December 19, 2014 | 826 users online

Lip Treatments - Dr. Bronner's - Magic All-One! Organic Lip Balm - Naked

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

I love Dr. Bronner's soap (peppermint) so I decided to try the lip balms. I have this one to wear under lipstick, and the peppermint at night. They are moist without being greasy and stay on much longer than other lip balms. I like that they are organic and don't interfere with lipstick application.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Its meant to be unscented but has a musty mouldy herbal and honey scent which I find absolutely revolting. Also this made my lips feel super sensitive and far worse after using it. I even tried using when my lips were in great condition for a bit of moist gloss at night and after using it my lips felt sore and tender on both occaisions.

Ingredients: Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Beeswax, Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil, Tocopherol

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG lip balm for nightly use. Very moisturizing, no after taste & long-lasting. Love the slip, it's natural ingredients (no petroleum), & lack of fragrance. Since I ran out, I've had to deal with dry & cracked corners of the mouth (ouch). Only under $3 on the Web.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by estetika

This is my HG lip balm! The best stuff I've ever used! My lips love it so much!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by looseygooseyiamnot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The best lip balm I've ever used on my severely cracked lips. I have 1 tube in my nightstand, 1 in my bag and 1 in my school bag. I try to remember to always have a tube of this on me wherever I go. What I love most about it is it's exactly the way it is labeled, which is naked. There is no color, no scent, no flavor. It works amazingly well for just a basic lip balm, it really moisturizes my lips! I have this bad habit of gnawing on my lips when nervous, anxious, frustrated or just feeling whatever... so my lips are always raw, bleeding, chapped, you name it... and this stuff really takes care of my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by p1um3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've found my HG chapstick. I like switching chapstick brands, but I think I'm sticking to this one in the future. FYI, chapsticks with ingredients that irritate you also make your lips redder and fuller---but also swollen, dry, and painful. Dr Bronner's moisturizes so well my lips feel so soft. The balm sinks in and has ingredients like olive oil and avocado oil, so I feel safe eating and knowing I'm not accidentally ingesting something like petroleum or have the balm transfer to my food. It's a mid-range price for chapstick, and cheaper compared to other natural chapstick brands. I think it does have a herbal/vegetable oil scent, but for me the smell fades into the background easily.

It does its' job so well I end up using it less because my lips don't need it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by cadbury

I was looking for a non petrolatum based lipbalm, as after using years of vaseline my lips were always dry and cracking. I was thinking of trying the weleda, but this one looked interesting and was a bit cheaper. Simple packaging and small, organic ingredients list.

When I bought this, my lips were cracked, peeling and bleeding. After one day's use, they were mostly healed.

The con for me is that this has a very strong herbal scent - I don't understand all the reviews saying this has no scent at all. 'Unscented' can simply mean no added fragrance, which leaves me smelling the hemp seed oil.
I do know that through using a scented lipbalm daily, you forget that it has any scent, so I am hoping to get to that stage.

Next time I might try the orange if it smells better, but at this stage will definitely repurchase a dr. bronner's balm.

Edited to add - no problems with this balm, and one tube lasted me four months, applying regularly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by 4711

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not greasy, just moisturizing, with natural ingredients. Great stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by shortea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Loooooooove this stuff!! I forgot I had bought 2 of these (1 peppermint & 1 naked) and I stumbled across them the other day and now I am loving them more than my usual Burt's Bees peppermint balm! It glides on much better, and keeps my lips feeling moisturized for longer (Burt's feels way more waxier in comparison, IMO). I think I found my new stash balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by htibbetts

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Picked this up at Henry's Market in the checkout line. Wow! Best lip balm I've ever used. I chose the Naked (unscented,unflavored) because I wanted something to use before bed and I was a little skeptical of the other "flavors." But after reading reviews of the Orange Ginger and Lemon Lime, I'll be picking those up next time I'm at Henry's. All natural ingredients and very moisturizing. I put this on at night and when I wake up in the morning, my lips still feel amazing. Love this.