September 30, 2014 | 1691 users online

Fragrances - Givenchy - Very Irresistible Sensual eau de parfum

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by makeupfun21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

SO sexy... absolutely delicious! (It is a little bit pricey, but worth purchasing if you want to smell irresistable.) As a previous person already noted in their review, this perfume almost makes me feel high/ intoxicated (in a good way) when I first spray it. In my opinion, this smells like a combination of roses and something slightly sugary with an undertone of a sweeter-scented men's cologne. This sounds like a revolting, toxic scent, but it somehow works! It's definitely a muskier, mysterious scent that is better suited for the night... but it isn't too heavy or cloying to wear during the day. The lasting power is AMAZING! Oh, and the bottle pretty much describes the scent: sophisticated and sexy.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by jaimenoelle

I don't understand all the hype about this perfume. I hated it at first, but it is kind of growing on me. Definitely last time I will buy a fragrance based on reviews and a youtube guru. Some say it has a "grown-up" quality to it, i'd say more like mature, borderline grandma-ish. If you like youthful fragrances, save your money! It is a heavy, very musky, oriental smell. I don't think you could pull this off during the day and definitely not in the spring or summer. I am going to keep it and try it a few more times, but i'm thinking......RETURN!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2010 10:13:00 AM More reviews by amerieD

i love this perfume! I'm using it for a few years and i just can't find another perfume as great as this one. everybody loves the way it smells on my skin, even people from the bus are asking me what im wearing cause it smells great. i absolutely adore it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by sunnyhu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is sexiness in a bottle! When I first put it on I can smell roses or flowers in general, and normally I am not the biggest fan but in this perfume it smells just right. Half an hour later the spiciness of star anise takes over, with an unimaginable depth and va va voom! At the end of the day it transforms yet again into the quiet, warm, and sexy vanilla. I do adore vanilla and I have smelled it in many perfumes, but this one exceeds by far compared with all the rest. The staying power is excellent. I avoid touching my neck during daytime so that I won't rub any perfume off, but when I sit down at night to check my e-mails I sometimes rest the side of my neck on my palm. Even after the entire day I can smell it on my palm, and there is something reassuring about the vanilla scent. I wouldn't say it's overpowering either, but then again I do live in Europe where a lot of women use more potent stuff. Would repurchase despite the fact that it's by no means a cheap perfume. I do see myself wearing this for several years to come!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by LaFlamme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite perfume right now. The rose note intoxicates me; when I wear this I feel high. It's sweet, but not cloying or girlish. It's a rich, beautiful rose based fragrance that is magical on me. Love, love, love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This perfume is...unique. First of all, it's morphs noticeably on my skin. At first spritz this stuff smelled disgusting- I could smell pure patchouli and nothing else. After about 15 minutes the patchouli had settled down and the perfume reminded me of CK Euphoria- deep, woodsy, and kind of sexy. After about half an hour, I sniffed my wrist again and the perfume had changed yet again- this time it smelled identical to another Givenchy perfume called Ange ou Demon. Seriously, the two perfumes smell exactly the same. Unfortunately, I aready own Ange ou Demon and I don't wear it much since it's pretty strong and a little old for me. So, while Irrisistible Sensual does smell deep, dark, and vaguely sexy, I don't foresee myself wearing it much or repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2009 1:12:00 PM More reviews by TheAscension

This is an amazing scent. I'm quite the fan of darker, warmer scents, not so much really floral scents like this. Normally, I wouldn't go near patchouli, but this makes it classy,and downright sexy. I'm not sure if this would be a work scent or not, I don't think so. If I need that extra oomph to pull off an outfit, really, this is it. Spray a bit on, and I'm fairly certain Warrant's " Cherry Pie" becomes your theme song.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2009 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Terminatrix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this scent. Very sexy i must say. I got compliments on it all the time. I used to use the eau de tolette but i changed to the parfum because i used the other up so much because the scent was so watered down light! The parfum lasts longer, its a bit strong so dont go overboard! Just the important parts.... neck, wrists and maybe one spray downsouth but thats IT lol. Or maybe you can do that double pits to chesty thing the guys do with their axe... yea that should work too

