December 22, 2014 | 1811 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by catisblushing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just one lipstick for this one, because it completely ruined my skin during the time I was using it. Never has a product broke me out so badly like this one did - painful cystic pimples all over my chin that lasted for about 4 days and then left a huge dark mark behind them. The backheads on my nose got worst and I had small pimples on my cheeks too. However this did do a good job cleansing the skin and made it feel soft. The smell didn't bother me and the texture was like lard, but it did turn into a silky oil that was easy to remove with water. Once I stopped using this and switched to another cleansing balm (Balance Me) the break outs completely stopped and my skin cleared up.

Of course I would never buy it again because I don't want to have really soft skin with huge cystic pimples, I just want clear soft skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Nabihah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One word... AMAZING! Used this for the first time today and it makes taking your makeup off a dream! It feels like an oily balm at first but melts all your makeup off beautifully. It doesn't leave an oily residue behind either. I have very dry skin and it left my skin feeing soft and smooth but thoroughly cleansed at the same time. Would definitely repurchase again

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2014 12:54:00 AM More reviews by nuggetdevourer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing cleansing balm! This is my first foray into the world of cleansing balms and I'm impressed. This removes every scrap of makeup and sunscreen and removes waterproof eye makeup like a charm. I've used cleansing oils in the past and this works similarly to a cleansing oil but is actually travel friendly and doesn't run down my arms.
The only thing preventing me from repurchasing is the absurdly high price ($55 in Australia. Waaaay too high a price for a makeup remover/pre cleanser).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

Amazing!! My Father bought this for me, found out it is USD$28 but he's the best & this is so worth it (& I qualified for the GWP!). I use Clinique 3 step skincare (bar soap, oily skin cleanser, the #2 toner, dramatically diff moisturizing gel, all about eyes & this!). My skin has never looked better & this balm is so effective at taking off all my makeup & it's easy too. I just use a small amount rubbed into my face & then rub it off w a clean washcloth soaked in very hot water. That is all! I was surprised how much better (& easier) it is to remove all ur makeup w this than makeup remover wipes or baby wipes & how much the wipes don't actually remove. When I go over my face w the "2" toner there is nothing on the cotton round left over & I've not had a single blemish nor eye sties (from left over eye makeup!). I will definitely repurchase this product, I never want to be without this stuff neither, it's much better than a cold cream like ponds coz it doesn't clog my pores like ponds or albolene is too heavy for my blemish prone oily skin. It's gentle, unscented, no dyes that I can see, but this stuff works great & even if ur tired at night ladies you can manage this b4 falling exhausted into bed. My HG used to be Olé Henriksen orange wipes & while they are good this stuff is so superior. Usually when I find my HG it gets DC'ed so I hope this doesn't happen to me coz this is totally my HG. It dissolves oil, makeup, waterproof eye makeup, bacteria, just leaves ur skin so fresh, clean, not oily but not stripped, just perfect! It looks like it would travel well, I like the packaging it's classy typical Clinique. Just a lovely product. You need this in your life if you wear a full face of makeup on a regular basis like I do!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Gimmesandyy

I honestly just started this tonight and I can honestly say I am in love and can see it being in my skin routine for a very very long time! I used to use the Dermalogica precleanse and I was a big fan of that but for the price you pay and the amount you get.. It wasn't worth it. I heard a lot of great things about this cleanings balm and it takes off all my makeup without my eyes burning or drying out my skin. Everyone needs to try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by tigerh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this about two weeks and I'm pretty impressed - it removes all makeup including mascara really well. The balm turns into an oil whe you rub it on your face but it rinses really well. Just be careful to wash it off especially near the ears as I think it can clog if not washed off properly. I've sometimes used normal foaming facewsh afterwards but I mostly use the balm alone. It was great when I had an allergy from neem oil as the balm is so bland and gentle that it didn't irritate my skin at all but still got rid of all my makeup.

On the downside, I have no need for the bottle of Bioderma nor the Toleriane cleaner that I bought last year. TTDO balm is my new favourite!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by therose12

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

PERFECT...Cleanses better than anything I have ever used.

I apply a dime size amount and It melts the makeup off, I then tissue off and then use a cotton ball damped with Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel, to remove any traces of makeup left behind.
I have very sensitive skin and this cleanser is great!!!

Update: I had been using this to take my makeup off at night and then using the comforting cream cleanser(now discontinued) in the morning to make sure my skin was extra clean, but I think I like this in the am too....your skin feels so good and I use Thayer's alcohol free witch hazel as my toner and then moisture surge gel or intense and my ultra sensitive skin looks great!

I miss the comforting cream because it gave a little extra moisture, but I think this twice a day will be fine.

Pros: No breakouts or irritations
Cleans all traces of foundation off face

Cons: NONE

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I recently started using a Merle Norman long-lasting foundation. I was finding that it was hard to remove with my trusty makeup removing wipes. I recently returned a foundation from Sephora. I didn't have a receipt, so they gave me the refund on a giftcard. I had some time after work yesterday, I decided to go to Sephora to see if I could find something to use it on. A very helpful and friendly SA asked me if she could help me. I told her that I wanted to find a new makeup remover. She recommended this cleansing balm from Clinique. She also told me how to use it. Which was helpful. If she hadn't, I wouldn't have had a clue how to apply it. When I opened the container, I was expecting a cream. But it's actually a solid. But once you rub it on your face, it turns into a liquid. I was amazed how how well this makeup removed everything. With my makeup remover wipes, I was having to scrub to remove the Merle Norman foundation. The Merle Norman is my HG foundation, so there is no way I was going to quit using it. I was also a little concerned that it would leave a residue on my face, or be too drying on my face. But it wasn't at all. I splashed some water on my face and it came right off. My face felt clean and smooth. It didn't feel overly dry or tight. Yes, this balm is a tad pricey at $28, but in my opinion, it is worth every penny. I will definitely purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2014 6:29:00 AM More reviews by aizmaskas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This was my first cleansing balm and I have run through 3 jars. It is a very luxurious feeling and rich cleansing balm without any smell, excellent for removing makeup, cleansing my face and giving myself a facial massage.

Pros: doesn't give me any breakouts
excellently removes makeup and cleans skin
excellent for facial massage
just feels good

Cons: price a bit high for a facial cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Catfink90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have only been using this cleanser for a week but so far I am amazed with the results. I didn't need to powder my face at all at work today (I usually need to several times due to how oily I get) so I feel like it is helping to balance out my oil production. This removes every trace of makeup and leaves my skin feeling squeaky clean but not dry or tight. It's also started diminishing the appearance of some blocked pores on my nose that I thought I would never get rid of, and people at work are commenting on how clear my skin looks! I have never paid this much for a cleanser before (it is $55 in Australia), but if it continues to give me these results I will continue to purchase!