August 23, 2014 | 1046 users online

Concealers - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat No 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I owned 2 of these - the old version lasted me for almost 2 years (worn only on weekends or whenever I needed to look better than usual), and it was my HG undereye concealer/brightener.

Once I ran out of it, I didn't think twice about buying again. However, the new version (the click pen one) truly sucks! It barely covers, it doesn't brighten at all, and worst of all, it's very thin and oily. It literally deposits drops of product mixed with a nasty oil on my skin, even though I make sure to shake it to mix everything inside.

They ruined a great thing, and for the price, this is a no-no. I will not buy this again, I'll be on the lookout for something else.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Luffz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

What. Is. Up.. With all the rave reviews on this product? I have very dark circles under my eyes, and this didn't do the slightest thing on covering it or lighting it up. It doesn't even show up on my skin, and I even got the color matched in the store. I sooo wanted to love this, and I was positively sure that I would, but no. I tried applying it with several different techniques, and non of them worked for me. With primer, without primer, dotting, dabbing, brushes. For the money this costs, you would be able to find 5 concealers/highlighters that would do the job a lot better.

Absolute waste of money, I am disappointed.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by sullyPDX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I don't know how I lived without this product. I'd used Chanel concealer for years, and had results that were so-so. It's difficult to conceal circles for those of us with fair skin. I gave Touche Éclat a whirl and have never looked back. I literally can't live without it, and if I had to pick one makeup product this would be it. I look rested and feel beautiful. I carry one in my handbag and keep one in my makeup bag. It also lasts quite a long time. I'd guess that I purchase one about every six months. There's simply nothing better for hiding under-eye circles.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by abigtourist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish I could love this product, but the price and the fact that Maybelline Dream Lumi works just as well at a much lower price made me regret buying this product. For those who are interested in brightening products like this, you have to really be careful in your application so you can get the desired result. I don't treat this item as a concealer --- one click is all I need. I swipe the product at the back of my hand, then use my ring finger to tap the product to the inner corner-ish area of my under eyes.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 8:54:00 AM More reviews by Walko

I strayed from this for a couple of years because as people have rightly pointed out this is a highlighter not a concealer.I've used loads of concealers to try and hide dark circles from high end to drugstore when I had the answer all the time.I beleived because this was a highlighter it couldn't do the job and there was something better out there. Well there isn't , not for me anyway. It's ok when you're young , a concealer will hide darkness , but when the fine lines and wrinkles set in it's a whole new ball game.I was fed up of concealers making my under eyes look wrinkly, they looked better without concealer but what about the darkness?I decided to try this again in no2, years ago I used 1 but 2 is better for me. I apply this over foundation, powder , then apply little more on top of powder. The darkness is gone and no cakiness or wrinkles(as well as can be expected at my age anyway).Yes this is a highlighter but it reflects light away from the darkness that's why it CAN work on dark circles.If you're still seeing darkness try a LITTLE bit of concealer on top.The consistency of this just does not settle into lines. For more mature ladies like myself give this a try , I'm so glad I went back to it.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2013 7:57:00 AM More reviews by LightlySalted

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Loved this! I've been using Touche Eclat for years. In fact I started using it when it was just one color. I was introduced to No. 2 when it first came out and I've been a loyal user ever since. It is a very good product, the no.2 shade is perfect for my skin tone (Asian/ Olive skin). But now that I'm over 40, I don't think Touche Eclat works for my skintone. I am reluctantly shopping around for a replacement but It's so hard to say goodbye to a great concealer!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by tashy88

LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! makes you look 10 years younger:):) best highlighter ever. last all day and last all night for a night out. dont really have to say much more A+++++++++

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's a good highlighters, it doesn't grease nor sits on my fine lines. It doesn't conceal anything, you must use a concealer and this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

