October 24, 2014 | 1687 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Smashbox - Backdrop Cooling Tint

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2008 2:22:00 PM More reviews by juliet92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

when i bought this, it was on an impulse :P and was a bit pricey - HK$275, actually very pricey for a tinted moisturiser, but i wanted to try it. and i wasnt disaappointed! though the coverage was sheer, it evened out my skin tone nicely and it doesnt feel heavy at all! it says it's cooling but i really didnt notice any cooling effect but that doest matter too much, and with SPF 15 i can skip the sunscreen. i put this on when i'm not bothered to look made up (which is quite a lot of the time), i just put this on, some concealer and loose powder, n i'm good to go! though it's pricey, i'd buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2008 10:06:00 PM More reviews by pandapee

I was first introduced to this product last February when I attended the Smashbox Tokidoki event at Nordstroms. Before that, I had no idea what 'tinted moisturizers' were, and I had never worn foundation or any sort of face makeup. I'm real glad the makeup artist tried this on me! She gave me the #1 fair beige color and it matched my fair Asian skin very well. I have pretty good skin most of the time, and this helps to even out my skin tone. It goes on very sheer and light weight so you can hardly feel it when it is on. It gives off a cooling sensation after putting on, which I love because it totally wakes me up in the morning. Not to mention it has SPF 15 and is very blendable, so I usually just throw some on and go. It stays on pretty well all day, and doesn't make me oily. For night out or special occasions, I just add some powder on top and I'm ready to go =). I will continue to repurchase as I'm currently on my second tube, and my first tube lasted me a whole year!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2007 3:12:00 PM More reviews by superha74

I use this over my Dr Feelgood(I have very oily T-zone) and the combo of the two leaves my skin feeling fresh and cool all day. I do need more coverage than this offers so I set the Backdrop with my MAC Studio Fix powder. I also used this on my Mother-in-law who's going thru menopause and she said this product changed her life...she buys 2 tubes at a time just to make sure she has enough on hand! As for the eye irritation, why would you want to put something with camphor near your eyes? Would definitely buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2007 1:55:00 PM More reviews by littlemissrae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wasn't impressed with this product at all. I found the cooling sensation to be unenjoyable, and found that my skin mildly broke out. There's a number of Smashbox products that I would recommend, but unfortunately, this isn't one of them.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2007 10:50:00 PM More reviews by iheartbunnies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought it because I love Smashbox, they have a colour light enough for my skin, and the "cooling sensation" sounded like a good idea since I usually wear tinted moisturizer in the summer.

The "cooling" actually made me sweat! My upper lip would sweat like crazy every time I used it before I even left the air conditioned house. Don't even think about getting it near your eyes, not just the lids but underneath as well. If I managed to avoid those areas it was ok, the colour is very good and coverage is just about what I was looking for. But what good does that do if I can only use it on 75% of my face? Also the smell is pretty sunscreeny, and not the tropical kind.

This is not the worst product ever, but it is too hard to use, especially when there are so many other easier cheaper better options.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2007 6:00:00 AM More reviews by kpvl0607

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

bought this a while ago coz im so sick of bobbi brown fading before my eyes.. though its light, its weak as well..

im an nc 42 in mac an i bought 4.. the SA insisted on the healthy fx but i chose this one coz im on a budget and in the philippines it costs php 1,350 = 32$... well.. i applied it today... no coverage but it calmed my skin. calm meaning it cooled my skin from within.. feels like i slkathered camphor on my face but its waking me up ...i topped it off with a powder foundie.. and the look is smashing.. in a positive way..

il update if ever theres a pimple createed by using this..

btw im super oily, acne prone...

and its 51.8 ml..

good enough for everyday use

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2007 6:30:00 PM More reviews by sakecat22

My idea of makeup is sunscreen and clear lip gloss.

That said, I like the way this product slightly evened out my skin after it absorbed for a minute. I also like the cooling sensation.

There are 2 things that keep me from being super-excited about the product. 1) I start breaking out if I use it 3 days in a row. 2) The foundation seems to separate if you don't store it on the lid. The separation doesn't seem to impact how it works - but I find it disconcerting.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2007 3:43:00 AM More reviews by peacheso

I love Smashbox, but this product was not working for me. The cooling sensation was nice, however I broke out like I was 13 again. I had very painful and noticable blackheads. I had to purchase 2 other skincare products to help clear them up. Ask for a sample before purchase because it's not cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2007 2:13:00 AM More reviews by lipglossmc

THIS STUFF IS AMAZING. Not only is it light, sheer, and just moisturizing enough for warm summer weather, but it has an SPF, a fun tingle, and it actually gives decent coverage. It certainly isn't a foundation, but to that I say, if you're looking for a foundation, go buy foundation! This stuff is amazing and absolutely perfect for summer. I would cut off my little pinky for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2007 4:48:00 PM More reviews by molly111

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i was searching for a TM with SPF and narrowed it down to L.Mercier and Stila. i went to Sephora and talked to the SA about my concerns with oil (i get moderate t-zone oil and it drives me nuts). she recommended i try the Smashbox. she got the right shade (#2) and put a dab on my hand so i could feel the cooling. it was pretty neato. so off i went. i love that its cruelty-free, the consistency is perfect, not watery but not so thick you can't blend. coverage is decent for a TM, i think. its not foundation or concealer, it won't cover a giant pimple, just evens me out nicely. i used it on a warm day (not real hot though) and cut my parents' grass - no streaky no sweaty no oily during, right after or even at the end of the day! the cooling...well i probably wouldn't have spent $30 on it had i realized you can't put it on/near the eyes (where we probably need the most sun protection) but i do anyway (carefully!) and the tingle is a little overwhelming in that area, but i'll deal with it to not get wrinkles/sun damage. this stuff would be a 5 if they would take the cooler out so i could use it freely on my eyes. not sure yet if i'll buy again. *EDIT 5/23/08* i got tired of the cooling effect, so i went back on my search. found my HG TM-cosmedicine honest face. perfect for my combo skin, and no annoying coolant stuff (which often felt like burning to me). returned my back up smashbox and exchanged for more honest face.