August 30, 2014 | 1762 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - The Makeup Lifting Foundation SPF 16

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2011 11:02:00 PM More reviews by mindlips

How can someone even like this thingy-majinger? Excuse my slang, but pleaaase! I cannot be saved or seen in my LIFE using Shisheido's The Makeup Lifting Foundation. This is quite literally, like putting colored soap on your face. Is it suppose to feel invigorating of some sort? Because it annoys the hell out of me and the results don't meet up. Next!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by lisamdougherty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG-I have finally found it, my HG. I am a long time BE user and thought I would never stray. I recently began having (much to my dismay) a very hateful relationship with my BE. Suddenly it is not covering to my liking, nor staying on! I attribute alot of this to heading quickly into 40, also with wanting a bit more of a "polished" look to my makeup. Not necessary for me to look so sheer anymore that it doesn't appear as I'm wearing make up. If I go to the trouble, I am craving a bit more of a finished look. I have been expirimenting with some samples from Sephora-Smashbox which Iliked but it smells TOXIC-to MUF which created a horrific oil slick on my horribly DRY skin (I know, weird!). Laura Mercier which was equivalent in sheerness to Covergirl-great if I was still 14 years old. I came upon this in the most unusual circumstance. I was at the Duty free shop at the airport and they had huge displays of high end makeup. I began trying a few, and this one spoke to me. Full coverage-yet luminous finish. This stuff is literally magical. I found my color-but am VERY confused by their color system-if anyone can help me I would appreciate it a ton. I got i60-deep ivory. It is very yellow undertoned (I have always heard because they are a Japanese company that they favor more the yellow tones) and it matches perfect. I am just curious what Dark Ochre looks like (they were out at the store). This stuff goes on beautiful with my Smashbox foundation brush, dries to a luminous yet full coverage finish and lasts all day with NO touchoups. Does not oxidize or melt away. I am in love. It is pricey, but I am using 2 pumps so I guess the bottle will last a long time. This stuff is the BOMB. I HIGHLY recommend, especially for anyone looking for a more finished and polished look.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2010 10:57:00 AM More reviews by MaxFun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hated this foundation! It is too expensive for what it does.

It is super hard to blend and sits in fine lines and around blemishes. Dried my skin out like crazy and felt too heavy on my skin.
It does provide good coverage though, I have to say.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2010 8:54:00 AM More reviews by tv_viewer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a wonderful foundation. Decent coverage, very moistursing, longlasting, and has a nice glowy finish. I have very dry acne prone skin (currently on Accutane) and it covers all my redness well without irritating my skin or causing breakouts.

BUT the spf in it ruins it. I look like a pale ghost in every photo.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2009 6:14:00 AM More reviews by Emese1

I was a MMU user (EM) but because my skin is kind of oily and I live in a hot climate it'd become cakey during the day. I loved that I could mix my perfect shade (from 3 different colors). It's really hard for me to find a shade that suits me, as I have light olive skin. I wanted a liquid foundation, for at least 'special occasions' to give me a polished look. But no matter what I tried they were all either too pink/peach or too orange, and usually too dark. I wanted to buy GA lasting silk UV fdn after reading all the glowing reviews, but they haven't got it yet in my country and the SA mentioned that it's a bit drying for some skintypes. I also saw that alcohol is the 2nd or 3rd ingredient in it. He tried Face Fabric, but although he told me he thought the color matched me, in natural light it looked way too pink. So by that time I didn't really care about the consistency of a fdn as long as it matched my skintone.So I read that the Asian brands make yellow toned fdns (though I didn't want too yellow either). I saw O00 of this Lifting fdn. I'm 35, and although my skin is kind of oily (especially my T-Zone) I also have some fine lines on my face. Well, I'm not getting any younger. I don't expect any 'lifting' effect from a cosmetic product, but I thought at least it won't be too drying. The color matches me perfectly. It's a miracle for me! The first fdn I bought matches me. (And to think what I used to wear before! Some of Clinique's fdns, that look way too pink on me! You need a critique when you wear MU to tell you things honestly.) I have some red acne scars/marks. It covers them very well. I use about 2 full pumps altogether. I use GOSH primer first. Then I wet my EM flat top kabuki brush and use that to apply this fdn. You have to blend, blend, blend! I apply a little first, then build if I need to. I sometimes put some fdn in the cap to let it dry. So I take some of that and press it on the marks with my finger and bled again with the flat top kabuki brush. Then I use a normal fdn brush to apply to harder to get to places, like the sides of my nose. I don't apply it under my eyes, because it creases badly for me (I guess it's too creamy). I use a separate undereye concealer. The fdn is a bit sticky on my face, but I apply Coastal Scents silica powder and it's good. Sometimes I blot my T-Zone midday. The fdn is long lasting and holds well even in hot, humid weather. (I actually can't wear it in dry weather. Dries my skin.) Some days it doesn't look as good as other days, but I think it's because I've applied too much initially instead of building it where I need to. It tends to disappear from my nose sometimes. So I won't give it a 5, but a 4. All in all I'm very satisfied w/ it. My dream is that once my spots fade I won't have to wear fdn, because it'd look more natural. My friend told me yesterday that she thought my fdn covered surprisingly well without looking too artificial.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2009 12:44:00 AM More reviews by JU1CYY69

