April 16, 2014 | 2037 users online

Eyes - Make Up For Ever - Liquid eyeliner

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2002 6:19:00 AM More reviews by Naiad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to love this... hell, put eyeliner and "forever" in the same sentence and I am beyond excited. However, it smeared like crazy on me and I seemed to have an oddly difficult time making it go on in a nice, thin line. I much prefer Pupa's liquid liner when the night calls for some serious liquid eyeliner action.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2002 7:24:00 PM More reviews by AmandaMPC

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I've had my MUFE color liner in basic black for two years and never reviewed it, but I just used it again for the zillionth time today, (such a little bottle but goes such a long way!) started to think about how much I like (and yet rarely buy, much less review,) MUFE products, and decided it was time to rave about this particular item. I do a defined-line look on my upper lids once every couple of weeks or so with this; it's a simple way to bring out depth and shape without having to fuss with a lot of shading, blending, etc. What I love most about this liquid liner, as opposed to others out there, is the uniquely-shaped spongy-felt applicator, which is wide at the base (to absorb as much product as possible, so you don't "run out" halfway along the eye) and extremely pointy at the tip. Provided you have the requisite steady hand, you can get an exquisitely thin line with this; and the staying power is simply amazing. I have never had this stuff flake or fall off - ever, even when applied over powder shadow. And, as if all that weren't enough, it comes off like a charm (way more easily than oily-ish pencil liners) when you're ready to cleanse. Okay, now that I have "reminded" myself about how terrific this liner is, I think I may go on a little spree and expand my selection into some of the great colored varieties of this that MUFE makes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2002 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Helen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The colors are gorgeous, but they do flake and smudge.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2002 12:01:00 AM More reviews by lmschwab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wasn't impressed with this eyeliner. The color selection is nice, and I really like the pointed sponge 'felt-tip' end as opposed to a brush. However, I've found that it doesn't go on evenly at all - when you first start to apply it, it's really ultra intense, but then fades out and you have to apply a second coat in some places. The staying power is HORRIBLE - it flakes off and smudges like crazy! Definitely not worth the unbelievably expensive $19 it costs at Sephora!