Avene Cold cream ultra-rich cleansing gel

Avene thermal spring water, disodium cocamphodiacetate, myristic acid, peg-7 glyceryl cocoate, coco-glucoside, glycerin, sodium cocoyl isethionate, isohexadecane, cocamidopropyl dimethylaminohydroxypropyl hydrogenated collagen, sodium lauryl sarcosinate, ceteareth-60 myristyl glycol, beeswax, cetyl alcohol, orange oil, glyceryl stearate, propylparaben, rosemary leaf oil, salt, styrene/acrylates copolymer, triclosan, xanthan gum

on 1/29/2012 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I use this Cold Cream Ultra Rich Cleansing Gel as a body wash. My husband the same. We like the fact that it isn't drying, it rinses off without much effort and I can see that it is actually removing dirt off. After reading some of the reviews here, I am afraid to use this on my face because it does leave some sort of film and I rather it doesn't and allow my serums or moisturizer to do it's job. We purchase this on regular basis for shower wash only.

on 1/26/2012 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

OHGOD THE SMELL. Can't stand the overly synthetic orange smell, but luckily it fades away as soon as I wash it off.

I use it as a body wash and face wash when I don't wear makeup. It cleans well and rinses without leaving a film. The skin on my back is now softer and less bumpy.

The 400ml bottle comes with a pump which is really nice.

Love this product, but the smell is reaaaalllly horrible. Going to try LRP Lipkar Syndet next.

on 11/1/2011 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

My favorite cleanser, this helps soothe my dry skin and rosacea without causing any new breakouts. It's gentle, thick, and without any fragrance. It cleanses away all of my makeup well and the only CON is that it can really sting your eyes so be careful.

on 8/2/2011 5:17:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought a big tube of this when I was traveling in Paris and ran out of my staple Paula's Choice One Step for dry skin cleanser. At first it worked well, but something in this irritated my skin and it looked clogged and dull after a few weeks. So I put it away, tried it a second time a few months later with the same results. (However, this is fantastic as a shower gel-- cleans well, easy to use, and very moisturizing on my body skin. I happily used up the tube and would purchase another for body care if I had easy access to Avene. But for my face, no.)

on 7/5/2011 5:17:00 AM

I totally love this cleanser, no problems for my extremely sensitive skin. I already used two bottles of it, and that's saying a lot as I hardly ever purchase the same product twice, I always like to try something new, but this cleanser is perfect for me and I would always go back to it. The consistency is nice, it washes off completely without stripping the skin of its natural moisture, not harsh at all, a nice gentle cleanser that doesn't give me any bumps or pimples or rashes, and tons of other cleanser do. Great cleanser, would recommend.

on 6/27/2010 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I thought that I had found my HG in this cleanser. I bought it in the winter based on reviews here - a moisturiser had proved clogging and I wanted to try a milder cleanser to reduce my need for a moisturiser during the severe frosts. At first it seemed ideal. It is lighly scented, very gentle, foams beautifully, takes everything off and seems to rinse clear away. I even used it in the shower - it soothed sensitive neck and eased the dryness on my legs which I get every winter when the weather is severe. However, although the rest of my face cleared after discontinuing the clogging moisturiser and upping my actives, the very oily skin on my nose and especially my chin just got more and more clogged, with ever increasing breakouts. I reluctantly realised that this cleanser simply wasn't strong enough to cope with my very oily areas. My skin does not like myristyls, so perhaps it was the myristic acid in the formulation which caused the problem. I still use it to remove eye make-up, as it is so gentle, and I will use it in the shower in cooler weather. If you are not as oily or clog-prone as I am, then this is one of the best cleansers I have ever found.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is just a great cleanser , pure and simple. I think it's good for all skin types for an effective yet gentle cleanse, especially for dry/sensitive skin. The texture is very thick and creamy, and it has a nice, delicate scent. This is effective for makeup removal, and never dries out my skin( unless it's winter, then sometimes it can be a bit drying). The only downside I can think of is that this is not easy to rinse off, and that can be annoying when I'm tired and just want a quick cleanse. Otherwise, this is great for my delicate skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This cleanser is great for all skin types.
For dry/sensitive skin: it doesn't strip your skin of your natural moisturizers, and it doesn't strip the upper layer of your skin. Don't use too much though, and watch how much you're lathering it - if you lather too much it might be too much for your skin
For oily/blemish prone skin: it works in conjunction with acne treatments, because it's gentle, yet cleanses effectively. It lathers up well, which is why it works for all skin types.
It also contains a really nice scent, a sort of sweet, herbal scent - if you don't like that sort of thing, than you probably won't like the smell of this cleanser. Overall, a very good cleanser.

on 2/20/2010 6:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This has been my HG cleanser for about three years. It's very mild and doesn't dry me out but still manages to cleanse my skin and my skin feels good and smooth after using this. It's a very basic cleanser but I really like it because many cleansers tend to dry me out or give some discomfort, but this does not. I tried another Avene cleanser, the gentle gel cleanser, but to me it wasn't all that gentle so I went back to this. I usually buy it when I'm in Germany, they have it in almost all the drugstores over there and it's also really cheap. The only downsize is the packaging, I hope they can change it because I usually get too much product, especially in the beginning when the bottle is full.

Edit: So sad this has been reformulated, the new formula is horrible. The texture is runny and if this gets in my eyes it stings like a bitch. I think it might sting less if you pour dangerous cleansing chemicals in your eyes. With the old formula I could basically open my eyes with this in them and didn't feel it. It might have something to do with the very, very pungent new perfume, which is overpowering and makes my nauseous, it also lingers on the face after I've rinsed it off for like an hour. I can't deal with this anymore, so the search for a new great cleanser begins again.

on 11/23/2009 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I believe a good cleanser is a basic cleanser that cleans well ... I do not need anti-aging, whitening .. blah blah ... because we do not let cleanser sit on our skin… this is a very good cleanser – cleans well, great package, no fragrance, and non-drying, reasonably priced. My skin is a lot clearer after I switched to this. Will definitely continue to repurchase!