September 2, 2014 | 1671 users online

Highlighters - Fresh - Satin Luster

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2007 4:37:00 PM More reviews by tracy1031

when I got my makeup done by the fresh gal, she used this on me. I didnt realize how pretty it was until i got home... and since I dont live near a sephora, i just went down to my aveda and bought their shimmery sticks ..which are OK but no where near satin luster. At face value, a little expensive BUT think about it, you get 3 pans of them, all super pretty colors, and they last quite a while. super pretty, natural, very fine shimmer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2007 7:04:00 PM More reviews by katmu1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this highlighter palette for about 3 months and you only need a tiny amount. It seems expensive at $45 but this should last a very long time. I use the white shade right under my brow bone, and the peach or pink on my cheeks. Of the three shades, the peach is my favorite. Very subtle. I really like the compact, very elegant but occasionally hard to open. This ties with my Becca shimmer powder as my HG for the lit from within look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2007 3:44:00 AM More reviews by tenderheart003

So so pretty. This will never ever make you look like a disco ball. I only wear highlighter for special occasions, but if I wanted I could wear this during the day without worrying about looking like a grease ball. The white shade is a bit stark for my NC30 skintone but the peach and rose shades are gorgeous. The texture is on the dry side and has great lasting power on skin. I know $45 sounds expensive, but for three great quality highlighers that's only 15 each! The pans are good sized and I will probably never have to buy highlighter again :p

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2007 12:06:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've avoided most highlighters because they end up making my skin look more oily than luminescent. Finally found something that works for me with Fresh's Satin Luster Palette. Beautiful shimmer creams that actually create a true glow instead of the obvious glitter - I actually see this almost "lifting" my complexion. I look more awake and less sallow...it kinda reminds me of that "Birth of Venus" painting by Boticelli :D ~These give a true soft focus effect which I've never achieved with any highlighter I've tried. Looks wonderful whether I'm outdoors or under indoor fluorescent lighting. There's not much of a color difference amongst the three shades against my skin - white, pastel peach & soft pink - and it doesn't matter which I use on the eyes or cheeks. They're all great, and as always Fresh has beautiful packaging on all their cosmetics.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2007 10:27:00 AM More reviews by northender

You know a product is great when it is never up for swap. This sleek pink metallic case houses three large pans of shimmery cream highlighter that blend like a dream and makes your skin look like it is glowing from within. The three colors are pale ivory, peachy champagne (bellini anyone?), and dusty rose. I use the palest shade as an eyeshadow base and use the peach and rose shades on the normal places (cheekbones, nose, forehead, chin). The cream just blends into your face making it look naturally flushed with just a hint of shimmer. I don't mind paying $45 for this palette as Fresh makeup is supposed to be more all natural than most (ok, I believe their hype). The case is sturdy and has a large, high quality mirror. UPDATE: the pale shade is an awesome eyeshadow base. I wish I could give this product 6 lippies.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2006 6:12:00 PM More reviews by vogue92

I first discovered the wonderful world of face highlighters in a palette done by Sephora. I don't remember the exact name but that doesn't matter because they dont make it anymore :( Compared to my sephora highlighter this one made by Fresh is the next best thing. It's very expensive at $45 dollars but I reason with myself because it will last forever. Especially because you get three shades to go along with any look your trying to achieve. They are really fun to play with and really top off your look. The product wears well and is long lasting and high quality. It's a product I will repurchase and I'm really happy with. As I mentioned earlier the only downside is the price but whatever when it's a good product - right?!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2006 12:48:00 PM More reviews by piggiejan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

picture shows the satin lustre shades swatched against skin, plus a how it looks like if blended into skin.

the palette is GORGEOUS - all the three pearly pastely shades housed in that lovely casing is enough to make me want it. it is a cream to powder - although in the pan it is dry to the touch and i personally feel that it does not feel like a cream at all - more like a powder, but then again it is definitely not a powder. however, it is very easy to pick up the pigment with fingers and its also very easily blended into skin. the shimmer as you can see from the picture, is nothing excessive (but it was a light application) so its great if you dont want obvious sparkly shimmer on your face. its also lovely to use on eyes as a highlighting shade. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2005 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Suki73

This is nice but it is pricy. I purchased mine during the recent Sephora FF sale and was hoping to have as much luck with this as with my "Here Comes the Sun" bronzing palette, which was worth every penny. This includes three shades of highlighting cream in a super-cute mirrored palette. Fresh always has the cutest packaging, especially the boxes, and this is no exception. The shades include china pearl (white), peach butterfly (champagne) and winter rose (pearly pink). Of the three my favorite is probably the peach butterfly, though they're all pretty. This palette offers moderate shimmer that isn't too over-the-top for day, though I prefer more sparkle for evenings. Nice light texture and creamy but not greasy. This is definitely an indulgence, as I find I get similar (if not better) results with my $6 Revlon Gleamer stick. Nice splurge, but there are other viable options available.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2005 6:49:00 PM More reviews by lola610

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So expensive it's absurd but so incredibly pretty! But I suppose Nars Copacabana is $36 and for $45 here, you get three colors instead of one. Either way, Fresh is notorious for those exhorbitant prices (what were they thinking with that V Tonic collection!!!) but this actually was somewhat worth what I paid for. The packaging is pretty, not gorgeous mind you, but just substantial enough to survive in my bag and not open up at inopportune times. The star, of course, are those three simple yet impossibly beautiful colors (white, pale pale peach, and pink) Without sounding too enthusiastic, but Fresh somehow was able to put luminecense into a compact! Not the dewy tropical kind of glow I get from my Scott Barnes facial mist but a more polished and elegant and I think "wintry" glow that I would want to use to liven up the more powdered and matte complexion for colder temperatures. While I don't necessarily adhere to using only certain colors for certain seasons, I do personally believe that the different season call for slightly different complexion. Matte just isn't right for the summer just as dewy to the point of wet isn't right for the winter. The texture is divine too, a powdery gel that sets easier over makeup and hence this compact deserves a spot in my crowded bag because it does work wonders transforming a day look into an evening one without smearing up aging makeup... the Nars stick that I've been loyal to for the last three years is definitely more slippery. I have nothing but praises for this product and I'm glad that I got over the sticker shock. While there is no good reason why this should be $45, it still is worth every penny... kind of like a good pair of Christian Louboutin pumps.