UPDATE 19 April 2013:
I got a Teint Eclat foundation because I liked the highlighter so much. I se the foundation over my eye-area - it works well. I will reserve the cliker pen for on-the-go.
END OF UPDATE
UPDATE 05 March 2013:
Today I got a fake Touche Eclat from ebay. You can read about it at the end of this review. I have actually gotten fakes from there TWICE - I wouldn't recommend trying to get Touche Eclat from Ebay - many sellers sell fakes or seem to not be aware of selling fakes. If you absolutely want to get it on ebay, show the seller the photos from this review first and ask if what he sells actually is the real deal.
Also: if you want a cheaper alternative to Touche Eclat, try the Prep + Prime Highlighter from MAC - it's much bigger, has a little more coverage and might be a better alternative :)
END OF UPDATE
I bought this for lightening up undereye circles just slightly. I don't need much coverage because I first use a BB cream (Skin79 Gold) all over my face, including the whole eye-area, and there isn't that much to conceal after this. I also prefer to not cover up everything as I want to cover imperfections without having to go back and add colours to "unflattify" my face again. UPDATE: I now even wear this by itself, with nothing under - it has enough concealing power for me even on it's own :)
My skin is very light olive - about NC15. In concealer I usually like peachy or orange shades to cover up my greenish veins, but in this concealer I actually had to choose nr 2, which is a very light yellow shade. Nr 1, which was a light pink, made my undereye area look a little bit purple. Nr 3 is a peach colour better suited for darker skins. Nr 6 (?) was... quite strange to me - it was an almost greenish yellow that probably should suit those who have pink undereyes.
The qualities I want the products for my undereyes to have are:
- longevity - I'm NOT going to reapply during the day
- not be drying, as I have dry skin and not wanting to cause wrinkles
- not crease or minimal creasing
- light coverage
I like this because I can easily use it to cover a little without it being noticeable in any way, it doesn't crease, it's not drying and it doesn't seem to disappear during the day (although my BB cream does work like a good primer). It makes my undereye area lighter and fresher looking. When I was looking for a new concealer in the store, the sales assistants kept telling me that this isn't a thick concealer, but a highlighter and that it's not going to cover much. I take that as most people are actually looking for something different than this - for more coverage when they are searching for concealer. This is a highlighter, but it does have enough concealing power to me (again: I need VERY little).
BTW: the way I apply this is smear a little under my eyes and use a beauty blender-sponge to spread it and even everything out. I don't think I waste that much product and the very even results are worth it for me.
The cons of this is the price, especially because it takes a little bit of product to cover everything ("cover" as in "apply to whole area to be highlighted"), so I don't know how long this will last. I also don't like the packaging - it's quite big for the little amount of product you get and it's not sturdy at all compared to my Kanebo concealer.
I DO like the product - it looks very natural on, but don't know if I'll repurchase again because of the price - it costs $50 here. I'll update this later on how long the amount of product lasted.
FAKE TOUCHE ECLAT:
Don't know how to add pictures to a review (mail me if you know how), but I have included the links for my pictures. Fake smells roses, while real doesn't smell anything. The brush on the real one is much softer and won't thug the thin skin under the eyes. The product comes out much easier for the real one. The real product is quite liquid, while the fake one is kinda goopy. In general, the packaging for the fake one looks really, really good, so I think not many people would even suspect it to be a fake.
http://img.makeupalley.com/5/5/3/4/2399033.JPG upper one is fake - it's more shiny than the real one
http://img.makeupalley.com/5/5/3/4/2399034.JPG upper one is fake - the knob is way longer than on the real one
http://img.makeupalley.com/5/5/3/4/2399035.JPG right one is fake - it is a little thinner
http://img.makeupalley.com/5/5/3/4/2399036.JPG left one is fake - look at that poorly fitted sticker
http://img.makeupalley.com/5/5/3/4/2399037.JPG lower one is fake
http://img.makeupalley.com/5/5/3/4/2399038.JPG right one is fake nr 2 - it has a pinkish colour, very close to real nr 1

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by tabloid

I got this as a sample from Sephora in three shades - No. 1 is too peachy-pink but No. 2 is the perfect shade for my light complexion (the third shade was way too dark for me).
I don't really understand why this is supposedly a cult favourite - in my opinion, it's overrated and overpriced. My Magic Lumi highlighter pen from L'Oreal does the job just as well, at a fraction of the price. And as other reviewers have noted, it is a highlighter, not a concealer.