Eve Lom Cleanser

3.5

Mineral Oil, Peg-30 Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Aluminum Stearate, Cocoa Seed Butter, Peg-75 Lanolin, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Clove Leaf Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Hops Cone Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, BHT, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

on 8/26/2014 2:54:00 AM

This cleanser is amazing, while the price is quite dear it's certainly justifiable with the results you get from this cleanser.

I personally love the smell and the texture, now when I clean my face it's more of a meditation than anything.

What people don't understand is you go through a 'purge period' with the cleanser so naturally you may break out during the first week or so but eventually your skin will clear up and be softer and clearer than ever.

The cloths are quite flimsy but you can buy muslin for $15AUD a meter, wash, iron, cut two layers of cloth and overlock together (for those who don't own an overlocker, cut 1 long and wide strip of muslin and just fold over when washing off)

on 7/19/2014 9:03:00 AM

Tis is a very good cleanser. Probably one of the best that I have ever used! It takes off everything, including my most waterproof make-up. The smell is heavenly, the texture is divine, I thoroughly enjoy the massaging ritual when I use this, and I enjoy using the muslin cloth for a mild exfoliation.

My skin loves it. It leaves my skin soft and supple and I haven't broken out from it at all, which is rather strange seeing that it's loaded with mineral oil!

The packaging is absolutely gorgeous!

However, it's VERY VERY VERY expensive.

Will I repurchase? Probably... But only because I have a cleanser addiction and I seem to have 8 or 9 cleansers in my arsenal at any given point in time.

on 7/17/2014 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is hands down the best cleanser I have ever used. I have gone without it for a while in the past, and honestly my skin was just never ever the same, i've never looked as fresh or as clean as when I use Eve Lom. It's somewhat of a chore to use, make no mistake about that, it's not for those who like to cleanse and go in 6 seconds, that's where personal preferences come into play. Another thing I will positively say about this cleanser, aside from the obvious deep cleansing benefits, I never need to use a mask with this cleanser either, so that's a consideration to make when factoring in the cost. It lasts months, so it's a fair price.

on 7/14/2014 3:20:00 PM

Not suitable for sensitive skin, left my skin red and dry.
And don't like the smell either.

on 6/21/2014 4:05:00 PM

The original and best! I used this cleanser years ago and then returned to it after receiving a sample from somewhere or other. Where, I thought, have you been all these years? The smell, the texture, the ritual of massaging it in ... I have tried lots and lots of other balm cleansers but I would never want to be without this one.
I have also done some research on the mineral oil which is so disparaged by other reviewers - and it's really not an issue for me.
Simply a gorgeous product - and I'm still only about two thirds of the way through my sample pot.

on 6/18/2014 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really love this cleanser. At first at was put off because of the mineral oil and the price. I tried samples first and I was impressed. so i bought it and i'm really happy with my purchase.

on 6/16/2014 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

The FIRST ingredient is MINERAL OIL. Which can be found in your basic cold cream. I personally use Boots Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Cream and I find I like that BETTER. My skin is hydrated and happy.

You may have to buy a seprate muslin cloth for the Boots one because the one it comes with is not as good but it's definitely worth it.

on 6/11/2014 3:28:00 AM

This cleanser is my HG. I received the Eve Lom essentials kit for Christmas, and it my god - what a treat! I work nights - and I wear very heavy makeup. Eve Lom removes ALL of it - eyes and lips included, while providing a relaxing massage for my face and draining my lymph nodes. Bliss.

My skin has never looked better. I have never enjoyed removing my makeup more! It's a lovely ritual.

A 50g jar lasted me 4 months... as soon as it ran out, I purchased the 200g jar from Mecca in Australia. At $170+ it might seem like an expensive outlay, but this will last me at least 12 months, and I don't need to purchase any toner, exfoliator or eye makeup remover either. I'll end up saving money!

You do need to stock up on the muslin clothes though - a fresh one every 2-3 days isn't realistic if you only have a couple.

I absolutely love this product. It hasn't made me break out, and my skin looks and feels fantastic. I have tried Liz Earle hot cloth polish and whilst that is good, this cleanser suits my skin. It is expensive, but as it replaces Eye make up remover and toner, I don't feel too guilty! My HG cleanser that makes me feel confident about my skin!

on 5/25/2014 12:56:00 AM

I only bought this as a up and coming birthday treat- this was prohibitively expensive. I forked out AUS$68 for a modest 50ml pot, plus one (only one!) muslin cloth.

The balm is not an attractive hue of green and the smell is an acquired taste although, I don't mind it at all. I really enjoyed using this balm as it melted on contact with my skin and the instructions on building facial muscle tone was very helpful. What surprised me the most was how "normal" my skin looked after one cleanse, I was very happy with how supple and comfortable it felt. The more it melts, the more pungent the smell gets, be warned.

After several uses, my blackheads and congestion were visibly reduced and any good skin I had looked even better- which was a bonus.

I think the product cancels out the need for separate eye and lip make-up removers which will makes it great for travelling. However, it won't necessarily save you money in the long run.

I did not give this product 5/5 because it is too expensive, in my opinion, to be re-purchasing that often. I would use this as a deep cleanse or for when I wear full make-up.

The packaging was underwhelming but I liked the minimal wastage on materials used.

I have tried the Liz Earle Balm; Lancome Baume Eclat, and Shu Uemura Cleansing oil- all of which are more affordable, smell more agreeable and gives the same results.

For the price, an extra muslin cloth would not have been too much to ask.