, naturally. [...] We remain true to our mission. We take our philosophy of The Greater Good very seriously, both as a company and as individuals." continued >>

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2009 3:22:00 AM More reviews by tripoli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite powder to use as a dry shampoo, or wherever I'm prone to sweating because it doesn't have that horrible obvious baby powder smell. It's smells like candy! I also love that it's talc free.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2009 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Panther4011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this powder for myself but if I ever have a baby I would feel safe using this on baby too since the ingredients are so mild and contains no talc. It smells very soft, nothing like other baby powders. It's more of a peachy, herbal scent. It is smooth and does a great job at keeping the skin dry. I have tried other talc free powders but nothing compares to Burt's Bees.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 2:18:00 AM More reviews by hapababy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this as an oil-controlling face powder. Dust a little on before your final layer of face powder, and you'll be un-shiny for hours!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2008 10:56:00 AM More reviews by syeung2

A little goes a long way. I mostly used this between my newborn baby's folds (chubby rolls of skin) - excess moisture trapped there would turn baby's skin red - to apply, either shake powder directly on or transfer the powder using a cotton swab, then pat or smooth out using fingertips or cotton swab. The powder helped soothe the skin and promoted drying and healing. After baby outgrew that stage, the powder worked great in the diaper to soothe baby's bottom on hot days or when irritation was just starting (i.e., not bad enough to require diaper ointment). Gentle aroma. Dispenser is shaped like a Gold Bond powder dispenser, kind of elliptical body and easy to hold, with a twist-open powder shaker top that meters out the powder just right - not too much at once so you don't waste any or cause a sneezing fit. The powder itself is soft and silky and smooths out easily over the skin. I generally don't like the texture of baby powder (talcum powder feels oily and slippery to me and never seems to wash off), and IMHO this feels much nicer (it's based on cornstarch).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2008 6:45:00 PM More reviews by lolajean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a total staple for me. I use it as face powder and it gives my skin an amazing finish and sets my makeup perfectly. I also sprinkle it in my hair if it needs a boost. It's wonderful after a bath and is great on a hot summer day. The scent is heavenly! I literally use it from head to toe!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2008 12:21:00 AM More reviews by WhereAmI

After reading the reviews, I am sure this product has been reformulated. The powder I have is white, not pink or peach and it is the softest powder I've ever used. I sprinkle this all over and my skin feels like silk. In addition, the French white clay keeps my skin so clear and this product's fragrance is delicious, a soft apricot-honey scent, sweet, yet not overly-sweet. I would be so happy if the fragrance lasted longer though. *edit* I am wondering if Burt's Bees will continue to produce high-quality, eco-friendly products that are not tested on animals, now that the company is owned by Proctor and Gamble. If nothing more, Burt is a huge sell-out and I won't repurchase until I am sure no animals are harmed in the manufacture of this product.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2008 10:32:00 PM More reviews by iamtr0uble

i absolutely adore this powder! :) it is my HG! it smells SO nice & makes me feel fresh & dry. i started using powders as a way of getting extra protection for the natural deodorants such as tom's of maine & the crystal (non-antiperspirants). i was using johnsons & johnsons scented powders at first.....but i wanted to go cruelty-free with the powder along with the deodorants, so i tried burt's bees & i'm happy i did! i used tom's of maine long-lasting apricot deodorant with burt's bees powder dusted on top & after an HOUR and some of weight-training & step aerobics......i still smelled fresh! mind you, i was sweating all over, but the underarms were dry! :D i don't exactly know if it's b/c i do not sweat profusely in the underarm area buuut maybe it is the deodorant & powder working in harmony:) very very happy i found the powder! :D