December 22, 2014 | 1806 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nuxe - Huile Prodigieuse (Multipurpose dry oil)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by solai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This oil is rather similar to the one from Caudalie. The only difference is the scent - Caudalie's Huile Divine has a slightly stronger and more peppery scent, this one is lighter and leans more towards vanilla. Like Caudalie, this oil can absorb easily but you need to apply it on DAMP skin. Otherwise it might sit on your skin for a while but even then it'll absorb quicker than you'd think. This bottle doesn't come with a spray dispenser like Huile Divine but is easy to use nonetheless.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was in France a few weeks ago, visiting family. My sister had a full bottle of this in her bathroom. She told me it had been a gift, but that she never used it (my sister is not a cosmetics/MU junkie like I am, and she barely knows the basics on the subject). "Take it, if you want," she said. I didn't even let her finish the sentence and pounced on this oil I had heard so much about.

I love this oil. Since I hate to feel gooey and sticky, my method is as follows. After I shower I pat dry my legs and arms. Then I wet my hands and spray this twice or three times into my wet hands. Then I smooth it all over my legs and arms. My legs are smooth, soft and hydrated without feeling greasy or sticky. And it lasts the whole day. My legs were so dry and flaky you could light a match on them. Not anymore. They look so much better after using this for a few weeks. I used to use Neutrogena's Bath Oil and it's not bad. But this kicks it to the curb.

Only problem is I can't find it where I live and I know it is very pricey. Oh, well. I'll enjoy it while it lasts. Thank you, sis!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Milicica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't want to knock the ratings to this product down so I'm giving it a 4 because as far as moisturizing goes it does a decent job and its not iritating. I can't stand the smell though so i can only tolerate it at night under my nightcream, and due to scent I haven't tried using it on my body or hair. Its a pretty big size bottle and its already lasted me over 4 month without being even half empty so if you like the scent I think it's a pretty good investment. If you are like me however,make sure to sniff it before buying.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2014 6:03:00 AM More reviews by rachellelkelley

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I coveted this for a while before I finally bought it. It is definitely a high-end product. The packaging is very pretty and elegant. It also smells very good, and it's a subtle aroma. (I also bought Lierac's oil in my oil-buying frenzy; I like the smell of this much better.) I haven't had any trouble with it bothering my somewhat-sensitive, prone-to-redness skin anywhere I've put it. However, I also bought Caudalie's dry oil, and I liked it better than the Nuxe version. Caudalie's little bottle is only $9 at Sephora, and I love it. I like the spray bottle dispenser a lot better than Nuxe's non-spray version. This is nice stuff, though. Between Caudalie, Lierac, and Nuxe, I really love French skincare. :-)
(I didn't care for the quite strong smell of the Lierac oil...but it did make the skin on my face look great.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 5:03:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product (and its twin with golden shimmer) for nearly 20 years. Its my HG staple oil and nothing compares to it. Its wonderful for the skin and hair, and I love the smell. No, Its not cheap ($45 for the regular dry oil and $58 for the gold), but its totally worth every penny.

If you have never tried this run and do so stat! Its amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Littlebopeepyo

This is a beautiful product. I have never had loyalty to an oil. This smells like luxury and works like a dream, highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by allbeautyincluded

a very good product i prefer it like night cream for my face!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Sheedybeady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wonderful - I'm sure the scent is not for everyone but I absolutely love it.Everything about this product feels really luxe and expensive considering its price point.
Non greasy, fast absorbing on the skin. I use it in my hair with deep conditioning treatments as an extra boost. It's a bit like a hot oil as I run the hot tap for a minute over a small sample bottle before applying to ends of my hair.

I ordered from the UK using the Nuxe website - really quick and secure delivery and lots of free mini samples.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2014 2:11:00 AM More reviews by Karlily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Those with sensitive skin, beware! I tried out a small sample packet and had my eczema flare right up on my cheek within a couple of days. Otherwise it felt great and I didn't mind the smell (but was only using it at night).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by carinnemj

I adore, adore, adore the scent and texture of this dry oil. It's an elegant, warm floral with jasmine, and my skin just drinks it up. The spray bottle is genius -- it puts out a fine mist that you just want to walk through. I massage three spritzes on my shoulders and decolletage and then run my palms over my hair to smooth away frizz.

At a Parisian pharmacie, I paid 19 (about $26 USD) for a 100g special edition black bottle featuring a gold drawing of a woman in a sundress and floppy hat.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No