December 18, 2014 | 1776 users online

Gels/Soaps - Philosophy - Candy Cane 3-in-1

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 6:10:00 PM More reviews by sunshine1424

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is pretty good. I got it as a gift for christmas. The scent is really wakening in the morning. It has a pleasant scent so it is a great way to start off your day with. I wouldn't really use this as a shampoo. It doesn't work well. The scent doesn't last on your body, but would you really want it to be that strong? You wouldn't want to be a walking candy cane. Overall, this product is worth a try

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2009 12:07:00 AM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great TRUE Candy Cane scent. Peppermint, being one of my favorite scents, I couldn't pass this one up! It reminds me of Christmas time and decorating the tree and putting the Candy Canes on then sitting around a fire...just a great scent that stirs up great memories. I, myself, do feel a tingle but nothing bothersome with this scent. My only complaint, and the reason I deducted a lippie, is like most 3 in 1's the scent doesn't last after the shower....if I did this would be a 5 for sure!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2008 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a true candy cane scent: not too strong, not too sweet. The lather is rich and even a bit creamer than some other Philosophy gels I own. The brand tends to repeat scents, so this one is marketed as Candy Cane in the winter, and also led a summer life as Empowermint. It's invigorating and cooling without ever causing that menthol-burning feeling. I've deducted 1 lippy because it scores a 5/10 hazard rating on www.cosmeticdatabase.com.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 7:49:00 PM More reviews by addysmom

This is a staple during the holidays. I don't think I would use any other time of year. My kids love it also. It does tingle on your skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2007 9:55:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This does smell like a candy cane or a Brach's peppermint candy. It is not overpowering peppermint but rather a sugared mint scent. The scent does not linger at all. It is a nice scent to have around the holiday time. As a cleanser it performs like an average body cleanser; I would not wash my hair or take a bubble bath with this formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2007 8:05:00 AM More reviews by april4

this stuff is so great to use around the holidays. the smell is invigorating

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2007 9:15:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The Philosophy 3-1 are actually fun if you have younger children who you have to fight to bathe LOL ----- I have three children and they are addicted to the 3-in-1. I have Candy Cane, Cinnamon Buns and Hot Chocolate Cocoa and my kids actually look forward to showering as they really enjoy using these --- they try a new flavor each night and actually now I have to yell at them to come out of the shower LOL. I actually showered earlier using the Candy Cane (which is my favorite of the three) and I surprisingly found that it was very gentle and made my skin feel soft.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2007 7:25:00 PM More reviews by JayBay714

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm split on this one. I like it but I don't love it. It's nice but it's not fantastic. It's definitely nice in the morning--- it's a fresh wake you up scent. I wouldn't use it at night....it's not soothing. I also wouln't use it as a bubble bath for that reason. As a shower gel though it is nice. This is a flavor your husband could also use. It's not feminine at all and since it doesn't really stay with you after you rinse, it's definitely something a family could share if you wanted to. It's nice for Nov/Dec--- it does lend toward a festive feeling if you associate candy canes with the holidays like I do. I may or may not buy it again-- but if I did it would be in November next year. I wouldn't enjoy this in the spring.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2007 9:19:00 PM More reviews by foxred

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This smells pleasant, but there are many other mint shower gels, shampoos, and bubble bath options out there that smell just as nice. As a shower gel, it is okay but nothing special. As a bubble bath, it fails utterly -- it doesn't produce many bubbles and the bubbles that do appear dissipate rapidly. Nor is the bath water notably fragrant or moisturizing. A resounding "eh".

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2007 12:13:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

I wish Philosophy soaps weren't so expensive! Still, it's a huge bottle that should last pretty much forever. I bought this after reading consistently great reviews, and I'm glad I did. It's so refreshing and pepperminty. I only use it as a soap, not a hair product, so I can't comment on that aspect, but what a great fall and winter shower gel.