September 18, 2014 | 1773 users online

Skincare - Face - Jason Natural Cosmetics - Ester-C Creme

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2009 9:06:00 AM More reviews by pammyb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have gone through one whole jar of this product and it works great.
I have dry skin and it keeps it moisturized all day. I think it SMELLS GREAT. Problem is it is a country smell - kinda like honeysuckle. I can see city girls not liking that, they are all used to blacktop, smog smells. Thanks Jason for a great product.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2009 6:24:00 PM More reviews by niamh85

i like this cream so far,but i use it only at night.i am not using it during the day because it has no spf in it. i have combination skin with occasionaly acne and this cream keep my skin clear a more radiant.i do order it from iherb - here is the code for 5$ off - MAT330

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2008 11:37:00 PM More reviews by mldmld

I had a free sample and use it once since it was a free packet. It absorbs easily and quickly and doesn't feel greasy, which is great since I have combination skin. However, it smells ghastly. It reminds me of the cremes my grandmother used to slather on 30 years ago. It smells rancid. I thought that perhaps mine had gone bad, but from reading the other reviews, it seems that the foul smell is the norm.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2008 5:51:00 PM More reviews by vms1

Yes i too read the reviews. I thought as well how bad could it smell. Because of the amazing ingredients, (antioxidants, water binding agents) I really wanted it to work. But the smell is awful. I returned it after 2 uses. I had to confirm that I couldnt take it anymore. Its too bad because the texture was great, I have oily/combination skin and it didnt get greasy or anything. It has everything I wanted in it, BUT IT STINKS. my 5 year old even commented on it. I agree it smells like cat pee and perfume mixed together. Too bad Jason for ruining such a good amount of ingredients.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2007 12:43:00 AM More reviews by kellystars

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I read the reviews and I thought, "Really now? How bad could it smell? Honestly?"

I'm not so picky so I bought it and..
The reviewer who said, "Unwashed Old Lady" had it about spot on.
Too which I would only add.."Strong Smelling Unwashed Old Cat Lady + Chemical Floral with Pee."

The product might be okay? It really might be. My skin has reacted not unfavorably, it's making my complexion fresh and dewy the next day when I use it overnight. But I can't wait to see the end of this jar so I can buy something else.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2007 12:20:00 PM More reviews by ALBA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The smell of this is a sickly, sherbet, sweet orange, I don't like it much at all. As for the product, it's not bad at all. When I apply it, I get a pink flush all over my face which is quite flattering for someone with fairly sallow looking skin. I'm not sure what ingredient does this, not sure if it has some form of niacin in it. Anyway, my skin always looks nice the next morning. I'm not sure if it produces any long term improvements in the skin but I like it enough to buy it again DESPITE the awful smell!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2007 9:54:00 PM More reviews by zahnpasta99

I've been reading about parabens, etc in skincare and saw this and thought I would try it. I am very impressed. It cleans my breakout prone skin, takes off makeup and leaves it clean, but not greasy, not dried out. my skin has calmed down since starting this. I like that it is not full of weird chemicals. It does not foam a lot , but probably b/c there is no SLS in it. I wish it had a pump, the scent is nice, not too strong. ( this was for the facewash) Ester C

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2007 2:30:00 PM More reviews by AnnP30

I'm not sure if this creme has any ant-aging properties, but the smell (while strong) was pleasant, and I felt a nice tingle after putting it on my face. However, I won't repurchase even though I didn't hate it b/c I don't think it did anything for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2007 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Jules211

I usually use a Idebenone cream morning and night but it was getting a bit expensive ($35 per ounce) and I was noticing some dryness and irritation, so I decided to try this moisturizer instead since it has great ingredients (Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid and other vitamins) and probably more moisture than the cream I was using. I am really thrilled- my irritation calmed down within a few days and my skin is super soft, moist and plump. I think my skin tone has evened out a little as well. It's only been a few days and I can tell a difference! I for one like the scent very much- it's a mild citrus scent. I don't usually like citrus but this one is ok by me. Definitely worth a try at only $13.
*UPDATE* I ended up finding a Vitamin C treatment I prefer over this

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2006 9:50:00 AM More reviews by jean_seberg

This has been my first venture into the 'anti-aging' genre. I hesitated between the crème and the lotion version of this since I've always had oily skin, but I'm glad I chose to go with the crème as it doesn't leave a greasy film at all. Makes my 27-year old skin feel soft and even without causing spots. I use this both day and night. A tad expensive though, and I don't see any anti-aging action (yet) but overall it's a really nice moisturiser. Smells rather unpleasantly synthetic thought.