Jason Natural Cosmetics Ester-C Creme

3.3

Not tested on animals

Aqua (Purified Water), Glyceryl Stearate, Vegetable Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Ester-C Sorbitol (and) Glycerin (and) Calcium Ascorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vit.E), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Gel*, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Tocopheryl Nicotinate (Vit. E), Panthenol (Vit.B5), Allantoin, Bisabolol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thioctic Acid (Alpha Lipoic Acid), Vegetable Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Carbomer, Potassium Hydroxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance Oil Blend. * Certified Organic.

on 4/11/2009 7:45:00 PM

Could be good but the smell is way too strong and last forever...I had to put it in the trash - the smell is so bad that I even don't want to use it on my feet.

on 4/8/2009 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have gone through one whole jar of this product and it works great.
I have dry skin and it keeps it moisturized all day. I think it SMELLS GREAT. Problem is it is a country smell - kinda like honeysuckle. I can see city girls not liking that, they are all used to blacktop, smog smells. Thanks Jason for a great product.

on 2/25/2009 6:24:00 PM

i like this cream so far,but i use it only at night.i am not using it during the day because it has no spf in it. i have combination skin with occasionaly acne and this cream keep my skin clear a more radiant.i do order it from iherb - here is the code for 5$ off - MAT330

on 11/2/2008 11:37:00 PM

I had a free sample and use it once since it was a free packet. It absorbs easily and quickly and doesn't feel greasy, which is great since I have combination skin. However, it smells ghastly. It reminds me of the cremes my grandmother used to slather on 30 years ago. It smells rancid. I thought that perhaps mine had gone bad, but from reading the other reviews, it seems that the foul smell is the norm.

on 1/16/2008 5:51:00 PM

Yes i too read the reviews. I thought as well how bad could it smell. Because of the amazing ingredients, (antioxidants, water binding agents) I really wanted it to work. But the smell is awful. I returned it after 2 uses. I had to confirm that I couldnt take it anymore. Its too bad because the texture was great, I have oily/combination skin and it didnt get greasy or anything. It has everything I wanted in it, BUT IT STINKS. my 5 year old even commented on it. I agree it smells like cat pee and perfume mixed together. Too bad Jason for ruining such a good amount of ingredients.

on 11/5/2007 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I read the reviews and I thought, "Really now? How bad could it smell? Honestly?"

I'm not so picky so I bought it and..
The reviewer who said, "Unwashed Old Lady" had it about spot on.
Too which I would only add.."Strong Smelling Unwashed Old Cat Lady + Chemical Floral with Pee."

The product might be okay? It really might be. My skin has reacted not unfavorably, it's making my complexion fresh and dewy the next day when I use it overnight. But I can't wait to see the end of this jar so I can buy something else.

on 7/31/2007 12:20:00 PM

The smell of this is a sickly, sherbet, sweet orange, I don't like it much at all. As for the product, it's not bad at all. When I apply it, I get a pink flush all over my face which is quite flattering for someone with fairly sallow looking skin. I'm not sure what ingredient does this, not sure if it has some form of niacin in it. Anyway, my skin always looks nice the next morning. I'm not sure if it produces any long term improvements in the skin but I like it enough to buy it again DESPITE the awful smell!

on 7/1/2007 9:54:00 PM

I've been reading about parabens, etc in skincare and saw this and thought I would try it. I am very impressed. It cleans my breakout prone skin, takes off makeup and leaves it clean, but not greasy, not dried out. my skin has calmed down since starting this. I like that it is not full of weird chemicals. It does not foam a lot , but probably b/c there is no SLS in it. I wish it had a pump, the scent is nice, not too strong. ( this was for the facewash) Ester C

on 7/1/2007 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm not sure if this creme has any ant-aging properties, but the smell (while strong) was pleasant, and I felt a nice tingle after putting it on my face. However, I won't repurchase even though I didn't hate it b/c I don't think it did anything for me.

on 3/5/2007 11:20:00 AM

I usually use a Idebenone cream morning and night but it was getting a bit expensive ($35 per ounce) and I was noticing some dryness and irritation, so I decided to try this moisturizer instead since it has great ingredients (Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid and other vitamins) and probably more moisture than the cream I was using. I am really thrilled- my irritation calmed down within a few days and my skin is super soft, moist and plump. I think my skin tone has evened out a little as well. It's only been a few days and I can tell a difference! I for one like the scent very much- it's a mild citrus scent. I don't usually like citrus but this one is ok by me. Definitely worth a try at only $13.
*UPDATE* I ended up finding a Vitamin C treatment I prefer over this