November 26, 2014 | 954 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Metallic Creme Eye Color in Alloy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is amazing. I've tried other cream shadows (BB, MAC and a few others that I can't remember) and I think this is the best of the bunch.

The color is great--it's a shimmery light taupe that gives me a more polished, yet understated look. It's great on its own or underneath other shadows. The shimmer isn't even close to OTT and the metallic finish is truly metallic without being too shiny.

The formula is great too. I applied it over LORAC Behind the Scenes primer at 5 am and at 8 pm it's still going strong without creasing. It's *slightly* faded, but definitely still noticeable and still gorgeous. I'm impressed, because no cream shadow has ever lasted as long as this does--most eye shadows are no match for my oily eyelids.

I highly recommend this. My only teeny complaint is that I'd love to see more colors in the Metallic Cream Eye Color line--maybe something more silver toned.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is very nice. The color is a beautiful twinkly taupe that I bet would look great on every eye color (i have dark brown eyes). It has a soft, silky, creamy texture, and a little goes a long way. I think this little tube will last me a while even though I am planning to use this as my every day eyeshadow. It looks just beautiful on my lids. I am planning to repurchase. I am now curious in the rose gold color as well. Why did I not try this sooner?? I do wish they would make a set of all of these in mini tubes for those of those who are indecisive, or interested in trying all the shades............

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2010 3:20:00 AM More reviews by kimbuyah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Tiny amount for money but I'm really enjoying product. Great alone but I purchased specifically to wear as a base under Too Faced's Naked Eye palette and it's smashing and performs like a dream. Smooth application and long lasting. I probably would purchase again but only with a significant coup., gc or from Ebay. Most single eyeshadows are hugely overpriced but I contribute to this problem too since I'm foolish enough to buy it. It's very nice though..

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2010 5:55:00 AM More reviews by DixieBrooks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I first discovered the metallic creme eye colour watching the Pixiwoo Nicole Sherzinger make up tutorial, they used burnished copper. So off I went to get burnished copper but instead came home with alloy. I am a NW20 with blue eyes and this makes my eyes look really blue. I wear it applied with my finger during the day and with a brush for a stronger look. It really lasts and the finish is lovely. I will definately be purchasing burnished copper next.

On the whole, I am never disappointed with LM.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2010 6:51:00 PM More reviews by DanaCerise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Alloy is a lovely metallic taupe that is slightly cool in tone. It's an incredibly versatile product in that you can wear alone or layer other colors over it. (I have actually layered the very dark Deep Night power e/s from LM over this shade on my lid, very very lightly so that it creates a steely light blue look. Then I apply a tiny bit more Alloy over it. I constantly get compliments on this smoky eye look. I wear this over Too Faced Eye Shadow Insurance. I recommend a primer under this if you have oily lids. I also own this shadow in Gold, and that one too is awesome.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2010 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Goldenstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love this LM formulation...creamy, yet it stays put, sheer, but you can easily build the color, & sexy, but it's very wearable day into evening. Alloy is a beautiful neutral taupe with very fine micro-shimmer. Don't be put off by the word "metallic" in its name. It simply has a pearly sheen that lights up your eyes. I own 3 other colors in this formula, & they are all gorgeous. Just buy this...seriously.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 7:49:00 AM More reviews by sweetgardenangel

Laura Mercier out performs herself on creme eye shadow that provides a beautiful, glove velvet, performance. Despite my oily eyelids, it lasts for hours. I layer it on top of Urban Decay's Primer Potion for stick-sure dependability. The tube is appropriate and easy for application, as well as hygienic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2009 10:56:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

I absolutely LOVE LM Metallic Cream shadows, and Alloy is probably one of my most used! The color is perfect-o on my brown eyes and MMM skintone. It's a shimmery metallic taupe with a silver sheen, and works as a great base for my typical smokey eye. The consistency, texture and blending is amazing on these. It wears amazingly well, and serves as an outstanding base, and works equally well as a stand alone with just eyeliner and mascara. HUGE raves on this!! One I reach for often, and will undoubtedly finish!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2009 5:12:00 AM More reviews by troel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was quite hesitant buying eyeshadow in a tube. But this is a perfect addition to my collection. After having mostly pinkish and green colors, this taupe wears nicely without being too dark or too nude. However, I hate applying with my fingers, so I use a MAC brush and the result is wow, Lasts all day without creasing. Always use a base first.
But I won't buy again, as this tube will last me for ages.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2009 8:15:00 PM More reviews by kookykitty

This is a lovely product! Alloy is a shimmery neutral taupey silvery grey on my medium yellow undertoned skin. It has tons of shimmer, but it's nice and soft so it doesn't look *too metallic* or frosty. Easy to apply and blend and nicely pigmented. You only need just a little bit of product. Squeeze a tiny bit to the back of your hand, use the tip of your finger to sorta spread it around a bit to thin it out and warm it up before you pat and blend it onto your eye lid. Alternately, you can use a brush--MAC 242 is a nice one to use to sorta paint the color onto your lid.