Revlon Super Lustrous-- Raspberry Bite [DISCONTINUED]

image 1image 2image 3

4.8

on 1/2/2012 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was my first Revlon lipstick and remains my favorite. It has the perfect amount of blue mixed in to make this beautiful raspberry shade. It will stain your lips, but for me I usually apply it with my finger anyway so it's like a long-lasting lip stain :)

on 12/12/2011 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My perfect go to lipstick! I am so obsessed with this color right now. It's dramatic and gorgeous. Perfect for those days when you want to go easy with the eye makeup but still look put together. Just remember to play up your lashes! It gives a wonderful doll-like effect. I wouldn't recommend this for someone who tans or has a golden complexion. I am fair, with cool tones. This color lends itself to the winter ladies. It is a great layering color also! You can build up the color by itself, or layer under or on top of gloss for a sexy patent pout. Red lipsticks, move over!

on 9/16/2011 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Beautiful and dramatic if you are cool toned, This is a blue based hot pink/red color. Revlon lipsticks can't be beat for color selection and quality.

This is a real retro '50's look. So pretty. I can't stop looking at my lips.

on 7/26/2011 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a hot color. A bright red-pink. I love it. I'm NW10

on 6/28/2011 7:05:00 PM

I wasn't expecting a bright fuschia pink but more of a red berry color based on the actual color of the lipstick, but once applied it is a very pretty blue based pink that looks great with my lighter olive skin. The formula is very nice and moisturizing. I think I will probably mix this with deeper colors and glosses to get different effects as well as the one I was going for, but overall I really like the color on its own. It looks a lot like Sea Fleur by L'Oreal which I also own and love.

Thanks to MUAer Ariel, I am ecstatic, yes ecstatic, over this new lippie. I haven't worn DS lippies in 30 years! This "Raspberry Bite" was tracked down and researched by a wonderful gal who had only a Coach Poppy fragrance card photo to go on in Instyle's February issue. My heart-felt appreciation to my fellow MUAer.

This is truly a dark, rich, full on lip deep raspberry that tones down to a rich magenta. Just look on the Poppy ads everywhere of a young girl pouting!

Moisturizing, yes. Long-wearing, yes. (7 hours for me) Bleeding, no. Makes your lips look larger, yes. Layer it for your desired color effects in the dark berry, magenta pink color range. It can be lightly patted for a more magenta dark pink appearance, or full lip for a more knockout look. It is incredible against fair skin. Endures drinking and eating. Don't be put off by the color of dark burgundy-brown in the casing. The color is very mis-leading.

It makes you look like Snow White. And I adore Snow White. To achieve her "look" I accompany this lippie, with a wee amount of pale pink blush on the cheek and Mac's blacktrack gel eyeliner, with a slight wing, with neutral eyeshadow. I don't want to get too outrageous when dealing with a dynamite lippie.

I, indeed, looked for a dupe, thinking that ds lippies were not my cup of tea. Hmmmmph. Wrong. Dead wrong, in fact. ("You get what you pay for", hmmmm ...doesn't ring true AT ALL in this case!!)

I checked eBay and discovered a lot of 2 whereupon I bidded and won! Have one in my purse as well as at home. Gonna stock up on this one, because it is such a keeper.

Try it. You'll absolutely love it!

on 10/25/2010 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

In the store this will look like a burgundy, but the real shade is a jeweltone raspberry. It's a satin texture, and does stain lips a bit. You can dab it on lightly and make it a stain, or add clear gloss like someone did in a picture. I prefer to wear it over lips filled in with liner for a rich shade of raspberry. The liner I pair it with is NYX Retractable in Plum. You can't find this shade in all stores, but I found it at one drugstore that stocked all of the Revlon lipsticks. This color is gorgeous on fair and light skin tones. If you're looking for something different and can't find a unique shade in the drugstore, this is really lovely. I've worn it all fall and winter. Update: I can't say I'm surprised that Revlon discontinued such a beautiful shade, because they always do. They still keep those frosty white pink lipsticks! Come on, who wears those? I'm pretty sure Cherry Blossom replaced this shade. It's also beautiful, but it's nothing like Raspberry Bite.

on 10/7/2010 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

it's a fabulous fuschia red! It's a little bit more red ,compare to the fuschia fusion.love that raspberry red.! It brings color to the face! It illuminates the lips too! Creamy,onctuous! Goes well with a black eye liner.

on 5/19/2010 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this color, its a nice deep, cool, and bright raspberry color. I don't like the way my lips look really small with darker lipsticks on, so i don't wear this often. I definitely would if i had a different lip shape though!

on 5/19/2010 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Other people have described the color, formula, texture etc. so I will just go straight to how this works for me, pale, cool complexion, ash blonde hair, blue/grey eyes.

It goes on bright raspberry with a hint of fuschia. I don't like how it looks on its own initially but blotted it looks nice with a little gloss on top. Doesn't bleed as long as you line your lips beforehand.

But it has a magenta hue to it that makes ALL my imperfections stand out, so I really have to have flawless skin when I wear this. I know that goes for most bluish pink-toned lipsticks, but it is particularly the case with this lippie for me.

Would probably not repurchase.

Popular Lipsticks