L'Occitane Almond - AMANDE Concentre De Lait Milk Concentrate Body Cream - Almond Line

4.3

Aqua/Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Methylsilanol Mannuronate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Protetin, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Extract, Jaglans Regia (Walnut) Seed Extract, Parfum/Fragrance, Cetearyl Glucoside, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Carbomer, Sodium Polyacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Mannitol, Ethylhexylglycerin, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Menthyl Lactate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Sodium Metabisulfite, Sorbic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Xanthan Gum, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Tocopherol, Limonene, Linalool, Coumarin

on 10/19/2013 10:27:00 AM

I´m a bit torn about whether I would repurchase. I had two samples and it really is a nice treat for the skin. It has a wonderful, melting consistency, a very pleasant, subtle scent, it hydrates nicely and it even claims to firm the skin. The only turn off for me is the price - just too high for a body product that I use everyday, and - let´s admit it: it doesn´t work miracles, no matter how luxurious it feels. But yes - I liked it a lot and maybe someone could give it as a present to me for christmas?! That would be great :-)

on 10/18/2013 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a TOTAL splurge for me. I bought it with a gift certificate a friend gave to me because I specifically wanted a body cream that was splurgey. I wanted the whole thing: beautiful packaging, beautiful smell, non-greasy but very moisturizing cream. I got everything I was looking for with this. I don't get play-do with the smell, just almond milk. It's perfect for me as I tend to like gourmande scents but hate it when they are too sweet (which is most of them, IMHO). The cream sinks in quickly, the scent lasts a long time, and reminds me of France and all sorts of beautiful things. If you're looking for an every day, non-splurge item, stick with drugstore lotions, but for that beautiful pot of amazingly scented high quality lotion, take this treat into consideration. For my normal/dry hands, it moisturizes better than Jergens or Lubriderm. That on its own isn't worth the price tag, but the quality, packaging, and scent together are worth it to me.

on 9/26/2013 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This smells like sexual healing on me. Like playdo and sweet butter. It feels like silk and when I'm wearing it, I feel like I'm 19 again in a luxurious French paradise. If you have the skin chemistry for this like I do, it takes you places. Good luck.

on 7/12/2013 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

OMG people quite whining about the damn glass jar! What are we dealing with a bunch of 2 year olds? What does your perfume come in? Plastic? Handle it with care! Goes without saying.. geez no wonder companies feel the need to label the sillica gel in our handbags with 'DO NOT EAT'. Okay i'll help all you glass fearers out... " DO NOT HANDLE UNNECESSARILY',... 'PLACE ON A FLAT SURFACE' .... 'SCOOP WITH ONE FINGER, PLACE BOTTLE DOWN ( on said flat surface) WHILE DOING SO' Geez.

On to important things. Delicious scent. Great moisturizing abilities, no allergic reactions
( on me.... and i do break out in rashes quite easily with most cosmetics)

Cons= That damn price.. i mean really L'occitane? Im not above paying premiums for things that work but last time i checked Almonds were not in danger of extinction...and are not a delicacy, and can be found virtually anywhere... and, and, and... so please, pray tell, why the heck is this cream so bloody expensive again? Yes it is good quality and with that comes a cost but REALLY? Are we getting a little greedy here? If i go out looking for something else, it will be to find a better value for the price cause honestly you dont get much for what you pay. Yes its divine... but so is Laura Mercier's bath and body line and she is so much more generous with her magic creams... take a hint L'occitane, i'm finding it hard to justify buying this product.... in spite of my love for it.

on 7/1/2013 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is really luxurious moisturiser. Maybe I'm crazy but the fragrance reminds me of play-doh. Not what I want to go around smelling like :)

on 5/20/2013 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pros: 1) Scent, it's divine something I really adore (it's very light and soothing)
2)Very moisturizing and not overpowering (compliments my perfume, I do not like heavily perfumed creams)

Cons: 1) Price, obviously a ridiculous $46 for the large as of (4/2013) except I was silly enough to buy it and continuing to buy it for the scent alone

Extra: I know others do not like the heavy glass jar but it's something I don't mind because I'm old fashioned and I like nice packaging.

Recommendation: try a sample first, it will hook you and you'll contemplate the price, but if you have the money... dive in. A little goes a long way

on 3/28/2013 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a so so moisturiser. Not the best I have ever used but for the exorbitant price it should be. Comes in an attractive but totally impractical heave glass jar. Scent is divine. I would buy for the scent alone but even I would think buying such an expensive cream for the smell rather than its effectiveness would be crazy stupid. I bought the oil from the same range and what I do is squirt a bit of the oil into my palm and the scoop some cream from the jar to apply. This is an accident waiting ti happen. Both containers are glass and my hands are slippery......the oil and cream mixture is a better moisturising experience but as that oil is also expensive I will not be buying that again either.

on 2/15/2013 11:21:00 PM

This lotion smells very nice and is very pleasant to use. It goes on smoothly and absorbs quickly. However, I was expecting something more for the price. This matches any drugstore brand of lotion. I also noticed that the lotion caused me to break out a little bit on my back. Overall, this is an average lotion with an above-average scent.

on 12/10/2012 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i received the hand creme in the tube as part of my november glossybox.
i feel instantly in love. it smells amazing, goes on like a dream, absorps immediately & leaves NO residue behind. it really is the perfect hand creme. i could not rave about this more.
highly recommended!!

on 12/5/2012 10:45:00 AM

Yes, it's ridiculously expensive. Thus I don't use it for all-over body cream, but for my arms (KP) and chapped elbows. I keep the beautiful jar at my bedside table and slather up after a bath (I use Trader Joe's Coconut Body Butter for the rest of my body). So I get the scent, which I love. It's gorgeous, pricey, and I need to make it last as long as possible! UPDATE: I'm almost through the jar, and found the scent is beginning to bug me. I'm loving my Trader Joe's $5 Coconut Body Butter instead.