April 17, 2014 | 1424 users online

Lipstick - Guerlain - Kiss Kiss Lipstick

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tested and subsequently bought Pink Boop the other day. When I got home after trying the tester, my lips seemed to be burning and very dry. I thought maybe it was the lip plumper I had put on top, but the burning started to migrate into my cheeks. I took off the lipstick and forgot about it. Two days later, I went to my local SDM to pick up some stuff and tested that same Pink Boop lipstick at their counter. Again, I had that burning sensation and while I waited for 3 hours to give it a chance, I finally had to remove the lipstick. I think I may be sensitive to the product, I liked the colour and that it was pigmented enough to completely cover my lip colour, but I found it went on very slippery, almost oily, then turned grainy and my lips started to flake. I guess the bottom line is that it is very drying, thereby possibly irritating. I think I will have to return it. Darn.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2007 5:56:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was so HAPPY to discover these lipsticks online for a fraction of their retail price! I could never have afforded to buy them at full price and I was always curious about them. So I really took advantage and got 2. I am so glad I did, these are divine! I LOVE the colours, I got 501 strawberry something and 502 strawberry candy or pink candy or something like that. The candy colour is GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS, a sort of sheer like pinky colour with different coloured shimmer, I think it would go well with any kind of makeup and any colour lips or skintone as it's quite sheer and nudish. The 501 strawberry colour is also nice, it's more pigmented than 502 so it can only go with certain kinds of makeup, I think. It's a light strawberry shade. These are really smooth and creamy although I do find that they are a bit drying after they wear off or you take it off, so in that aspect I prefer MAC. I'm absolutely CRAZY about the taste and fragrance though, I LOVE the taste and fragrance and I will put this lipstick on just so I can lick it, even when no one is going to see me! Don't care too much about the packaging though, it's quite lovely but I find it too big and clunky and heavy to be really practical and carry around on the run. I like the clunking sound it makes when I open it though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2007 2:57:00 PM More reviews by 2westies

It's taken me over a year to decide, but other than the beautiful color selection—and some colors are indeed magnificent— I can not find much to recommend about these lipstcks. I have Sexy Tango, a gorgeous corally red, and Beige Strasse, a too-frosty-for-me peachy copper. The formula is a bit drying though not waxy, and the signature Guerlain violet scent is overbearing and irritating to my throat, and it doesn't dissipate with time. Some eau de parfum I could name should last as long as this lipstick's scent. The much admired, dowager friendly tube feels nice in the hand, but for my taste it's an over-designed clunker. If these were unscented I'd be more forgiving of the somewhat minor flaws, but for the high price there are other lipsticks I feel better about buying.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2006 3:09:00 AM More reviews by girliex601x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

over rated. i think the packaging is really tacky and so shiney that whenever u touch it, it leaves finger prints all over the cubes. the formula was nice, similar to other lines w/o the high price tag. the two shades i did order were not flattering at all. rose desir left a strange cast, clashing w/ my skin tone and peche frivole was not peachy, more of a coral, turning my pigmented lips orange red... definitely not the look i was going for. i have tried 3 prodcuts from guerlain and i think i'm done. don't believe the hype... it's really not all that.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2006 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Itisred

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have always loved Guerlain lipsticks and used them regularly until about a year ago when they discontinued my favourite shade and I could find nothing to replace it with. The appeal of Guerlain has always been the fact they carry a range of orangey shades which have no pink in them (I have wasted shed loads of cash on lipsticks which look orange/peach in the tube and ALWAYS go pink on me!) and the wonderful tube with the little mirror on the end - priceless! So why oh why did they have to discontinue the most commonsense packaging in the world? Having read the impressive reviews on MA I thought I'd investigate this new line and the completely new range of shades. I was not disappointed. I bought "Fauve Seduisant 546" which really complements my red hair and hazel eyes. Its a gorgeous peachy terracotta shade which goes on with a beautiful shine. Subtle on its own - it 'pops' with a little clear gloss over it. It comes in the most extravagant gold packaging you'd be proud to pull out and apply anywhere! (Even if there is no mirror in the bottom of the tube for which I removed 1 lippy in the review!) The texture is very soft - its a sort of gel/creme and what really surprised me is its incredible staying power without drying. It faded evenly and left my lips really soft with a light stain. Overall I was very impressed with its performance and value for money. This is one lipstick definately worth £15. I can see it lasting a long time - a definate repurchase.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2006 7:26:00 PM More reviews by miss_galiano

