July 31, 2014 | 1112 users online

Cleansers - Eve Lom - Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by tiffanydewdrop

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This cleanser is very effective and improved the texture of my skin but it smells so horrible I had to stop using it. It smells herby but medicinal - like mothballs - my husband complained about the smell of my skin every night when I climbed into bed. Expensive too. Many people swear by this cleanser however - try before you buy!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2014 6:16:00 AM More reviews by Steph7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product did initially work very well for me. In hindsight though I think it was more just the fact that I had gone from using budget style cleansers to this so it was a bit of a novelty factor. The cleanser does have a beautiful herbal type spa scent and goes on the skin very nicely. I found the muslin cloths quite fiddly, obviously having to wash them frequently etc. they say you can clean eye makeup off with this but I personally think with the consistency it would be way too messy! Unbelievably expensive product so not sure if I'll be repurchasing but a nice treat!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2014 10:49:00 AM More reviews by AnnaG17

So disappointing. This worked wonders for the first few days, I recommended it to everyone. But then it really dried my skin out. For the first time in my life I had big dry patches. Once I stopped using they went away. Lisa eldridge uses this twice weekly so maybe ill retry it with what's left and use less frequently. But I have a feeling it's that pesky mineral oil content that caused my skin to hate this. Caroline herins says to avoid and after using this I think she's right . I did love using a balm cleanser & hot cloths though.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2014 7:30:00 AM More reviews by meru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Luckily I received a 30 mL sample of this, saved me a lot of money. It does the job of removing make up easily, but it dried out my skin and also broke me out and so I won't even finish using my sample tub.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2014 4:54:00 AM More reviews by kimminess

I got a sample pack of this cleanser, alongside the rescue mask and the morning time cleanser.

There's nothing bad about this product in my eyes, but for me it wasn't the "miracle cure" it seems to be for others. It made no real difference to my skin, which is a little spotty, and the whole routine was a bit of a pain to do if I was tight on time. If I didn't manage to get it off my skin properly, it settled in my pores and made little patches of blackheads.

I couldn't justify buying this cleanser over my usual brand, it's just too expensive for the lack of results I got.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Rachel1234

Love this! It removes all makeup easily .... even eye makeup. Love the exfoliation ritual with the cleansing cloths. I don't know how, but this really seems to make my skin glow. I know some people say it's just expensive cold cream, but it's not .... it has essential oils that are antibacterial and purifying for skin. Some say the mineral oil in this is bad .... I see clearer and more glowing skin. Some say it could clog your pores .... I see smaller pores and soft, balanced skin.

All I know is this cleanser works beautifully for me. And it's the only Eve Lom product that I actually like. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Harry1571

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I find this to be an excellent cleanser. I have oily, spot-prone skin and this really seems to calm my skin down. I use it once or twice a week with a hot cloth (I find the muslin cloth ok, but a normal facecloth works better). My skin feels very clean and smooth afterwards, like having a professional facial. I wear waterproof mascara and it removes this easily. Obviously the price is very off-putting but I think it's worth it. As it's so expensive, I would advise getting a trial sample first, as from the reviews it doesn't seem to suit every skin type.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by got_dee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I`ve been using this for a week now and it has not made me break out. Using the muselin cloths help exfoliate the skin and make it smoother. I have definitely noticed a positive difference in smoothness. And it has helped my moisturizer absorb more effectively, in my opinion. I removed make up with make-up remover. Then I shower which will help open up the pores and soften your skin. After, I do the cleansing and exfoliating with the cloth. Don`t apply too much pressure or rub for too long or your skin will tear (as like mine did a little bit). If this happens or you don`t need daily exfoliating, use the cleanser without the cloth and splash with water after. I`ll update later with progress.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I received a decent sized sample of this from Sephora. It lasted for about a week (give or take) and I used it as directed. I found the instructions to be a bit comfusing at first, so I went on Sephora's website and watched the video on the product page. My complexion has been radiant since I began using this. However, I also began using Lancome Advanced Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate and Perricone MD Photo Plasma Moisturizer in conjunction with this product. Also, I'm 26 years old with zero lines or wrinkles so far. Therefore, I'm really not sure if using this product alone would achieve the same results. Once I ran out of the moisturizer, I switched to Ponds Rejuveness Anti-Wrinkle Cream in its place.
I used this product most mornings and nights (I did not use it when showering). I did not experience any irritation or break outs. I did find the smell to be yucky, and would hold my breath during application. I've noticed some people love the smell while others hate it. Even though I found the smell to be disgusting, I loved the product so much that I was able to move past that. I know others won't. I felt the pros outweighed the negative smell. I would like to emphasize the importance of using this product as directed. You are supposed to apply to product directly to your skin before using ANY water on your face or hands. THEN you wet the muslin cloth with hot water and drape it over your entire face so as to open your pores and soften the cleanser (it's a thick, waxy texture when first applied). You are to repeat this three more times. Then you wipe the product off with the muslin cloth in circular motions. Then you are to apply the cloth to your face with cold water so as to close your pores.
That's a lot of work for merely washing your face, which is why I deducted a lippie. Also, the price is a bit steep. ($50 for a small jar, $135 for a large jar.) I do really love this product and may end up purchasing it after all. If you're looking for an effective skin care regimen, I would give this system a shot.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by yummytofu

It's not terrible but for the price it is atrocious. It made the texture of my skin really rough and dry, despite it's so called 'moisturizing properties'. It made me break out a little but nothing crystic , just little clogged pores! It didnt do anything drastically terrible but it was never a 'must have' product for me , something I'd only use if all my other cleansers ran out. Bottom line: I'd give this a miss if I were you.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No