October 23, 2014 | 1316 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nuxe - Huile Prodigieuse (Multipurpose dry oil)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 5:03:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product (and its twin with golden shimmer) for nearly 20 years. Its my HG staple oil and nothing compares to it. Its wonderful for the skin and hair, and I love the smell. No, Its not cheap ($45 for the regular dry oil and $58 for the gold), but its totally worth every penny.

If you have never tried this run and do so stat! Its amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Littlebopeepyo

This is a beautiful product. I have never had loyalty to an oil. This smells like luxury and works like a dream, highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by allbeautyincluded

a very good product i prefer it like night cream for my face!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Sheedybeady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wonderful - I'm sure the scent is not for everyone but I absolutely love it.Everything about this product feels really luxe and expensive considering its price point.
Non greasy, fast absorbing on the skin. I use it in my hair with deep conditioning treatments as an extra boost. It's a bit like a hot oil as I run the hot tap for a minute over a small sample bottle before applying to ends of my hair.

I ordered from the UK using the Nuxe website - really quick and secure delivery and lots of free mini samples.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2014 2:11:00 AM More reviews by Karlily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Those with sensitive skin, beware! I tried out a small sample packet and had my eczema flare right up on my cheek within a couple of days. Otherwise it felt great and I didn't mind the smell (but was only using it at night).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by carinnemj

I adore, adore, adore the scent and texture of this dry oil. It's an elegant, warm floral with jasmine, and my skin just drinks it up. The spray bottle is genius -- it puts out a fine mist that you just want to walk through. I massage three spritzes on my shoulders and decolletage and then run my palms over my hair to smooth away frizz.

At a Parisian pharmacie, I paid 19 (about $26 USD) for a 100g special edition black bottle featuring a gold drawing of a woman in a sundress and floppy hat.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 10:01:00 AM More reviews by jmazzeo192

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It doesn't get better than this!
Truly lives up to all its claims, at least for me it does. Love it in summer over my tan and love it in winter on dry skin. The scent is light. It does not linger, though I've read the reviews of others who write it does, however, with me this is not the case. I only wish it did because I find myself at times applying it for its fragrance. Hopefully its perfume version will become more readily available in the US in near future.
I sometimes wear it alone on my lips or a dab over lip color for a naturally looking sheen, not over the top shine which is fine for the younger set but not someone over 40. It's great on its own all over my face and neck as it is quickly absorbed, leaving me with a nice velvety feel. I also smooth it on lightly over a few strands of hair for its beautifully reflective effects.
It's a wonderful product, truly prodigious!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Qsma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have both the regular and the gold one and I *think* I like the regular one best, although the gold shimmer is nice on a summer evening.

It makes my skin feel so soft. The smell is divine. I like to apply this before crawling into bed. It feels so luxurious. Wonderful, wonderful product that really does deserve the hype.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 7:00:00 AM More reviews by babyschla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have average skin which has just started to get slightly dry in the winter.

I have been using the stuff when I shower at the gym because I have carpet in my bathroom and the oil was really messing with it. This is one thing to consider - the spray is kind of like a vapor/mist so it's not hard to get it all over your bathroom -it sprays like perfume, but it's oil so it will make things oily.

ANYHOW

That aside, it's lovely stuff. Very moisturising, sinks in really well. Has a subtle fragrance that I don't love but it's gentle and non-obtrusive so I don't mind it at all. It's really convenient for the gym as I just spray it on and rub it in slightly (much quicker than lotion) and go. The packaging is quite fun in that it's a clear glass bottle so it feels a bit fancy. It's heavy though, so slightly inconvenient for my gym bag. Would look great on your make up desk though. I just ran out and have re-purchased.

I used to get this in Paris when I went on trips but I see Marks & Spencer is now selling a whole range of Nuxe!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Disintigratedwoman

I absolutely love this oil. My best friend bought this for me as a Christmas present because I've been wanting it for so long but didn't purchase it because of the price. I tried it first as a hair oil - I applied it after towel-drying my shampooed hair, and I found that it made my hair quite greasy-looking. Maybe I applied too much - I will have to try again with a smaller quantity. I haven't tried using the oil on my face because I have sensitive skin and the perfume is quite strong. My favourite way to use this oil is definitely on my body after showering - I spray the oil liberally all over my arms, legs and chest and my skin absorbs the oil more quickly than a body lotion, and it leaves my skin feeling SO soft and silky for hours - not to mention, smelling great! I am really impressed and will definitely continue purchasing this oil. I would especially use this oil on my body before wearing a dress in the summer (that will show my legs, arms, and cleavage) and before going into bed with a lover ;)