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I never would have bought one of these, only I had to buy 2 products in order to have my makeup done and I was running out of products to buy that I didn't already have. Once again I was running late for my hair appointment so I just chose Cherry Shine on the spur of the moment and I'm glad I did. I wasn't expecting it to cost quite so much (AUD 48) although it doesn't really matter as the money seems wothwhile. It is more expensive than their discontinued Divinora lipsticks that I like so much. I preferred the packaging of the Divinora lipsticks as it was more curvy and feminine and I liked the little mirror on the lid. These ones seem to have a fake gold colour and I don't like that little scratchy bit near where it joins, but it's ok and still better than most brands, but not as good as Guerlain could do. No offense to the person who designed it, it's not bad. I didn't find this drying at all, the colour was gorgeous and made my lips look bigger. I will keep buying more

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2006 10:15:00 AM More reviews by ljanik01

Nice product, not the best lipstick I have tried but certainly the best packaging. I have 600, which is a sheer white/nude shimmer. The texture of the lipstick is a bit grainy but I don't find it drying and it lasts long enough for a shimmer. I like it because it's sheer enough ti apply safely without a mirror for a quick pick-me-up.

Would probably try another color...

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2006 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Aneesa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a number of colours in this lipstick, and I share some of the other reviewer's concerns that they may be a bit drying. I think it depends on the colour - the more matt the shade, they drier the finish and the more chapped your lips get. The trick is to find a colour, finish and texture that you like within the range. To my mind, although they are all KissKiss lipsticks, the underlying formula changes depending on the finish. I would probably buy some of the more unique colours again, unless I found a substitute.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2005 12:07:00 AM More reviews by PattyG

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh, how I wish I could buy about 10 of these! I had to "settle" for one, as I can't justify spending that much moola! Number 523 Exces de Rouge, a dark raspBERRY red color. Perfect if you're looking for a blue-red color. This is very pigmented to me and leaves a stain on your lips even after you wipe it off. It does have that little candy smell to it, but a small price to pay. Now, let's talk about the packaging! Why ELSE would I pay $26.00 for a lipstick? :) It's a piece of jewelry! It's eye candy to the max! It's girly! It's feminine! It's what you want to whip out and impress all your friends with! It's pure unadulterated glamour and worth every penny! (Secretly, it kind of reminds me of a golden Tootsie Roll!) Guerlain has some of the prettiest packaging of products around and has delivered the goods on this lipstick, for sure! Every woman should have at least one of these babies in her purse at all times!

1/8/2006 - Okay, I thought I loved everything about this lipstick, but in truth, I have found it way too drying and it disappears, so I'm taking off a lippy for that. The love affair is over! LOL

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2005 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Selenite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

All right, the real reason that women are interested in this lipstick is the packaging. I don't think that I've ever seen such a luxurious and eyecatching case that just begs to be taken out in public and applied with an air of self-satisfaction as this one. The colors themselves are something to behold too with a nice variety of rich reds and sheer colors. The formula seems to vary but most of these aren't moisturizing creams so if you complain of "drying" lispticks, you would do well to pair this with a lip balm or buy a Lancome formula. They seem to ahve so many rich and creamy lipsticks. The price is mighty expensive, not Cle de Peu Beaute expensive (which I shun because of the exhorbitant prices) but one lipstick after taxes cost me $27US. That makes even other pricey brands look almost (but not quite) like a bargain in comparison.