Skinceuticals Daily Sun Defense

4.1

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (5.0%), Zinc Oxide (5.0%) Water, Cyclomethicone, Diisopropyl Adipate, Synthetic Beeswax, Hexylene Glycol, PEG 40 Stearate, Polyacrylamide, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Beeswax, Dimethicone Copolyol, PVP/Eicosene Copolymer, Sorbitan Tristearate, Propylene Glycol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Glyceryl Dilaurate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Steareth 100, Laureth 7, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben

on 9/26/2009 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

it moisturise my skin won't clog pores no out break,but it take a while to even out the whiteness on my face after i use it. but it is too heavy.

on 6/19/2009 8:04:00 AM

I brought this about 2 months ago and will keep buying.

I was using 30SPF previously in Ultraceuticals and Clarins brands most recently but they left a fairly thick residue on my face which of course is no good!

The girl in the shop explained as I was about to purchase the SPF30 the SPF20 is better as it does not leave the shine and isn't so thick She was right-on.

This works perfectly under my makeup and over moisturiser - it doesn't leave makeup flakey and I don't get a shiney face - I think it's awesome stuff and the price is great too.

on 4/4/2009 2:46:00 PM

I have a hard time being responsible about wearing sunscreen because even the expensive and/or European lotions and creams that I have tried are all just too uncomfortable. Now I'm finally being good! This is the first sunscreen I've ever found that doesn't sting at all or leave my face feeling even a little bit smothered. It's true that it does seem a bit heavy going on, in that it takes a little while to absorb and dry completely (not twenty minutes, though, for me -- by the time I've brushed my teeth and hair, I'm ready to apply makeup). But once that's done, it feels like nothing at all. Skin is soft, non-irritated, and free to breathe. My skin isn't especially oily, but it is certainly acne prone, and this has caused no problems at all in fall, winter, and spring weather. I'll have to wait and see if summer stickiness makes a difference, but the performance and wearability are already so much better than anything else I've tried that I'm very happy indeed.

on 2/23/2009 4:32:00 PM

I made a looooot of research trying to find the best sunscreen for oily skin, I finally decided to give Skinceuticals Daily Sun Defense a try since all the good reviews at MUA... well....I just can't believe how greasy this is, it leaves my face with a shiny cast and the cream its way to heavy, even when I wait around 5 to 10 minutes for this to sink in before I start to apply my make up, there is still a lot of greasiness and shine, I have to take a Blotting Paper and pass it on all over my face again and again, I'm very dissapointed :(

on 1/18/2009 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

After reading the great reviews I decided to try this. I've used this daily for a month, and I love it! Its quite thick, but its not greasy, doesn't leave a white cast like some other sunscreens, and doesn't break me out.

I adore this sunscreen, which I have been using nearly every day for the last five weeks. It is extremely gentle, smells good, and moisturizes enough so that I don't need another moisturizer but it is light enough that I can reapply it every couple of hours - and, last but not least, it doesn't ball up. I am spending a lot of my summer by a swimming pool and even though I wear a hat and I try to stay in the shade, I need serious sun protection. I wish this had a higher SPF but the combination of stable chemical sunscreen and zinc as a physical blocker is very effective, and I just apply it frequently. I also really like how this does not sting or irritate my face the way most chemical sunscreens do. I feel as though my skin has gotten brighter and clearer since I've been using it - maybe it's the zinc, but I really like this. I will probably need more moisturizer if I continue to use this into the fall, however.

on 3/1/2008 12:02:00 AM

This is the only sunscreen product I can use on my face. Its the only one that doesn't break me out or make me oily, and even makes my skin look better. It is a moisturiser as well so you don't need an extra product. I use this in the morning over my Phyto Corrective Gel, and sometimes CE Ferulic.

I think it is great value for money since you get a moisuriser and sunbloc in one. A little goes a long way, and its a large tube which should last quite a while. I've been using it all summer and I think it will probably last me another 6 months at least.

I have also used this to convert a too-thick-foundation into a tinted moisturiser. I mixed about 1 part of the Daily Sun Defense to 1 part foundation in a little jar and now have the perfect sheer tinted moisturiser with sunblock.

on 1/30/2008 3:19:00 PM

This was my first Skinceuticals product. I've been using it for over a year now. I love it! It is expensive, but lasts a pretty long time. Plus, it's got an SPF 20. I love knowing that my face is protected. I use this as a moisturizer. Some people may use this as a sun-screen and then use an additional moisturizer over it, but I feel this alone is enough moisture for my skin. It goes in really well too, doesn't leave any streaks.

I've noticed it also helps makeup go on smoother. I put this on, wait about 2 minutes, then put on makeup. No breakouts, rashes or irritation from this. It's worked really well for me!

on 11/18/2007 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this sunblock! Before this I was using the Ultimate SPF 30 and that was an an HG. But since I don't spend too much time in the sun...I realized I didn't really need the high spf. So I switched this one. To me it seems like the same consistency as the spf 30. In the mornings I wash my face, tone, apply SkinC vit C, B5 gel and this sunblock. My skin just loves it!

on 10/12/2007 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is a great SPF for the face. I like how it has both chemical and physical spf ingredients. Most Zinc Oxides leave a white film that takes forever to fade. This has transparent Zinc Oxide so you can throw it on and leave the house without a white face. Applies well. Excellent product!!!!

Top Rated Skinceuticals Products