November 28, 2014 | 1874 users online

Cleansers - Eve Lom - Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by Klassicalkelly

I absolutely love this product. It hasn't made me break out, and my skin looks and feels fantastic. I have tried Liz Earle hot cloth polish and whilst that is good, this cleanser suits my skin. It is expensive, but as it replaces Eye make up remover and toner, I don't feel too guilty! My HG cleanser that makes me feel confident about my skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by FeminineCharm

I only bought this as a up and coming birthday treat- this was prohibitively expensive. I forked out AUS$68 for a modest 50ml pot, plus one (only one!) muslin cloth.

The balm is not an attractive hue of green and the smell is an acquired taste although, I don't mind it at all. I really enjoyed using this balm as it melted on contact with my skin and the instructions on building facial muscle tone was very helpful. What surprised me the most was how "normal" my skin looked after one cleanse, I was very happy with how supple and comfortable it felt. The more it melts, the more pungent the smell gets, be warned.

After several uses, my blackheads and congestion were visibly reduced and any good skin I had looked even better- which was a bonus.

I think the product cancels out the need for separate eye and lip make-up removers which will makes it great for travelling. However, it won't necessarily save you money in the long run.

I did not give this product 5/5 because it is too expensive, in my opinion, to be re-purchasing that often. I would use this as a deep cleanse or for when I wear full make-up.

The packaging was underwhelming but I liked the minimal wastage on materials used.

I have tried the Liz Earle Balm; Lancome Baume Eclat, and Shu Uemura Cleansing oil- all of which are more affordable, smell more agreeable and gives the same results.

For the price, an extra muslin cloth would not have been too much to ask.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by tiffanydewdrop

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This cleanser is very effective and improved the texture of my skin but it smells so horrible I had to stop using it. It smells herby but medicinal - like mothballs - my husband complained about the smell of my skin every night when I climbed into bed. Expensive too. Many people swear by this cleanser however - try before you buy!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2014 6:16:00 AM More reviews by Steph7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product did initially work very well for me. In hindsight though I think it was more just the fact that I had gone from using budget style cleansers to this so it was a bit of a novelty factor. The cleanser does have a beautiful herbal type spa scent and goes on the skin very nicely. I found the muslin cloths quite fiddly, obviously having to wash them frequently etc. they say you can clean eye makeup off with this but I personally think with the consistency it would be way too messy! Unbelievably expensive product so not sure if I'll be repurchasing but a nice treat!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2014 10:49:00 AM More reviews by AnnaG17

So disappointing. This worked wonders for the first few days, I recommended it to everyone. But then it really dried my skin out. For the first time in my life I had big dry patches. Once I stopped using they went away. Lisa eldridge uses this twice weekly so maybe ill retry it with what's left and use less frequently. But I have a feeling it's that pesky mineral oil content that caused my skin to hate this. Caroline herins says to avoid and after using this I think she's right . I did love using a balm cleanser & hot cloths though.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2014 7:30:00 AM More reviews by meru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Luckily I received a 30 mL sample of this, saved me a lot of money. It does the job of removing make up easily, but it dried out my skin and also broke me out and so I won't even finish using my sample tub.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2014 4:54:00 AM More reviews by kimminess

I got a sample pack of this cleanser, alongside the rescue mask and the morning time cleanser.

There's nothing bad about this product in my eyes, but for me it wasn't the "miracle cure" it seems to be for others. It made no real difference to my skin, which is a little spotty, and the whole routine was a bit of a pain to do if I was tight on time. If I didn't manage to get it off my skin properly, it settled in my pores and made little patches of blackheads.

I couldn't justify buying this cleanser over my usual brand, it's just too expensive for the lack of results I got.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Rachel1234

Love this! It removes all makeup easily .... even eye makeup. Love the exfoliation ritual with the cleansing cloths. I don't know how, but this really seems to make my skin glow. I know some people say it's just expensive cold cream, but it's not .... it has essential oils that are antibacterial and purifying for skin. Some say the mineral oil in this is bad .... I see clearer and more glowing skin. Some say it could clog your pores .... I see smaller pores and soft, balanced skin.

All I know is this cleanser works beautifully for me. And it's the only Eve Lom product that I actually like. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Harry1571

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I find this to be an excellent cleanser. I have oily, spot-prone skin and this really seems to calm my skin down. I use it once or twice a week with a hot cloth (I find the muslin cloth ok, but a normal facecloth works better). My skin feels very clean and smooth afterwards, like having a professional facial. I wear waterproof mascara and it removes this easily. Obviously the price is very off-putting but I think it's worth it. As it's so expensive, I would advise getting a trial sample first, as from the reviews it doesn't seem to suit every skin type.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by got_dee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I`ve been using this for a week now and it has not made me break out. Using the muselin cloths help exfoliate the skin and make it smoother. I have definitely noticed a positive difference in smoothness. And it has helped my moisturizer absorb more effectively, in my opinion. I removed make up with make-up remover. Then I shower which will help open up the pores and soften your skin. After, I do the cleansing and exfoliating with the cloth. Don`t apply too much pressure or rub for too long or your skin will tear (as like mine did a little bit). If this happens or you don`t need daily exfoliating, use the cleanser without the cloth and splash with water after. I`ll update later with progress.