let me start off by saying i love shiseido foundations. being asian, it's hard to find the right colour for my skin, especially with drugstore brands, but with shiseido, its so easy to find it. and the quality is also very good. this foundation is a bit thicker than most, so blending is a bit more difficult, but the coverage is amazing. i really dont feel like i need concealor or anything. and also, it lasts a pretty long time so i dont need to worry about it transferring or fading away, which is great when i have pretty long school hours. it also hasnt made my skin break out and my face feels matte with this on. definitely love this but i'm probably not going to buy this again because i want to try the shiseido sun protection liquid foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2009 11:48:00 PM More reviews by kikibaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just recently purchased this product as I was curious considering all the good reviews and how it promises full coverage in comparison to the its relative, the Dual Balancing Liquid Foundation. The best thing I love about this foundation is that it gives full coverage only by using just a maximum of 2 pumps. which is a plus if your considering using high end make-up on a budget. The packaging is very convenient and you can just pop it in your bag during the day for touch ups.
On the negative side though, it is quite thick, but its still glides on smoothly. and takes a bit of time to apply. Sometimes i feel as the finishing doesnt look right and makes me look very look heavily cakey and blotchy in certain areas such as around my nose. I guess its because this wouldnt be considered as one of those buildable make-up, so instead when u try to build it on it erases your existing make-up and makes it look very out of place. That is why I wouldnt buy this product again due to the price, I could find better.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2009 4:19:00 PM More reviews by mazi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this on and off for years. The thing I love about this foundation is the color- nothing has matched my yellow undertones so well before. I use shade O60, and unlike other reviewers, I find the shades to run very light. They used to make an O80 which was PERFECT for me in summer. Why doesn't Shiseido make darker foundations like other companies do?

Anyway, I was wearing this for 1/2 a year and loved it, it matched and gave medium coverage. I still had to use concealer, but only a little bit over it. Definetely need powder on top. Its long lasting, but not THAT long lasting. If I am going out after work, I apply another coat.

After awhile though, I noticed it started to accentuate the little lines under my eyes, and looked dry and crepy near my eyebrows.

This is really expensive, and only lasts for 2-3 weeks max. I don't know what size heads the ladies on here have, but unless your head is the size of a tennis ball, you will certainly need more than 2 pumps. Try 5-6.

It comes out good in photos for the most part, but can look like a mask when people see you close up. From afar though, makes your skin look flawless. I am on the fence.

I also use Shiseido The Stick foundation. Love this one too, even MORE flawless finish than this one, only smaller product and you constantly have to reapply, like every couple of hours. Looks great, men ask why I wear so much makeup when I had this on.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2009 1:09:00 AM More reviews by mher

Love it! I have tried drug store brands to higher quality brands to mineral powders, but it did not work for me because it broke me out. I have combo/dry skin w/acne prone skin. This product does not break me out at all, I love the coverage (flawless finish). First time using it, it made my skin oily after a few hours, but ever since I started using a primer base before applying the foundation, I did not find a problem to the oilyness. Even during the summer I rarely had that oily face look. So this product is definitely the one for me. Its a bit pricey but I still have my first bottle and its been about 7 months already and its only half way done. I use it every time I go out and it still last me this long. But I guess it varies on other people. I would recommend this product to whoever!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2009 4:00:00 PM More reviews by LuvMakeup0929

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really likes this product the only thing that I didn't like was that it is a little to thick so it's a little hard to blend...but with a wet sponge it was fairly easy to blend. I've gotten compliments on how good my skin looks when I wear this..Pretty good product would buy again!!