August 21, 2014 | 967 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by dem7201

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have bought this product 3 times now, so I feel confident in my review. I love the way this takes make up off. I pre-cleanse with the balm and then cleanse with my age appropriate cleanser. I feel this allows the beneficial ingredients in the targeted cleanser to have a better opportunity to work their magic.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by muzukashii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have enlarged pores on and around my nose. They get clogged up easily, and my skin usually is bumpy and uneven because of this. I've used cleansing oils, I regularly exfoliate, but nothing has ever unclogged my pores so effectively yet gently as this! Long story short: I absolutely love this! I've said "my skin's never been better" on several occasions prior, but I'll say it again, and mean it this time: my skin's never been better! It's smooth and even, no more clogged up pores and bumps. I love this for its luxurious feel when I massage it onto my skin, and the way it takes off even the most tenacious make up as well as waterproof sunscreen with such ease without irritating my skin.

Oh, I usually double-cleanse and go over my face with the Bioderm Sensibio Micellar solution afterwards just to make sure. Not sure, however, if this is even necessary.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by chessieleigh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I almost never write reviews - I'm content to read. But after my bad experience with this, I had to. I loved the texture and feel. But almost immediately after using, my eyes turned bright red, tearing and itching. I was hoping it wasn't the product and maybe something ...else? So I gave it another shot the next day. Same thing, along with swollen, puffy lids. Awful! Thank goodness for Sephora's return policy.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by sciencegeek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I know everyone and their cats seem to be using a cleansing balm to cleanse in the evening. Call me old fashioned but I don't really like to use a greasy substance on my face (this actually looks and feels like lard). This did an excellent job at removing makeup. No doubt. But I also felt like I had to rinse it off forever... The next day I had a white head. Can't say that this was the cause, but it bothers me to know that I am using something so rich in lipids on my skin... But if you like balms, go for it. It's a huge tub, unscented and works! You only need a tiny bit so it's excellent value for money. I would probably use it if I had dry skin. Even though this product is not for me, I am giving it 5 lippies because I can't fault it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by maisonsteffi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Very effective in removing makeup but caused major breakouts on my acne-prone skin. The first ingredient in this balm is Ethylhexyl Palmitate which is incredibly comedogenic. I have stopped applying this on my skin and instead been using it to remove waterproof mascara and eye makeup. This takes the most waterproof of mascaras very easily. The balm does not sting my eyes but causes them to blur temporarily when I haphazardly apply this. I will repurchase this out of laziness to look for alternatives in removing eye makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 9:38:00 AM More reviews by Sklocker1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely LOVE this cleansing balm - perfect for pre-cleansing! It is pretty much odor-less and takes away every bit of make-up (even water-proof mascara and stubborn foundation) effortlessly. It washes off nicely and quickly without leaving a residue. I have been using this for 4 weeks not and have not had any break outs or issues.
The only remark I would have (but is by no means a make or break for me) - the balm did not remove long lasting, matte lipstick all the way through. There were still some bits left in between creases - nothing a little toothbrush can't fix in a sec.

I would definitely buy this balm again! Every day I look forward to going home to take off my make up!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by BlondeInDelhi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Takes all makeup off without irritating even eyes, rinses clean, and doesn't cause pimples. It also lasts a long time. I've been using it about 5 times a week for about 4 months, and I'm only about quarter a way through the tub.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by SleepyMilotic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this daily to remove my sunscreen (and makeup when i do wear it). It does a really really great job of gently removing makeup/SS. No harsh rubbing needed, just a gentle massage. Does not break me out or leave my skin feeling dry or greasy. Does not sting my eyes at all.

It has the texture of semi-solidified coconut oil in the jar, and once you begin to massage it onto your face it melts into a coconut oil like lotion. A little goes a long way. I've used it almost daily for about 1 month and am only 1/4 of the way through the jar. It's a bit expensive but at least it lasts a while.

Will definitely purchase again! No other makeup/SS remover has compared

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by JMG2012

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have searched high and low for a makeup remover that works well without killing my skin and this is it. I can't believe that it took me so many years to find it. I wish the container was not so big (for traveling) but then again I use this every day so I want a lot of the product. A little goes a long way so this will last forever. Does not irritate eyes and works with waterproof makeup perfectly with tugging, pulling and other issues. LOVE IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by kamiller1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is some good stuff! Doesn't break me out and it's very good at doing it's intended purpose...take your makeup off in one swoop. It's great for sensitive skin-no fragrance or parabens. It is rather pricey (about $30) and it's a tub, so if hygiene is a concern to you, this isn't gonna work. Other than that, this is a great product and would buy again if I have the available funds!