Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse (Multipurpose dry oil)

4.2

Isopropyl Isostearate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil*, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Corylus Avellana Nut Oil/Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Tocopherol, Borago Officinale Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinale (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hypericum Perforatum Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool [N1005/D]

on 8/31/2014 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This smells amazing. I don't want to sound like one of those YouTube girls who seem to have a hamper of stuff that smells like what dreams are made of but seriously - this stuff smells SO GOOD! This first time I tried this out my mom demanded to know what it was. The second time I tried it I hugged a friend and she brought me in for another hug because I smell so good. I would say it smells like vanilla, but lighter with a tinge of floral. It's a modern, beachy, luxurious scent and it would suit any girl. It lingers but its subtle, so you won't be choking anyone if you put too much of this on.

It's also incredibly effective. I usually put this on after I step out of the shower and it leaves my skin so moisturized, soft and glowy, without a tinge of greasiness. Sometimes when I'm lazy, I skip conditioner to save time and run a few drops of this through my damp hair and the next morning I wake up to healthy locks.

I would say that the price is reasonable and is worth its value. It comes in an elegant transparent bottle that sits pretty on any surface. I will definitely repurchase, but next time I'm getting the bigger bottle (the one I have now is 50ml)!

on 8/20/2014 8:21:00 PM

I received a sample of this from my local pharmacy and I have to say, I love it. I use it on my hair, face, body, everywhere. It smells delicious without being overpowering and it doesn't feel greasy. I also think the packaging is beautiful.

on 8/10/2014 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Ever had dry skin to a point of itchiness? I have been uncomfortable throughout my pregnancy due to dryness & severe itchiness, to a point where i'm literally waking up from scratching! Without further ado, I want to say that I am completely OBSESSED with this liquid gold! I was spending a fortune trying body butters, including Kiehl's Creme de Corp body butter (it gets sticky when i sweat!), and also Caudalie's new divine oil (which gave me nausea from the scent!). I found this oil through a free sample at the Walgreens (yes Walgreens!) Look Boutique in Houston and I JUST CANT STOP SMELLING MYSELF! It has the best smelling beachy floral scent and the dry oil does not even feel greasy once applied! I snatched up a small bottle and the SA (I know, the look boutique concept totally looks like sephora in a walgreens...no joke!) also mentioned about the lip balm being their best sellers, so I also bought one. I use this after i pat dry from showering and this oil keeps me moisturized without feeling sticky or greasy which really helped my skin, plus I don't mind using it on my belly for some stretch mark prevention... who knows! I also use this for the dry patches on my cheeks which none have helped after purchasing many creams from Kiehl's, Caudalie and Korres. It has yet to dethrone my kerastase elixir ultime, but It really is an amazing multi-purpose oil and I now have bought the one with shimmer for the body for a beach trip! If you are deciding on what to buy from Nuxe, this is a must have item! If you have to decide between this and Caudalie, Nuxe is a lighter oil, less greasy on the skin and also smells sooooo much better! If you have to choose between the spray or the splash bottle, (I have both) get the spray for the body and splash if you plan to use it for your face. Look out for Nuxe sales, I got my big spray bottle for 30% off with free gifts :)

on 7/29/2014 8:23:00 PM

I love this oil. I picked up a bottle on my last trip to Paris having little to no expectations and it's become one of my go to skincare products. I mix a bit of the oil with my body moisturizer and apply all over. It really makes your skin feel super soft and smooth. I also really like the scent.

on 7/24/2014 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This oil is rather similar to the one from Caudalie. The only difference is the scent - Caudalie's Huile Divine has a slightly stronger and more peppery scent, this one is lighter and leans more towards vanilla. Like Caudalie, this oil can absorb easily but you need to apply it on DAMP skin. Otherwise it might sit on your skin for a while but even then it'll absorb quicker than you'd think. This bottle doesn't come with a spray dispenser like Huile Divine but is easy to use nonetheless.

on 7/24/2014 2:57:00 PM

I was in France a few weeks ago, visiting family. My sister had a full bottle of this in her bathroom. She told me it had been a gift, but that she never used it (my sister is not a cosmetics/MU junkie like I am, and she barely knows the basics on the subject). "Take it, if you want," she said. I didn't even let her finish the sentence and pounced on this oil I had heard so much about.

I love this oil. Since I hate to feel gooey and sticky, my method is as follows. After I shower I pat dry my legs and arms. Then I wet my hands and spray this twice or three times into my wet hands. Then I smooth it all over my legs and arms. My legs are smooth, soft and hydrated without feeling greasy or sticky. And it lasts the whole day. My legs were so dry and flaky you could light a match on them. Not anymore. They look so much better after using this for a few weeks. I used to use Neutrogena's Bath Oil and it's not bad. But this kicks it to the curb.

Only problem is I can't find it where I live and I know it is very pricey. Oh, well. I'll enjoy it while it lasts. Thank you, sis!

on 7/22/2014 10:59:00 AM

I don't want to knock the ratings to this product down so I'm giving it a 4 because as far as moisturizing goes it does a decent job and its not iritating. I can't stand the smell though so i can only tolerate it at night under my nightcream, and due to scent I haven't tried using it on my body or hair. Its a pretty big size bottle and its already lasted me over 4 month without being even half empty so if you like the scent I think it's a pretty good investment. If you are like me however,make sure to sniff it before buying.

I coveted this for a while before I finally bought it. It is definitely a high-end product. The packaging is very pretty and elegant. It also smells very good, and it's a subtle aroma. (I also bought Lierac's oil in my oil-buying frenzy; I like the smell of this much better.) I haven't had any trouble with it bothering my somewhat-sensitive, prone-to-redness skin anywhere I've put it. However, I also bought Caudalie's dry oil, and I liked it better than the Nuxe version. Caudalie's little bottle is only $9 at Sephora, and I love it. I like the spray bottle dispenser a lot better than Nuxe's non-spray version. This is nice stuff, though. Between Caudalie, Lierac, and Nuxe, I really love French skincare. :-)
(I didn't care for the quite strong smell of the Lierac oil...but it did make the skin on my face look great.)

on 7/15/2014 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have been using this product (and its twin with golden shimmer) for nearly 20 years. Its my HG staple oil and nothing compares to it. Its wonderful for the skin and hair, and I love the smell. No, Its not cheap ($45 for the regular dry oil and $58 for the gold), but its totally worth every penny.

If you have never tried this run and do so stat! Its amazing.

This is a beautiful product. I have never had loyalty to an oil. This smells like luxury and works like a dream, highly recommended.