Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara

3.7

on 9/20/2013 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros: not bad price (depending on how you look at it), nice volume and length, doesn't fade/smudge/flake by the end of the day, easy to remove
Cons: the formula is a little heavier, can get clumpy, it takes a little bit to dry

I don't usually wear mascara because I have dark circles, i hate touching up, and i hate it when mascaras smudge, it makes me look even more like a panda so I tend to lean for water proof. I have the normal formula for this, and i must say, I am very impressed. My eyelids are quite oily, but this doesn't smudge easily (only after a long hot and humid day, there will be some smudging). It doesn't flake off either. Application wise, it has a nice traditional brush that tend to get a lot of product clinging onto it, so I always wipe as much of it off as possible before applying. I don't like to wear multiple coats of mascara, so i find that even with minimal product, I can coat both top and bottom lashes on both eyes and get nice volume and length. If you let it dry a little before doing a second coat, you can easily build up volume at the roots, and it stays put all day. Although because it takes longer to dry and the formula is heavier, it doesn't hold a curl very well. It can hold up to a little bit of water exposure, so if you get a little teary, it won't be the end of the world. The best part is that it comes of supper easily with oil/two phased makeup removers/oil makeup removers, or even those makeup remover wipes.

on 9/11/2013 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Absolutely the best. You won't need false lashes with this stuff. No smudge, no clumps, love it. Makes my lashes look full & extended.

on 8/6/2013 6:05:00 PM

I have been using Lacome Defincils and this is the only mascara that I have ever bought that is even close to it. It's half the price and at that you just can't go wrong. Very pleased, needless to say.

on 7/24/2013 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite mascaras I've tried and the only MK product I can say I would absolutely rebuy. The worst thing about it is having to reorder from a consultant and not being able to drop by Target and pick it up. It lengthens beautifully and separates my lashes. A second coat gives perfect volume for day and a third is great for going out at night. It rinses off easily with whatever makeup remover I'm using and doesn't irritate my eyes/contacts

on 3/27/2013 5:49:00 PM

I love this mascara. I have a hard time with mascara because my eyes are very sensitive. This reminds me of lights camera lanes by tarte but with out the burn! Very happy with the volume it provides and that it doesn't flake! Love.

on 3/16/2013 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my basic every day mascara. I love that it does not make my lashes feel crunchy or heavy. It is soft, does not flake, yet comes off easily at night.

As for clumps, I always remove almost all the mascara from the brush before applying. (I do this with all mascaras. It's easier to build up coverage rather than thin out clumps. I suppose it wastes product, but you're not supposed to keep mascaras that long anyway.)

on 1/14/2013 10:04:00 PM

This is a nice mascara but, I do find it very clumpy it is really dark in color whih is great but, the formula seems to be very pasty if you or really creamy I don't know what to call it. it is a nice mascara it really does volumeize but to clumpy for me

on 12/15/2012 2:23:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is a good mascara compared to others that are out there. It lengthens and volumizes - but I will say it can make your lashes a little clumpy sometimes so I have to use a brush to break them apart. Just OK.

on 11/12/2012 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I have been using the lash lengthening mascara so decided to give this a try. I must say it gives me major volume and the look is buildable without clumping. My only concern was that the brush can have abit too much mascara when you open it so I tend to tap off excess mascara back into the bottle

on 10/22/2012 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Its a little pricey but it lasts for a long time. Its a nice consistency that goes on smoothly and the brush works well for creating volume, the one thats not waterproof doesnt stay very well though, and I hate wearing waterproof. I have had mascaras that stay very well even with the non-waterproof option. But it makes your eyelashes look amazing,