August 22, 2014 | 1754 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Foundation Powder [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2012 2:17:00 AM More reviews by primadonnablue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this a bit pricey in Thailand but it's cheaper in the US. I use No. 3 which was the colour closest to my skin without looking powdery, the colour selection is very limited. Despite that it's a great matte foundation with fantastic oil control and perfect for people with acne prone skin (like me). The coverage is okay but it's easy to end up looking cakey if you're not careful and blend well enough. I usually put this on after I use my Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation (in Beige Ivory) to cover spots and dark circles as that is better for creating a more flawless look. So if you're a person in need of an oil control kind of foundation that doesn't clog pores and make you break out then this powder foundations perfect! Also, I love how it comes with a sponge and puff but the downer is the puff doesn't fit into the compact. :/

NOTE: This product is still available! I don't know why it's been labeled as discontinued!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by graceface07

i liked this powder bc for a mineral fpundation it gave nice matte coverage comparable to mac studio fix and was more portable than most mineral foundations. once i started to hit pan i noticed it was really shiny on me and I mean really shiny and I'm normal to combo skin.... i wonder if re-dipping my brush into it started to affect the product? If I do give this another try I would try to use a fresh sponge each time and then blend with a brush once its on my face or something to see if its more long lasting. otherwise I wouldn't by again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by kaye_511

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my new HG foundation. I love everything about it. The colour is perfect for me, I'm tanned at the moment so I bought no.5, the coverage is great, you only need very little and it covers very well. My skin looks pretty flawless with this on, it's great. It applies very smooth and even and doesn't make my skin look dry or ash-y. The staying power is amazing. I wish I had discovered this foundation powder before my wedding! LOL!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This did nothing for my oily skin. I looked disgusting a few hours after application with this on.I would not recommend for oily skinned people.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by bloomingiris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was a total disappointment, especially give the price. The puffs provided were already way below the expected standard. Sponge puff was not the good quality, fine-grained, dense type. Very floppy and felt rough on the skin. The cloth puff was even worse--it felt rough on the skin and was sewn to look like some asymmetrical rectangle. How did that even pass the QC?

The powder gave a light-medium level of coverage, but didn't do much in terms of oil control. The WORST part was that just after 2-3 applications using the sponge puff provided on clean/dry face, the surface of the powder became grainy. Super disappointed and would never buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by alix1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I tried this as the next selection in my ongong quest for a foundation/tinted moisturiser which made my skin look great. All in all, Im pretty pleased with it.
    My skin is a total pain, its not spotty - its a bit pinky/big pores/shiney nose and dry. So I was looking for something which didnt emphasise these issues.
    I was sold it with the hydrating primer (so quite an expensive purchase together £61) but I was immediately pleased with it.
    The first day I wore it - I LOVED it. My skin didnt flake, my nose didnt shine, it looked like I had perfect skin but no make up on.
    Well although its never performed quite as well as well as the first day (or it would have got the 5 lippies) I still like it a great deal, certainly the best product Ive used in years.
    Im a little unsure if it could be better though, as the hydratng primer turned to water and I had to return, the sales ass confirmed it had been a bad batch and offered me the radiant primer instead. I think if I had the hydrating primer - this may get a full 5 out of 5!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 5:06:00 AM More reviews by ilymed2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A few years ago I was searching for the perfect tinted moisturizer and powder combination. This powder gave a bit of extra coverage to the light weight foundations I tended to apply. Also didn't settle into pores or fine lines. Used on my t-zone with kabuki brush or sponge applicator provided. Afterward I lightly mist to prevent a cakey/powdery look. I avoided shade No. 2 because I feared it would play-up my skin's pinkness, and used No. 1 in winter and No. 3 in summer.

Overall I like this product and it performed as intended. Seems more suited to oily-normal skin types, and now I prefer more of a dewy finish than this allows.

Unfortunately I do not like the compact's plastic, bulky, and easily scratched design. Not exactly something I liked keeping in my purse, which is probably why I barely use it now.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by salonelan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this foundation ever since I saw my friends skin with it on. I love it! Yes it is expensive however I have oily skin and I only need to apply it in the morning and I don't have to worry about shine for the rest of the day! So given that I only use it once a day it lasts for a while. I just makes your skin look flawless. I also use cover girl liquid foundation underneath it so that probably helps make it really stay on. Love it and wouldn't use any other powder! Trust me I've tried them all!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by adamj2004

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE this powder! Received in a swap (I'm shade No 2; MAC NW15ish/LM TM Nude) and I am obsessed with it. I use it on its own with concealer and I'm set for the day unless I feel like I need full coverage. A lippy off because the coverage isn't the best but I do love it. It lasts FOREVER too; I have used it every day for the past 2-3 weeks and I still can't even tell I've used any!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2012 7:11:00 AM More reviews by mystar456

this is a sheer powder foundation. i am an nc 35-37 and bought no 5LM which is a quite good color match.( I love the brownish yellow undertones)
    I have to conceal my dark circles and my blemishes first, cause this powder does only a good job in even out the skin not in covering blemishes. my skin looks super natural .. i can put a tones of layers and i never look cakey..so it sounds like a pretty normal powder foundation right?
    but the best thing is that it does not break me out like other foundations do. i have the most sensitvie skin and this one treats my skin so well that i have to love it.