September 1, 2014 | 1554 users online

Brows - Laura Mercier - Blonde eyebrow pencil

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2009 1:39:00 PM More reviews by lucygirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

EDIT 6/23/14:
As you can see below, I wore Fair Blonde awhile ago. But it was never the right color. I then switched to many others. Thank goodnesss I kept the Blonde (dark secret: I keep all of my makeup purchases forever). This week I collected my three hoarded pencils, plus the one I'm currently using, and did a test. I took waaaaay too many selfies. And surprise, the hands-down color winner is LM Blonde. What a perfect color. I'm done with being in denial about being a "natural" fair blonde. I'm not. I'm a fair... sandy brown. With blonde highlights. Therefore, this color looks perfect. BONUS: It lasts forever. I'm not going to diss any of the other colors, but this one works for me. Perfectly.

I used to wear this pencil in Blonde, but it was just too dark for me. The MU artist talked me into trying Fair Blonde, and it's PERFECT! The hair on my head is sandy blonde, definitely not a light fair blonde. But this pencil complements my hair color perfectly. Therefore, I think "Fair" is not a great name for this product. Fills in everything, but never looks too dark.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have naturally very thick, dense eye brows which require tweezing frequently. Still I was looking for a great brow product to define and enhance them. Although I'm very pale (NW10) my brows are very dark ash blonde and most brow products are either too light/dark or too warm in colour. This brow pencil in Blonde is quite a neutral, medium greyish taupe with just a little warmth; it is a tad too light for my brows but it enhances my brows without looking fake or harsh. Goes on smoothly and blends in well. Quite expensive but great fool-proof brow pencil! Update: this shade was too light and the pencil too hard. I'm using Lancome Le Crayon Poudre in Taupe instead.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2009 10:12:00 PM More reviews by HollyMarie

Gosh I hate to be the negative one but I rate this is as "fair" not the perfect blonde pencil. I think MAC "fling' was a better color. Its ok, but a little darker than I hoped for. Probably a perfect match for brunettes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2008 1:21:00 AM More reviews by kabuali689

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow! I love this pencil! I naturally have dark brown hair, but I have had it colored blonde in the front portion for a long time. Well, my eyebrows are still very dark compared to the front of my hair. Every time I used a pencil to fill in spots on my brows I felt like my brows were darker then normal. I just couldn't find the right color. Well finally, a makeup artist used this on me and its the perfect color of ash and warm brown/gold. It doesn't look too blond and its not dark at all! I would recommend this for anyone with medium blond or light brown hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2008 6:05:00 PM More reviews by looknn2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

YES!!! It does NOT turn orange, or even yellow. This is the perfect color brow pencil for my sparse, blonde brows! My skin is extremely fair, but has yellow undertones. I have been searching, for YEARS, for an eyebrow solution -- I have found it!

Cons: The traditional pencil style (vs i.e. a fine, retractable type) produces a rather thick line. The softness of the product further wears down the point, requiring wasteful re-sharpening. The softness also causes a thick, somewhat clumpy application. -- apply 'softly'! Use a spiral brush to soften, or even your brow powder angled brush, to sculpt the product into your brows after applied.

The color, however, can't be beat!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2008 9:44:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

The color is a very light taupe that's more on the tan side than gray (Wet 'n' Wild's Taupe Eye & Brow pencil is a touch cooler, darker and grayer. Kevyn Aucoin's pencil was darker and browner. Chanel's Sculpting pencil in Blond Cendre is cooler and darker). This works pretty well for me, color-wise, though I have to blend carefully. I have black hair, but my brows are sparse and fine. Black or even dark brown brow products tend to look too severe on me, making me look super mean and angry >:o So I prefer light taupey shades as they blend in with my brows without looking harsh or unnatural.

The pencil lead is kinda hard, but warms up a little when you stroke it onto your skin. It still won't lay down much pigment in the end, which is perfect for me since I have thin, light brows and prefer extremely subtle brow products. This has good lasting power (until the end of the workday, at which time it needs to be touched up a bit).

My only gripes are the price (high, especially compared to the Wet 'n' Wild pencil) and the weird shape (it's three-sided or pyramidal), which makes it hard to sharpen perfectly. I definitely want to try the Shu Uemura Seal Brown pencil before I commit to repurchasing this one (or any others). I will say that, so far, I prefer the Kevyn Aucoin pencil because a) it's self-sharpening b) the pencil lead is very fine so that, unlike a lot of self-sharpening pencils, it is very precise c) the color worked slightly better for me than the LM pencil or Chanel pencil d) it comes with a handy and effective brow spoolie brush built into the packaging (which I still use, by the way). The lasting power is also slightly better than the LM pencil.

So my advice is, if you're feeling broke and either have dry skin or don't mind touching up your brows at least once during the day, then get the Wet'n'Wild pencil. If you're feeling spendy, go for the Kevyn Aucoin pencil. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2007 3:06:00 PM More reviews by HeffnerMM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Excellent color, excellent texture, perfect pencil. I love this brow color. I am super fair with dark red/auburn hair and I hate having brows too dark or too yellow or too orange. This color is so wonderful- its almost ash looking but that is needed to keep from turning bright yellow on my skin. The texture and firmness of the pencil is divine as well. It is not as hard as Shu but it is not soft and creamy either. I love it! I don't have to scrape it across my skin but I also don't have to pick chunks of color out of my eyebrows. This is the best!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2007 5:56:00 AM More reviews by pinkpetal

Best eyebrow pencil to fill in my brows, most natural colour i have found for my light brown brows, lasts a long time before needing sharpening, used to use MAC in linger and that was more waxy, darker and less natural looking

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2007 8:45:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

Here was a shocker - I'm Filipino, NC25, with naturally brown-black hair, and my match is the Blonde brow pencil. For years I'd been using MAC's Espresso (way too red) or Brun eyeshadows, and Spiked brow pencil, and although I'd get good definition with those products, the shades were never quite right - if one day I was a little heavyhanded, I'd end up looking like I'd tattooed my brows on. So I ordered this unseen, and I was a little leery when I first looked at the product - it looked so taupey, so grey. But once I filled my brows in, it magically transformed to the perfect brown. Application was so easy, and the texture is unbeatable. Suddenly my brows look natural, defined, and effortless. A little on the pricey side ($25CDN), but so worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2007 4:12:00 AM More reviews by therese108

Amen, Malia! It's really bizarre. We are both Filipina AABs. I'm a tad darker at NC35, but Laura Mercier Blonde is the perfect brow pencil for both of us! Prior to discovering this, I was a devout user of Laura's Brow Powder duo, which is unbeatable if you're in a hurry and want to brush your brows on in 10 seconds flat. But I find Blonde works great for a softly defined daytime brow... the taupe shade is so soft you're never in danger of drawing on harsh black caterpillars, as I am wont to do with my heavy hands ANY brunette brow pencil. So now I use Blonde pencil for day and the Brow Powder Duo at night for more definition. Many thanks to LM's Filipina international makeup artist Gemma Chambers for introducing me to this magical product and technique!