Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse (Multi-Purpose Dry Oil)

4.2

Isopropyl Isostearate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil*, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Corylus Avellana Nut Oil/Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Tocopherol, Borago Officinale Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinale (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hypericum Perforatum Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool [N1005/D]

I've been using this product for a year now and I'm addicted to the smell. I use it after every shower and it has kept my skin soft and smooth. I'm not a big fan of the oil on my hair...I tried a few times, but even in extremely small quantities it really weighed my hair down. As a body/face oil, I'm extremely satisfied and have already gone through several bottles, so I gave it 5 stars.

This oil looks very luxe, but consists of a few good oils with a lot of fragrance and other chemicals. The smell is ok, but I do not like that the first ingredients is already one I cannot pronounce. The price is quite high for this product, and NUXE does not actually list the ingredients on their website. I find that to be very disingenuous, and would not recommend this product.

I use this exclusively for hair.

Love the solid glass bottle, the consistency of the oil and how it softens and shines my thick, coarse hair without weighing it down or making it greasy.

The scent can be overpowering but it soon dissipates (no one has ever commented on it).

Expensive but a little goes a long way.

I've had this for 4 years now....And I think I've only used it twice.
Anything multipurpose confuses me. I don't know what it's really for so when I go hrough my routines, I always forget it because I don't realy know what I should use it for.
I realy think it's not the product's fault tough. It's just not for me. I shouldn't have bought it. Also, I made the mistake to buy the shimmery one. It's even harder for me to use it. Does it really make a difference on hair if it's shimmery? I don't think so. And I can't use it on my cuticles because my fingers get all shimmery and weird and I would never even think to use it on my face. Not even as a joke. It doesnt feel super nourishing so I just think this buy was a miss for me. I'll probably throw it in the garbage...

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

What first attracted me to this product was its absolutely gorgeous, light, floral scent that lingers for just the right length of time with soft sillage. The elegant packaging also coaxed me to buying it. The oil itself is light and smooth in texture.

So far, I've used the product on my coarse, dry, curly hair. I used it on my hair out of pure desperation as I ran out of my frizz serum. To my surprise, it instantly made my hair shiny and smooth. I've tried various other serums (john frieda, l'oreal, albane) to reduce frizz on my hair before but none works as well as this oil. I was taken aback at first as I didn't think a multi-purpose oil would perform so well... and when I was done with the first bottle, I absolutely had to get another.

I have yet to try it out on my face and skin but I definitely look forward to it. Unfortunately the price point is a little disconcerting. But I go through the bottle pretty slow, so its not too bad.

In short I definitely recommend you try it out at least once :) it may surprise you.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Another fabulous product from Nuxe. I use this oil literally from my hair to my toes. It's not entirely dry, and does leave a subtle sheen, however it's not greasy at all. It has a delighful smell and makes my hair feel great, my skin feels like velvet and even softens cuticles and dry patches like elbows.
Buy a bottle and you'll be hooked. Highly recommended.

Remarkable product! Truly multipurpose! I heard recently that a bottle of this sells every six seconds! I usually use it on my hands and elbows, and after shaving my legs. I put several drops into my palms and work the oil through my hair. Wonderful scent, absorbs quickly and never feels greasy or oily.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I mix Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Dry oil into my moisturizer morning and night. 3 drops into roughly a half teaspoon size of DML Forte, my skin glows throughout the day and I wake up with nicely hydrated skin. My skin can be sensitive and dry, the feel of the oil with my moisturizer not only feels good but I have no reaction to the mixture either. I've been using this product for roughly a year.

i can't justify buying this again because it's way too expensive for what it is.

the glass bottle is really pretty and it feels nice and substantial to handle. i really like the packaging a lot (and to be honest when this runs out i'm just going to keep it and pour in that garnier stuff that looks really similar and costs about a sixth of the price because i like the way the bottle looks on my dresser.) it's a really pretty golden colour too.

the oil itself smells really nice, like hazelnuts and vanilla, but it's is very subtle. it doesn't stay smelling like that either, the scent pretty much evaporates when it dries on the skin. it feels really slight, and it just seems like once i've sprayed it on it disappears without really doing anything. i do feel very luxurious applying it after a shower, but i've not noticed any difference in how moisturised my skin feels. (although to be fair, my skin isn't really dry anyway.)

stupidly tried a tiny amount of it on the ends of my (oily type and freshly washed) hair after reading reviews of people saying that worked really well for them and had to wash my hair again, but it's just common sense not to put oil on your hair if your hair is oily anyway, so that's not a fault of the product.

so, pretty bottle, smells nice for a while but doesn't last, not worth twenty quid.

I recently discovered the Nuxe line & this dry oil is now a firm favourite in my daily skincare routine. It's a lovely, lightweight oil that smells wonderful & sinks in easily. I use a couple of squirts into my palm & gently apply to my face, neck & collarbone before applying other serums or moisturizers. It works very well in combination with a lighter serum like Jurlique Herbal recovery gel or with the moisturizing cream from the Nuxe Prodigieuse line. Overall it seems to calm & normalize my sensitive & cystic acne prone skin. (And to think I wasted my teenage years searching for oil free products....slaps own forehead....)

Since I just use this on my face & neck - the 3.3oz size should last a long time. I personally find the price a little steep to justify using it as an all over body oil. But if you enjoy the fragrance - use a little to tame flyaways or on your pulse points.

The square glass bottle is pretty to look at (it blends in perfectly with the collection of perfume bottles I have on display - tres chic) but as others have commented, it can get slippery to hold. You need to concentrate & try not to handle the bottle once you've applied the product. Which can be tricky to remember when one is standing in the bathroom bleary eyed first thing in the morning or last thing at night. :)

I find the spray pretty easy to use but if you're not keen on oil sprays - get the smaller size which comes with a splash bottle. I also purchased the Nuxe travel kit & pop the miniature splash bottle of this oil into my Ziploc bag of plane skincare essentials.
The travel kit is also a good way to decide if the distinctive scent is something you like or loathe.

Overall a great product that I will definitely repurchase once I run out.