Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat No 2

3.9

This highlighter was recommended to me by my make up artist to use as an under eye concealer. Now granted, at the time I had my consultation I was as relaxed as could be, on vacation, getting 8-9 hours of sleep so Touche Eclat could cover my dark circles. But when I am back at work, sitting in front of the computers and waking up at the crack of dawn, it`s a different story. Don`t get me wrong, I still like the YSL pen, but it doesn`t cover my stressed out dark circle as well. So what I do is use it underneath Laura Mercier`s Secret Concealer for eyes and Voila! Perfectly camouflaged rested eyes. I don`t give it a full 5 because I have been using the No.7 highlighter pen simultaneously, to save money, by helping the YSL to last longer and to be used only for special occasions. So at less than half the price the No7 highlighting pen (02) does as good a job as its more expensive YSL counterpart.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Honestly I gave into the hype of the ysl highlighter..
It is truthfully amazing for my skin, it gives a great effect and the colour 2 is great! I only use this under my eyes and t-zone for a highligted look.
May be pricey but it is worth every single penny

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I think the coverage isn't all that great for the price. I will not repurchase. This shade was much better for me, however, then #1, which was very pink. It goes on silky smooth, blends pretty nicely but I feel the Maybelline and the L'oreal pens are just as good, if not better.

I love how subtle the glow that this gives on my skin. It blends smoothly and so flawlessly that my face looks radiant, and healthy. Its more of a BEAUTY ENHANCING PEN! Its not for concealing its more of a highlighting pen that is no shimmer, and no glitter. Just pure glowing skin. The best!

The best concealer

Well of course I had to buy this because of all the hype and because I generally like YSL products. However, I'm sad to say that this is just not easy to use. I used it as a highlighter and a concealer and it really didn't work for me. First of all, it gave me a few giant zits when I used it to conceal dark circles beneath my eyes and second of all, it didn't work well either as a highlighter (not reflective enough) or as a concealer (not enough coverage). Don't get me wrong, the packaging is beautiful and the product has been formulated elegantly, but this is for women who have nearly perfect skin and can handle the cyclopentasiloxane content in this. It comes in a click pen form and is handy as all get out, just click and swipe and blend, but for me, it just didn't get the job done. And I really can't forgive the blemishes.

Good:
The design; brush makes for easy application and not much wastage (I'm the type of girl that cuts my moistures open to get every pricey drop out).

Wear; light wearing, great for daily wear that isn't heavy or cakey.

Bad:
Wear; light wearing doesn't quite cover my dark circles, unless I wear full face base, which I only do like once every few months.

Price; expensive, in South Africa it's about $40-$50 (I converted).

I'm 50/50 about this product. I love it more than any concealer I've had (I've used MAC, Smashbox, Bobbi Brown) but I don't think I'll always use it. I guess finding the right concealer it like finding the right guy; it's different for everyone, and when you get together, you just know. Hopefully I'll find my coverage soon, cause damn this is expensive.

Love love this concealer! It just somehow blends in with my skin tone and texture like no other concealer does. Very high quality and definitely worth the slightly high price tag. One pen/tube lasts for at least 3 months, probably more, even with daily usage. Highly recommend!

This product is great! The only reason I would not consider re-purchasing is because of the price.
I use this for cleaning up and highlighting underneath my eyebrows - the shape of the pen is perfect for it.
I doesn't really 'conceal' much though.
The consistency is great, it's fragrance free and the packaging is super pretty (I love YSL packaging) and I do like the clicking function, it ensures I don't dispense too much product.

I only really use this for my brows and tidying up around my eyes if I am creating a really crisp line, but I do my brows everyday so this is obviously part of my everyday routine.

The best, super well blendable.

Top Rated Yves Saint Laurent Products