Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm

3.0

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, sunflower seed oil, coconut oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor), honey, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil, benzyl benzoate, coumarin.

on 1/16/2015 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Rating this product simply on its delivery of moisturizing and softening the lips, 4 stars. It does have a tough grainy texture, however it softened my dry chapped lips and made them pump. It is a very waxy lip balm indeed, no slip or oily texture in this one (I prefer the waxy texture as it clings to your lips). Now, the smell...yes I too was taken aback by it. I was honestly expecting something borderline fragrance-free with a tinge of sweet honey? Nah. Too me this has a sharp almost floral kick alongside a baby powder/slight honey note. The floral note in this one closely resembles lilac IMO. Anyways, good lip balm with an odd scent, and the scent being the only reason I wouldn't buy again.

on 1/4/2015 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love most Burt's Bees products, but this is garbage. The texture is not smooth and it has this foul, sour smell (like vinegar or sweaty feet). It's not good at all.

on 12/20/2014 8:22:00 PM

Warning: EWW DISGUSTING! I consider myself pretty picky when it comes to lip balms and for a good reason... Another lip product I'll never use. My sister took it. I can't stand this lip balm. The smell, the taste, the texture. The original Burts Bees is the Bee's Knees... But this, just NO. Don't waste your money this ish nasty.

on 12/20/2014 3:29:00 PM

I've got very very sensitive lips. The smell is blah and my lips got all red and itchy. It took me two weeks to heal them. But I'm VERY sensitive..

on 12/14/2014 4:27:00 AM

I absolutely love this! A few weeks ago, my lips started getting unusually dry to the point where it would crack every time I smiled. It looked a lot like eczema, but on my lips. (Note: this has never happened to me before). I tried a few different lip balms, from EOS to a balm I got from a samsung booth, but nothing was working for me. I suffered with this condition for about two months before I decided to try this product of desperation and within just 3 days, my eczema-like lips were completely healed! I don't think I'm going back to those other balms for a while. I totally recommend this product!

on 11/16/2014 10:28:00 AM

I picked this up on a whim when my last lip balm ran out, and I'm not too crazy about it. The balm has a very waxy fragrance and texture when I put it on, and the feeling lingers for quite a while afterwards.
So it's not the most comfortable lip balm i've ever tried, but it does do the trick in keeping my lips from drying out, which is a good thing in the winter.

on 8/15/2014 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Well, My lip is always dry. I don't think this one solve this problem.

on 8/15/2014 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used to use these way back in the day thinking they were great but I have found them to be okay. I found much more moisturizing lip balms since then with no chemicals. This has a waxy texture and smells like wax to me.

I don't think this line is worth the price tag it has gone up to.

on 8/13/2014 3:34:00 AM

I rotate between this and my trusty Lip Smackers. This feels a bit thicker, so it lasts on the lips longer. The honey scent is really strong (if you like L'Occitane's Miel et Citron, you won't have problem), but this balm does a really good job keeping my lips from peeling and cracking.

on 8/10/2014 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this particular flavor! I used it awhile ago so I don't remember the particular details aside from its moisturizing texture and great smell. I usually apply this before bed and in the morning after my skincare routine. I find it to be very effective - I usually don't apply it throughout the day. I have to admit that I like this one the best out of all the other flavors. I'm currently using the Pomegranate one and while it has a nice smell, it feels very heavy on my lips. It's hard to find a middle balance between applying too little or too much. Sometimes I wake up with a greasy film on my lips and I have to wash it off. However, this is a pretty great product and I recommend it.

Popular Lip Treatments