Dr. Bronner's Magic All-One! Organic Lip Balm - Naked

4.5

Not tested on animals

Jojoba Seed Oil*, Avocado Oil", Beeswax", Hemp Seed Oil", tocopherol (*Certified Organic).

on 3/28/2013 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is good if you like all-natural, unscented lip balm. It only costs about $3 at a health food store, the packaging is very functional, and the balm only has five ingredients: jojoba oil, beeswax, avocado oil, hemp oil, and tocopherol.
The consistency of the balm is kind of slippery and acts more protective on your lips rather than absorbent. I've tried sleeping with it and it doesn't work so well as a night moisturizer unlike some of the other balms I've tried. However, it provides a smooth finish under lipstick, which is why I use it.
It comes off easily when you're doing something like eating or drinking or kissing, which means that you have to reapply.
I don't really like the consistency of it, which is why I'm not buying it, but if you're looking for something very natural and unscented, you might want to give this lip balm a shot.

on 3/21/2013 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am super picky about my chapstick, I like mine to not be so slippery and I like the waxy feel of most, it prevents me from chewing the bottom of my lips or licking them. This one has slip like no other, and although when I first tried it, I was like nooo it's so slippery, I'm going to chew on my lip for hours! I actually didn't. It's been a couple of days and I'm really suprised. And despite how slippery it is, once it wears off, I don't feel the need to reach for it again and reapply. You know how that happens, when you've layered your chapstick on, when it starts wearing off, you feel it and then you have to reapply...it's so not with this, which I am so suprised about. And add some points to this because no whiteheads on my upper lip! yay.

on 9/28/2012 1:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love Dr. Bronner's soap (peppermint) so I decided to try the lip balms. I have this one to wear under lipstick, and the peppermint at night. They are moist without being greasy and stay on much longer than other lip balms. I like that they are organic and don't interfere with lipstick application.

on 9/27/2012 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Its meant to be unscented but has a musty mouldy herbal and honey scent which I find absolutely revolting. Also this made my lips feel super sensitive and far worse after using it. I even tried using when my lips were in great condition for a bit of moist gloss at night and after using it my lips felt sore and tender on both occaisions.

Ingredients: Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Beeswax, Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil, Tocopherol

on 8/23/2012 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

HG lip balm for nightly use. Very moisturizing, no after taste & long-lasting. Love the slip, it's natural ingredients (no petroleum), & lack of fragrance. Since I ran out, I've had to deal with dry & cracked corners of the mouth (ouch). Only under $3 on the Web.

on 4/17/2012 3:09:00 AM

This is my HG lip balm! The best stuff I've ever used! My lips love it so much!!

The best lip balm I've ever used on my severely cracked lips. I have 1 tube in my nightstand, 1 in my bag and 1 in my school bag. I try to remember to always have a tube of this on me wherever I go. What I love most about it is it's exactly the way it is labeled, which is naked. There is no color, no scent, no flavor. It works amazingly well for just a basic lip balm, it really moisturizes my lips! I have this bad habit of gnawing on my lips when nervous, anxious, frustrated or just feeling whatever... so my lips are always raw, bleeding, chapped, you name it... and this stuff really takes care of my lips.

on 11/20/2011 7:56:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've found my HG chapstick. I like switching chapstick brands, but I think I'm sticking to this one in the future. FYI, chapsticks with ingredients that irritate you also make your lips redder and fuller---but also swollen, dry, and painful. Dr Bronner's moisturizes so well my lips feel so soft. The balm sinks in and has ingredients like olive oil and avocado oil, so I feel safe eating and knowing I'm not accidentally ingesting something like petroleum or have the balm transfer to my food. It's a mid-range price for chapstick, and cheaper compared to other natural chapstick brands. I think it does have a herbal/vegetable oil scent, but for me the smell fades into the background easily.

It does its' job so well I end up using it less because my lips don't need it.

on 10/20/2011 7:21:00 PM

I was looking for a non petrolatum based lipbalm, as after using years of vaseline my lips were always dry and cracking. I was thinking of trying the weleda, but this one looked interesting and was a bit cheaper. Simple packaging and small, organic ingredients list.

When I bought this, my lips were cracked, peeling and bleeding. After one day's use, they were mostly healed.

The con for me is that this has a very strong herbal scent - I don't understand all the reviews saying this has no scent at all. 'Unscented' can simply mean no added fragrance, which leaves me smelling the hemp seed oil.
I do know that through using a scented lipbalm daily, you forget that it has any scent, so I am hoping to get to that stage.

Next time I might try the orange if it smells better, but at this stage will definitely repurchase a dr. bronner's balm.

Edited to add - no problems with this balm, and one tube lasted me four months, applying regularly.

on 8/26/2011 5:09:00 PM

Not greasy, just moisturizing, with natural ingredients. Great stuff.

Popular Lip Treatments