Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse (Multipurpose dry oil)

4.2

Isopropyl Isostearate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil*, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Corylus Avellana Nut Oil/Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Tocopherol, Borago Officinale Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinale (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hypericum Perforatum Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool [N1005/D]

on 1/12/2015 3:47:00 PM

I´m using a little 10ml bottle I got with a few other Nuxe samples . I use it on my face at night and under my moisturizer instead of a serum which I use in the morning. It has a nice floral fragrance and the bottle seems to last forever. It is a bit difficult trying to get the right amount out without spilling all of it. Leaves my skin very smooth in the morning. Wouldn´t use during the day due to the shine. I have actually invested in some 50ml bottles which should last me over a year with nightly use. Might try to get the 100ml as this comes in a spray bottle which should be easier to apply. I will probably try to decanter the bigger bottles into the 10ml one as it is easier to handle and looks quite cute.

on 12/15/2014 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Update 12/31/2014:
Ok, I was Sooo wrong with my earlier review!! I gave this oil another try and now I'm hooked!!! I use it as a face moisturiser and I love it. It sinks in quickly, doesn't break me out and gives me such a nice glow. Even my father noticed it and asked what I did to my face "it looked so gorgeous". I've been playing around with it and do notice a difference. My skin is brighter, moren even toned and very soft. It doesn't shine, but glows!

I received a small sample bottle of this at my pharmacy. Since I was curious about all the magical benefits this oil has to offer, I tried it after my shower. This is what I think: packaging: nice bottle, but tricky because glass and oil do not mix! Substance: a nice and smooth dry oil, which sinks in quickly and leaves skin soft. Scent: soft tiaré scent, nothing special. My conclusion after a few hours: this oil is nothing special. It doesn't keep my dry patches moisturised, my skin feels parched after a couple of hours. I used it on the ends of my hair too, and also here is nothing worth mentioning.... No extra moisture, no extra softness. No, I can get a lot more benefit when I use pure almond or olive oil, or good old Nivea cream. Those are much more effective. I'm glad I didn't splurge on this average product.

on 11/30/2014 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I've gone through 3 bottles it's that good. I use this for my body and not so much my face or hair. The best dry oil I've come across. It's moisturizing but not at all heavy on the body and just sinks into the skin so beautifully. You can put your clothes on and not stick to anything. The scent is this is delicious, divine, beach like and sunny....smelled so good I bought the matching perfume!

I think it is not fair only the bigger size come with a spray and the smaller ones don't. I find I burn through this quickly, does not last long. I have very dry skin, living in a cold country, and this oil smells amazing so I just dollop this on with pleasure and next thing I know I'm soon to be due for another bottle. I find you can mix this too with creams and lotions. Quite versatile. This is worth it. Worth the hype and every penny.

on 11/9/2014 8:56:00 PM

I use this exclusively for my face (too expensive to use on my body). I generally put three sprays at night (over serum or under a night cream depending on how dry my skin is) and one spray in the morning under CC cream. I have combination skin and this never beaks me out and keeps my dry spots under control. I personally LOVE the scent, it's beachy but elegant. I do also use Caudalie Huile Divin, but I prefer the scent of the Nuxe. As far as the price, it's well worth it for me since I use so little of it.

on 9/13/2014 5:34:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I received the one with golden shimmer as a gift. I do like the smell of this oil and like the way it looks on the face. I tried on hair too, like the smell on the hair. It is nice in general, but I actually do not like the shimmer. I think the version without shimmer will be used more by me. But I do not think I will buy it since I can buy oil much cheaper and mix myself according to my own need.

on 9/12/2014 10:44:00 AM

I've like almost every Nuxe product I've tried, and so decided to give this a try based on the fact that so many people swear by it. I use body oils once and while and like them, but can't say I prefer them to lotions. This however, is a really, really nice formula. Really light but moisturizing, and the fragrance is beautiful. I love the fragrance so much I bought the perfume of it from Europe. This is best used RIGHT when you get out of the shower. If you wait too long it doesn't soak in as much. I have only used it on my body, not hair or face.

on 8/31/2014 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This smells amazing. I don't want to sound like one of those YouTube girls who seem to have a hamper of stuff that smells like what dreams are made of but seriously - this stuff smells SO GOOD! This first time I tried this out my mom demanded to know what it was. The second time I tried it I hugged a friend and she brought me in for another hug because I smell so good. I would say it smells like vanilla, but lighter with a tinge of floral. It's a modern, beachy, luxurious scent and it would suit any girl. It lingers but its subtle, so you won't be choking anyone if you put too much of this on.

It's also incredibly effective. I usually put this on after I step out of the shower and it leaves my skin so moisturized, soft and glowy, without a tinge of greasiness. Sometimes when I'm lazy, I skip conditioner to save time and run a few drops of this through my damp hair and the next morning I wake up to healthy locks.

I would say that the price is reasonable and is worth its value. It comes in an elegant transparent bottle that sits pretty on any surface. I will definitely repurchase, but next time I'm getting the bigger bottle (the one I have now is 50ml)!

on 8/20/2014 8:21:00 PM

I received a sample of this from my local pharmacy and I have to say, I love it. I use it on my hair, face, body, everywhere. It smells delicious without being overpowering and it doesn't feel greasy. I also think the packaging is beautiful.

on 8/10/2014 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Ever had dry skin to a point of itchiness? I have been uncomfortable throughout my pregnancy due to dryness & severe itchiness, to a point where i'm literally waking up from scratching! Without further ado, I want to say that I am completely OBSESSED with this liquid gold! I was spending a fortune trying body butters, including Kiehl's Creme de Corp body butter (it gets sticky when i sweat!), and also Caudalie's new divine oil (which gave me nausea from the scent!). I found this oil through a free sample at the Walgreens (yes Walgreens!) Look Boutique in Houston and I JUST CANT STOP SMELLING MYSELF! It has the best smelling beachy floral scent and the dry oil does not even feel greasy once applied! I snatched up a small bottle and the SA (I know, the look boutique concept totally looks like sephora in a walgreens...no joke!) also mentioned about the lip balm being their best sellers, so I also bought one. I use this after i pat dry from showering and this oil keeps me moisturized without feeling sticky or greasy which really helped my skin, plus I don't mind using it on my belly for some stretch mark prevention... who knows! I also use this for the dry patches on my cheeks which none have helped after purchasing many creams from Kiehl's, Caudalie and Korres. It has yet to dethrone my kerastase elixir ultime, but It really is an amazing multi-purpose oil and I now have bought the one with shimmer for the body for a beach trip! If you are deciding on what to buy from Nuxe, this is a must have item! If you have to decide between this and Caudalie, Nuxe is a lighter oil, less greasy on the skin and also smells sooooo much better! If you have to choose between the spray or the splash bottle, (I have both) get the spray for the body and splash if you plan to use it for your face. Look out for Nuxe sales, I got my big spray bottle for 30% off with free gifts :)

on 7/29/2014 8:23:00 PM

I love this oil. I picked up a bottle on my last trip to Paris having little to no expectations and it's become one of my go to skincare products. I mix a bit of the oil with my body moisturizer and apply all over. It really makes your skin feel super soft and smooth. I also really like the scent.