April 24, 2014 | 1820 users online

Moisturizers - Sweet Almond Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by FelisCatus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The only thing that can remove "Kesha amount of glitter" from my eyes after clubbing. I gave it 4 overall rating just because I found coconut oil a bit more multi purpuse.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this as a body moisturizer, under-eye moisturizer, and makeup remover with great success.

I've found sweet almond oil absorbs into the skin on my body quicker and more completely than any other oil I've tried, including coconut oil (which caused tiny bumps after a few weeks), olive oil (never truly absorbed), grapeseed oil (dried me out), sesame oil (never absorbed), and wheat germ oil (caused contact dermatitis).

Under my eyes sweet almond oil is my favorite oil because it really does disappear into the skin. It also functions as a waterproof makeup remover, and doesn't cause clogged pores. I used wheat germ oil under my eyes and it caused contact dermatitis. I switched back to sweet almond oil and it cleared up. I also use olive oil for makeup removal but I prefer sweet almond oil as I can leave it on my skin without it staying greasy or clogging pores.

As an unexpected benefit, I have noticed that using sweet almond oil caused some scars on my skin to rapidly fade. Older scars that were still quite purple have now lightened to pink and appear to be healing and fading rapidly. The oldest scars are simply fading with sweet almond oil, but some of the newer scars (or spots that are still healing) have turned from purple to pink and are healing again, and look like they may disappear completely.

If you want to try using oils on your skin but haven't had success, try sweet almond oil. It's thin, light, and absorbs into the skin without breaking me out or feeling greasy. Sweet almond oil might also help with the appearance of scars, I suspect it's the Vitamin E it contains.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by fazli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So I will separate this into to sections:

HAIR (I put it overnight or for 48 hours onto my scalp, wash my hair and not put any conditioner later)
pro: much less hair falling both while washing and throughout the day; hair smooth, shiny, no oily look
con: lacks volume, causes me some acne on scalp :-o

FACE
pro: does not cause acne,
con: does not help with the current acne, need extra moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 4:26:00 AM More reviews by sabrinarose1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased sweet almond oil to remove makeup and to add to my moisturizer for extra hydration during winter. It was fantastic for both. I used to remove my makeup using those makeup remover wipes from the supermarket, but noticed they were drying out my skin leaving dry patches that even exfoliation wasn't removing, and they were relatively expensive. So what I do now, in the evening, is apply the oil to my face then get a warm face cloth and remove the makeup with it...After this I cleanse with my salcylic acid acne wash. This has not caused me any more breakouts and my skin no longer has dry patches.
Sweet almond oil is also great to add drops to your own moisturizer to give it a hydration boost. It absorbs readily and is light in texture.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by shutterbug07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use virgin sweet almond oil as a deep conditioner. It has a pleasant, light nutty scent and is inexpensive.

Apply half a capful to the middle and ends of wet hair at the beginning of your shower, if you have a shower cap, put it on to lock in the steam, wash out oil using regular shampoo and conditioning treatment at the end. Be careful not to use too much as it will be more difficult to wash out and may leave you with an excessively oily mane. Use twice a week or as needed.

The end result is silkier, glossier hair with healthier ends.

*If you have oily or fine hair, you may need to use less product or reserve use for the drier months.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by gingery

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm afraid this didn't work for me. I initially bought it to use to lighten my under eye circles since some of the reviews mentioned they found it effective for this. I also used it all over my face.

I'm not acne-prone nor do I react badly to products but this caused odd pimples ON my lash line. Very strange. They weren't that obvious and went away quite quickly so I thought it might be a coincidence, but they kept coming back so I know it's this product as I haven't tried anything else new.

It didn't cause breakouts anywhere else, but I also didn't notice any improvement to the rest of my face, so I'll probably just mix it with my body lotion to use it up.

Others seemed to have had success with the product, so my recommendation would be to try it, but not before any important event etc.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by tiffanydewdrop

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this is brilliant stuff- to think i used to spend a fortune on la mer then i tried using this as a moisturiser - had been using it on my body very happily for years but then put it on my face as well - was a little bit nervous to start with but my dry sensitive skin loves it - no breakouts and sensitivity reduced. i just rub a small amount in and the blot off the excess with a tissue and it's great - highly recommended.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by SNS94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE THIS! This has saved and healed my skin from 2 years of hell in 3 weeks!

BACKGROUND:
My skin was terrible: severe acne (the pustule kind), dull, hard to the touch. Even makeup wouldn't look good. I tried over 20 products for my skin, numerous different skin care methods and nothing worked.

I used to use SAO in my early teens and had flawless skin back then. Soft, glowing, smooth and clean in addition to having no clogged pores. My skin issues started in my late teens as I decided to experiment with expensive 'miracle' products and skin regimes.

I should've paid more attention to these wise words: 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it'

MY SKIN AFTER USING SAO:
I use SAO as a facial moisturiser. I have been using this for 3 weeks now and my skin has gone back to looking like it used to in my early teens. I have hyper-pigmentation marks from the acne but they're in the process of fading with the help of SAO and aren't much of a problem now.

SAO had made my skin literally glow - if I use a little foundation my skin looks airbrushed (sorry to brag but this is how amazing this stuff is!).

It's also made my skin soft to the touch and has unclogged my pores. When I massage the oil in, I get sebum plugs on my fingers from all the pore unclogging. So my skin is also truly clean pore-wise - it does more than any exfoliating wash could do.

My skin tone has evened out - so I don't need to wear as much foundation as I had to. I still wear a bit of foundation to cover up the hyper-pigmentation marks otherwise I could go without.

The biggest plus though is that it GETS RID OF ACNE. I don't know what's in this oil exactly, but it actually reduced the size of my acne overnight and softens them to the extent that they pop on their own. Same with blackheads. This is good because you don't have to squeeze them yourself and run the risk of scarring. If they go on their own, the wound also heals quicker.

HOW TO USE SAO
I use it as a facial moisturiser so if you're planning to do that too, I'd advise massaging it in for 2 minutes before bed. This increases blood circulation in your face and is provides a better foundation for absorption. It also help increase your skin glow and keeps your skin firm. You'll really start to see the effect after about a week.

If you can, give this a try! You have nothing to lose, especially if, like me, you tried loads of other products!

Having said that though, everyone's skin is different and so your skin may not like SAO. Going by the majority on here though, most love it. Good luck!

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by thereisalwayshope

WOW! All I can say is that this is such a wonderful product, and can be used in so many ways. I use it as a facial moisturizer, a hair serum, hair mask, and makeup remover. Wonderful at everything! Overall this is a product that is worth a try and it will not cost you an arm and a leg to get the awesome results!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by ohudsono

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this to shave with and as a moisturizer. This gives me a smooth shave with no razor burn. My sensitive skin loves it.