Extra Virgin Olive Oil

4.4

EVOO = Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Alright so I both like and dislike olive oil for beauty purposes. I tried it on my face and my hair and I'll review both separately because the results were extremely varied depending on where I put the olive oil.

Olive oil for face: I did a face scrub using olive oil and sugar. I mixed the two and then applied it on my face for 20 minutes. The results were great! My face felt so soft and I felt like I was glowing. Plus, it's inexpensive and all natural! 5 stars!

Olive oil for hair: I did a mask on my hair using olive oil and Castor oil. I mixed the two and applied on my hair for 30 minutes before my shampoo. A few hours later, my hair was so greasy and limp it looked like I hadn't washed it in three years. I already had used castor oil on my hair so I knew that olive oil was the problem. My hair is fine but long so maybe it works better on thick hair. 0 stars.

Well I can't believe we have a category in which olive oil has been added lol. I've used organic extra virgin olive oil on my skin for years. I will never use ANY other moisturizer unless I need something with spf. I got on board with the whole coconut oil craze but found out quick I was highly allergic to coconut! Itchy skin, red blotches, yikes! I went back to my olive oil and wondered why I even strayed away. The most expensive facial moisturizers I've ever used was by Estée Lauder. They were nice but still there's just something about olive oil that soothes your skin, wrinkles, bumps, texture, tone and you don't have to wait days or weeks to see results. Plus it's all natural and you only need a tiny bit and you don't have to worry about it getting into your eyes. It's great for moisturizing eyelashes too. The best way is to apply it minimally on your face and body (if you want) before bed. I've gotten to where I use it in the mornings too. I remember two beauty staples my mom and grandmother had: oil of Olay and olive oil. Not to toot my own horn but all three of us look/looked 10-15 years younger than what we are/were. Key points to remember that have served the ladies of my family well: Keep the skincare simple and as natural as possible, don't wear a lot of heavy makeup, wash your face at night, only use an exfoliating toner (or even micellar water) to clean your face in the morning instead of soap, get at least 6 hours of sleep, drink water every day. 💋💄

I use olive oil as a daily moisturizer for my body and it is wonderful. I also use a mixture of white sugar, used coffee grinds, and olive oil as a body exfoliator. In the shower I exfoliate with the homemade scrub, then I use more olive oil while my skin is damp. My skin feels like silk. Nothing has EVER even come close to working so well with my skin. I don't even waste my money buying lotions or butters anymore. Even though I love the smell of coconut oil, it just doesn't even come close to having the same moisturizing qualities as olive oil. I have used the OCM in the past and I'm thinking about resuming this routine of washing my face. In the winter my skin is so dry that I've only been able to use Eucerin Calming body wash, olive oil, and Aquaphor. Has anyone tried to just use olive oil and castor oil mixture as a body wash and forgoing soap altogether? I know it works for the face, so why not the body? If so, was it effective?

I don't know about this brand but olive oil is effective at a variety of beauty uses.

my HG makeup remover, i have yet to use it for all the different purposes suggested on here but i'll come around some day. for now, i use it to remove makeup at the end of the day, specifically eye makeup as i like to wear layers and layers of dark eyeshadow (racoon eyes LOL) in my looks. this can be annoying to remove with other makeup removers as it'll take a while and there's still a little bit left which leaves you looking grey in the eye and there's always a bit of residue by the waterline. this is oily enough that it wipes away everything with a dab and is totally good for you, so it saves time and is a lot better for you given whatever chemicals x and y makeup company puts in their removers. i also love how soft and buttery my eyes feel after, it moisturizes my dry patches and doesn't make my already oily lids and more oily. overall, just fabulous; i see no reason to use anything else unless its for spot removal.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use Olive Oil for many things. I had a Turkish boyfriend when I was in my mid twenties. His mother told me to use this for my everything. I did as she told me because her skin was amazing and I found out that Olive Oil is the most wonderful thing the Creator gave to woman.

I recently starting using it twice a week for a hot scalp treatment when my hair was falling out a bit excessively from hormones and it worked wonders. I have less fall out and my flaky scalp is no more either. For years I have used it for my fingernails and toenails to keep my cuticles and nails moisturized. It is awesome for that too. I had always had dry heels but this keeps them super soft when I use this on them twice a week. Lastly I have always used it for my face and it is definitely my savior. I used to get laughed at by other girls when I would bust out my little squirt bottle and would work a pinhead size amount of it into my cheeks at random. I started to have dryness in my cheeks when I was in my younger twenties. I told them "This is going to make my skin amazing when I am older" but they did not listen. They thought I was silly. I see some of them on Facebook and out and about. Their skin is not all that great. I bet they now wish they had used the Olive Oil too.

I am 44 and I get asked all the time "How come my skin looks so great?" "What is my secret?" I tell people that I always have drank a lot of water, and applied Olive Oil and Aloe Vera. I tell them that working out and eating tons of fresh fruits/veggies helps too. I want to add that I only use this lightly in my oily T-Zone once a week as a treatment. My body's natural oil is all that I need there. I use Olive Oil, AloeVera, Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Acid Serum(only at night) and Cerave for my cheeks. I also drink Green Tea. I do not spend an arm and a leg on face products from high end companies. It is nothing but hype. However, if you need something for damaged skin Peter Thomas Roth has some spectacular products. Aloe Vera is great for rosaca too. Nothing will keep you young forever but we can take care of our skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This is the best eye make-up remover,Also great at wiping foundations off!!!
Just be sure to keep your eyes shut tight while you remove your mascara. Its great with all types of mascara. Even takes water proof off, jus take be sure to massage the masacara off your eyeashes while your eyes are shut. after you are done wiping your make-up off just wash your face. Its awesome and doesn't break me out.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

Not a particularly nice smell but EVOO is a good multipurpose oil. It is a deep yellow oil and medium in viscosity. I use olive oil to cook and as a face, hair & body oil. It is moisturizing, softening and adds a healthy sheen.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is, without a doubt, the best facial cleanser I've ever used. I was previously using two cleansers from Clarins, both of which I loved. But olive oil removes my makeup and sunscreen with minimum effort.

I simply slather a good amount of this onto my face, massage it in (including my eyes), and then remove it with a damp flannel. A few people complain of the leftover residue, but I really don't notice it. If anything, it's minimal and keeps the skin soft and hydrated. Though without a flannel or face cloth, I imagine there would be too much residue.

EVOO is also great at removing blackheads, I take a little extra and massage it into problem areas, and the gunk from my face just comes straight out. I also use a bha, but this has definitely helped reduce any stubborn ones.

Please try this if you haven't already, you really have nothing to lose - especially since it's so cheap. I also use this as a moisturiser on my body when my skin is especially dry, my hair and nails and occasionally a tiny amount on my face which really helps - despite that my skin is combination.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I had read that mineral oil and petroleum based products just coated and smothered the skin without really moisture get, but didn't believe it, until I tried EvOO. Much much more effective as a moisturizer. I use it on my whole body, including my face. It also is much cheaper than buying all those different products, and I'm not putting a bunch of chemicals all over me. Just be sure to do your research and make sure you are buying REAL olive oil. Corto is one brand I know is real. Lots of others are diluted with cheaper oils like canola or soybean.

Video Reviews & Tutorials