September 16, 2014 | 1825 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - Almond - AMANDE Concentre De Lait Milk Concentrate Body Cream - Almond Line

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This lotion smells very nice and is very pleasant to use. It goes on smoothly and absorbs quickly. However, I was expecting something more for the price. This matches any drugstore brand of lotion. I also noticed that the lotion caused me to break out a little bit on my back. Overall, this is an average lotion with an above-average scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 9:42:00 AM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i received the hand creme in the tube as part of my november glossybox.
i feel instantly in love. it smells amazing, goes on like a dream, absorps immediately & leaves NO residue behind. it really is the perfect hand creme. i could not rave about this more.
highly recommended!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by lisegolightly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Yes, it's ridiculously expensive. Thus I don't use it for all-over body cream, but for my arms (KP) and chapped elbows. I keep the beautiful jar at my bedside table and slather up after a bath (I use Trader Joe's Coconut Body Butter for the rest of my body). So I get the scent, which I love. It's gorgeous, pricey, and I need to make it last as long as possible! UPDATE: I'm almost through the jar, and found the scent is beginning to bug me. I'm loving my Trader Joe's $5 Coconut Body Butter instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Nadia2r

i absolutely love this cream
it keeps the skin super soft
its amazing and it smells sooooo good
i only have 2 notes on this product
1st it would be so much better if it didnt come in a jar
i wish it was in a tube or a bottle
2nd its a bit pricey but its worth it

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by erica420

The smell is SOO GOOD. Very moisturizing. I love it, but I can't say that about the price. Pretty expensive considering I'm tall and have extremely long legs (so i use a lot of lotion haha)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by tinalebelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG body cream! I am obsessed with the smell, the way it makes my skin so soft and supple, and the adorable jar it comes in. I am in my mid-twenties, so it's more about preventative firming more than restorative and I still see a difference in tone and texture. The smell lasts all day and is subtley sweet and warm at the end of the day. I am on my third jar and although dipping my hands into it every time is not ideal, the jars are so pretty that I use them as decoration in my apartment to hold votive candles. Love, love, love.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by livfullofjoy

This is the BEST cream. The lotion just soaks right in without any residue on top. LOVELY stuff. And I am one who goes nutty for the scent. I love it.

The only reason i gave it a 4... it's overpriced. 10 dollars less and i'd live in the stuff. I ask for it on my birthday, xmas, and mothers' day. So...

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2010 5:25:00 AM More reviews by kellysha

Bought this to use with the Amande Firming paste scrub thingy. What an absolute disappointment. The smell isn't great, its overpriced, just not impressed! Its moisturising, but so does other creams!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 7:38:00 PM More reviews by wishclover

The Price:
First of all, I totally agree that the price of this product is a bit extreme. Luckily, I keep receiving this as a gift throughout the year because my family knows how much I love it. Otherwise, I don't think I would be able to afford it!

The Moisturizing Effects:
As a body cream, this is amazing. I have very dry skin and this is immediately absorbed and doesn't have that sit-on-top feeling I hate so much. It leaves a silk-like feeling to your skin after it's been absorbed. Another reason I love this cream so much is that the almond seems to calm my skin a lot. I am very prone to irritated skin after shaving, and this calms my skin immediately and even calms my razor bumps.

The Firming Effects:
Be forewarned, I do not believe that this cream tightens and firms skin at all! I don't know why it is advertised like that. If you have dry, easily irritated skin then I can promise that giving this a try will be well worth it.

The Smell:
I'm not crazy about the almond smell, but it's not bad. Apparently a lot of people go crazy for the smell. To me it just smells like an average lotion!

The Packaging:
I like the packaging, because I can better control how much I want to use. With pumps, I hate that you have to pump quite a few times to get enough lotion for big areas like legs and arms. With this packaging I can dip my finger in for moisturizing my hands or take a small scoop for my legs.

The Bottom Line:
I do wish this had some SPF in it or had an SPF counterpart. The sun is starting to blaze and I have found my skin becoming irritated, so I have to keep this as my night cream and go for an SPF day lotion. When it comes to a great moisturizer for sensitive or dry skin, this is a staple. I can't imagine not having this in my routine. It's worth the investment!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by definesinister

The scent is not obnoxious like Lush's product counterparts (eg: Smitten). Smell is somewhat like almonds and cotton mixed together. I told the SA at l'occitane that 4 reines creme only lasted me at most 2.5 months, she said "OMG your skin is really dry then." So she suggested this or the ultra rich body cream. She informed me that ultra rich cream is for sensitive skin (again, I get kinda itchy from using 4 reine, prob b/c of the sparkles). I chose this over the ultra rich body cream since ultra rich creme smells like shea butter 20% hand cream. As a product, it really delivers on my scaly KP skin. I guess my skin feels toner and firmer as well *shrugs. I'm assume the almond line is more for older women with saggy skin. I was tempted to buy the almond supple skin oil with it, but decided that I could get that later if this works out on my skin. So far so good. I hope this lasts me over 2.5 months, if it doesn't then I'll have to get ultra rich creme as a last resort. I did test both on my arms and I'd have to say ultra rich would be great as an overnight cream due to greasiness. Amande would great for the morning. Despite liking the scent of 4 reines creme, it didn't give me the satiny feel of amande, 4 reines just felt like siliconey rather than silky, I guess thats why my skin was somewhat irritated using 4 reines. I remeber on the 4 reines box the ingredients were mostly silicone. Majority of moisturizers do have silicones for the silky feel. But I've been told silicones are just films added on top of the skin, hence no real improvements for real skin problems. Hence, the plastic feel on the skin, like it has a slip but not like silky-feeling skin. Not that this product doesn't have silicone in it, IT JUST HAS LESS and is more focused on almond ingredients. I will test this for firming on parts of my body that need it.

**Update** So i bit the bullet and pretty much bought out almost the whole almond line. I got the exfoliating soap, almond tonic body oil (i believe this is fairly new), almond milk veil (lighter version of milk concentrate cream, and is fairly new). I still have this concentrate. So today is my first time trying the oil, milk veil and milk cream all together. I have to say I'm pretty impressed. The oil doesn't leave me greasy, the milk veil leaves a slight sheen to the skin (glittery particles - similar to 4 reins), and the milk concentrate on top. Overall my skin feel soft comfortable and smells delicious. I will be doing a review on the milk veil, body tonic oil, and exfoliating soap. Repurchasing as I do not think I will find a replacement for this... I just hope that I don't have saggy skin when I'm old LOL

**update** 10/22/10 I'm almost done with this jar! Yes most definitely a HG cream... seems anal of me to even go out of my way to have smooth and firm skin and using all three products, but I love the amande collection that much! :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No