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2009 11:36:00 PM More reviews by spikester

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is such a beautiful fragrance. I like it much better than the original "Very Irresistible", That one was too strong. This one is much lighter but still has great sillage and staying power. It is a soft, romantic scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2009 6:44:00 AM More reviews by MellyHelly

Ohhh this is a lovely frag and I say that at my own amazement. I'm reviewing the Sensual EdP version which I found more interesting than the basic one, even if they're both plaesant, being the basic one more wearable and less cloying.
I'm usually a fan of niche-market L'Artisan, Creed, Fragonard, vintage houses, Diptique, vibrant scents with a soul that speak to my olfactive memory.
All these glamour mainstreet scents have no history/soul for me, they are very chemical and smell all the same. They are big, stiff, flat and meaningless.
That said, it's quite obvious I didn't expect to like Very Irresistible. I've always had a good relationship with Givenchy's scents. In spite of their tendency to overpower your immune-system and nervous system when over-applied (Amarige-bomb for all) and the fact that they can smell dirty or rotten on the wrong person, they actually agree with my chemistry. I don't like them all, but they almost all are pleasant in a way.
I have to say that both the name and advertising are not appealing to me. All these mainstreet parfumeurs come out every now and then with a new sensual-summer-cocktail-red-purple-blue-deep-light version of their several fragrances. The name "very irresistible" sounds so banal and phoney to me. Left alone "very irresistible sensual" LOL I'm not either an admirer of Liv Tyler's bovine charme.
Still, I was looking for a new frag that could be wearable, noticeable, yummy, crowd-understood, not too extravagant. I love many L'artisan scents and one of these is Dzongka... well, it's not something I like to wear outdoor at social events. Also choosing a new scent is a matter of slow contemplation in almost empty niche-shops and only the ones with nice SAs.
I don't like Sephoras into freaky shopping malls with loud music. This time I was looking for a pleasant, sexy, social frag that could make me feel less aloof in the mass crowd LOL.
Wandering at Sephora in a loud shopping mall I was overwhelmed by tons of artificial smells. I went for Kelly Caleche but it turned weird and unpleasant on my skin. A SA proposed the new Givenchy Absolutely Irresistible (hahahaha!!! After you've been only "very" now you can choose to be "absolutely"!) and I found it a bit masculine on paper, then she spray me with the Very Irresistible tester and it came out it was EdP Sensual tester.
Nice smell. Feminine and relatively complex. Still on the chemical-concoction side like so many Hypnose, Magnifique, Provocative, Hypnotique Poison, Pure Poison, Hugo Boss Deep Red etc... but better. It's surely strong and needs to be handled carefully, but I don't find it repulsive or cloying. What I smell in this scent is luscious feminine sweet rose with different shades and a strong wood base drenched in vanilla. Star anice is not so evident. It's more of an enveloping note that makes a soft coat for the whole mix without overpowering it. I also smell hints of fruits as a side smell around the roses.
I'm glad this is more of a strong rosey-vanillic scent than a fruity-vanillic one. I wouldn't say it's highly classy nor elegant nor refined, but it's on the edge and - thanks Gods- doesn't fall down on the BonBon candy syrupy side. There is a remote similarity with Cacharel Gloria, but that turned more dirty on me.
It holds fair resemblance to Midnight Poison, but much less pungent and dirty, and the rose is not sunk, but rather comes out brightly.
I would wear Very Irresistible Sensual to a romantic date (small dose!), because it screams: "Woman!" and this is what I was looking for at the moment LOL
Lovely in cold windy weather, it could be bearable in hot weather too, if applied with very light hand. Not bad at work, because it wears quite close to the skin. I only dab 2 drops on wrists and neck.
I cannot understand the "old lady" claim. Old ladies don't smell like this and if they did, it would be their attempt to be an attractive young adult woman. Even a teenager maybe.
This is my personal perception, being used to classical complex scents. The bottle is just nice, not especially artistic, feminine and has a nice colour, still it's not an important issue for me.
I will probably buy a bottle at lunch, even if I have to enter a loud shopping mall.

14 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No