Eve Lom Cleanser

Mineral Oil, Peg-30 Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Aluminum Stearate, Cocoa Seed Butter, Peg-75 Lanolin, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Clove Leaf Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Hops Cone Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, BHT, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I love this product. I've been using it since I was 12! If you follow the instructions and do the facial massage as suggested, you really will see results.

I have probably tried 25 other high end cleansers, many of which I have loved but I always go back to this one.

- Extremely moisturising without leaving your skin greasy
- A pleasure to apply
- Smells like a spa - slightly clinical but in a good way
- Comes with a very good quality muslin cloth
- Removes makeup very well
- A little goes a very long way making it more economical than you would expect

- Packaging is pretty basic and quite clunky
- Time consuming if you follow all the suggested steps
- Tub - not the most hygienic but really not an issue if you wash your hands first!

on 1/29/2015 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have been using this cleanser for about three weeks. I had a trial size and then bought a full jar. Was curious after seeing Lisa Eldridge's video recommending it esp as a ritual "massage."

A few things - yes the smell is medicinal, like a salve. But: it's not off-putting, to me.

Yes there is mineral oil in it. Lisa Eldridge explains that the grade of mineral oil in this product is of such high quality, we should not be afraid. Good enough for me.

Yes it is expensive, but you really don't need to use a lot at all. It melts over your skin on contact and spreads beautifully. You can't help but do a little longer "massaging" because it feels so nice!

I only use it a couple times a week because the mechanical exfoliation of the muslin cloth, while soft, is too much for my skin if I were to use it every day (I also use retinol-containing products daily.) This further reduces the dent in the wallet factor.

How I use it: I threw out the complicated-looking massage technique instruction book that it came with. I start with a dry face, rub a small amount between fingertips of both hands to warm it up, and then apply all over my face (I don't go down the neck and decolletage because I'm a simple person), rubbing it in for a few minutes with dramatic massage motions (or not). Then I wet the muslin cloth in the hottest water I can stand, wring it out, and apply to my face. Soooothing.... then rub/massage gently with the muslin cloth once more over. Rinse, wipe, repeat, until you think most of the product is off. At this point, my skin is so smooth, so soft! Then, I mouth "THANK YOU ANGEL" in the mirror to Lisa Eldridge wherever/whatever time it is where she is in the UK, and then put moisturizer on to lock in the glowy.

on 1/21/2015 4:50:00 PM

Not every product works for every person. However, I have severely damaged skin on my face (water sometimes causes blistering if it is hard water). I can use this and my face feels amazing when I am done. I think that says alot. And yes, the smell is not too good, but if I can actually clean my face without having bleeding blisters, bring on all the yucky smell you can put in a jar. Sometimes when your skin is so sensitive, finding anything that does not hurt to put on is more than enough to justify the stinky smell and the price.

on 10/11/2014 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am totally obsessed with this cleanser!! I am acne prone, 30years old.
I use this once in the morning, once at night. My skin loves it. My acne has reduced dramatically, all my blackheads have dissappeard, and my skin feels super soft. So from what I have read, blackheads are made from oil so this type of oil cleanser dissolves and breaks up blackheads and removes them. I used to use a foaming cleanser for acne and oily skin but it made my skin dry. It makes sense that this works for my skin and is causing fewer breakouts because it isn't stripping my skin of natural oils, it is simply cleaning my skin and leaving it balanced.

The smell is a bit intense, like eucalyptus, with some egyptian spices but the smell is worth what it does! You don't need a lot as the product spreads really fast and easily on the skin so even though it is pricey it is worth it. It comes with a muslin cloth that does the exfoliation. I was skeptical that it would really exfoliate, but it totally does and my skin is so soft now. You dont' need any other scrub with this product. It removes ALL makeup so no makeup remover is needed anymore!! It leaves the skin balanced, soft and moisturized so if you used this cleanser and were too lazy to put on all your creams before bed, it would be totally ok.

I know it gets some getting used to, putting oil like cleanser on your skin but when you see it works you get used to it. As I said, I have acne prone skin and this oil cleanser cleared it up so don't worry that it doesn't work for oily or acne skin. I got mine on amazon.com for only $35.00 and it came with the muslin cloth. More reviews on this product on sephora.com if you want more review information.

on 8/26/2014 2:54:00 AM

This cleanser is amazing, while the price is quite dear it's certainly justifiable with the results you get from this cleanser.

I personally love the smell and the texture, now when I clean my face it's more of a meditation than anything.

What people don't understand is you go through a 'purge period' with the cleanser so naturally you may break out during the first week or so but eventually your skin will clear up and be softer and clearer than ever.

The cloths are quite flimsy but you can buy muslin for $15AUD a meter, wash, iron, cut two layers of cloth and overlock together (for those who don't own an overlocker, cut 1 long and wide strip of muslin and just fold over when washing off)

on 7/19/2014 9:03:00 AM

Tis is a very good cleanser. Probably one of the best that I have ever used! It takes off everything, including my most waterproof make-up. The smell is heavenly, the texture is divine, I thoroughly enjoy the massaging ritual when I use this, and I enjoy using the muslin cloth for a mild exfoliation.

My skin loves it. It leaves my skin soft and supple and I haven't broken out from it at all, which is rather strange seeing that it's loaded with mineral oil!

The packaging is absolutely gorgeous!

However, it's VERY VERY VERY expensive.

Will I repurchase? Probably... But only because I have a cleanser addiction and I seem to have 8 or 9 cleansers in my arsenal at any given point in time.

on 7/17/2014 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is hands down the best cleanser I have ever used. I have gone without it for a while in the past, and honestly my skin was just never ever the same, i've never looked as fresh or as clean as when I use Eve Lom. It's somewhat of a chore to use, make no mistake about that, it's not for those who like to cleanse and go in 6 seconds, that's where personal preferences come into play. Another thing I will positively say about this cleanser, aside from the obvious deep cleansing benefits, I never need to use a mask with this cleanser either, so that's a consideration to make when factoring in the cost. It lasts months, so it's a fair price.

on 7/14/2014 3:20:00 PM

Not suitable for sensitive skin, left my skin red and dry.
And don't like the smell either.

on 6/21/2014 4:05:00 PM

The original and best! I used this cleanser years ago and then returned to it after receiving a sample from somewhere or other. Where, I thought, have you been all these years? The smell, the texture, the ritual of massaging it in ... I have tried lots and lots of other balm cleansers but I would never want to be without this one.
I have also done some research on the mineral oil which is so disparaged by other reviewers - and it's really not an issue for me.
Simply a gorgeous product - and I'm still only about two thirds of the way through my sample pot.

on 6/18/2014 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really love this cleanser. At first at was put off because of the mineral oil and the price. I tried samples first and I was impressed. so i bought it and i'm really happy with my purchase.